Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Peter Capaldi leaving Doctor Who  (Read 5467 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 04:12:48 PM »

Why wouldn't you prefer it?

I don't know if I would. But I would be interested in seeing how it goes if they did.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 04:15:16 PM »

I don't know if I would. But I would be interested in seeing how it goes if they did.
Have you seen the Doctor Who comic relief special from the 80s? That had a fenale Doctor and was totes amazeballs

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 04:32:58 PM »

Have you seen the Doctor Who comic relief special from the 80s? That had a fenale Doctor and was totes amazeballs

No.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 04:35:31 PM »

No.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM</a>

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 05:02:59 PM »

I'll make sure to watch it later today.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 05:40:56 PM »

This is such a fun watch.

1- a female Doctor would be awesome
2- equality
3- after 54 years of white men in the role some variation would be nice
4- why not?
5- it has been shown that Time Lords can be any gender and skin colour when they regenerate
6- woman are awesome
7- why wouldn't we want another strong female led tv show?

Here's my list of subjective opinions.

1. It would be boring.
2. That's not equality.
3. That's flat out sexist.
4. It would be boring.
5. Make him Asian, make him Muslim, make him African, but don't make him a woman.
6. Unfounded statement is unfounded.
7. Because it would be for the sake of "equality." Which is disingenuous.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 05:43:08 PM »

This is such a fun watch.

Here's my list of subjective opinions.

1. It would be boring.
2. That's not equality.
3. That's flat out sexist.
4. It would be boring.
5. Make him Asian, make him Muslim, make him African, but don't make him a woman.
6. Unfounded statement is unfounded.
7. Because it would be for the sake of "equality." Which is disingenuous.
Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but you seem to have a very bleak view on having a female Doctor. That being said, I respect your opinion even if I disagree with it

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 06:02:10 PM »

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but you seem to have a very bleak view on having a female Doctor. That being said, I respect your opinion even if I disagree with it

Look, I would be all for it, if it weren't a calculated business decision to appeal to the vocal minority, but it is.

I will say this though, I like Peter's suggestion of who should be the first female Doctor:

“The time felt right to bow out, to let somebody else play this wonderful role and I would like Frances de la Tour to be first female doctor.”

(Sauce: http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-peter-capaldi-frances-de-la-tour/)

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 06:25:03 PM »

Look, I would be all for it, if it weren't a calculated business decision to appeal to the vocal minority, but it is.
It may be a vocal minority in your circles, but in the UK more people than not feel that a female Doctor would be great. But for every idea and opinion there is always opposition. Some fanboys (not calling you a fanboy) loved Peter Capaldi's casting as it would stop "stupid little fangirls" watching their show.

I will say this though, I like Peter's suggestion of who should be the first female Doctor:

“The time felt right to bow out, to let somebody else play this wonderful role and I would like Frances de la Tour to be first female doctor.”
Don't get me wrong, first and foremost (much like any casting in any tv show or movie) they should get the RIGHT person that will be able portray the narrative going forward. As we don't know what that narrative will be, it is hard to talk about right now. However, in the UK, for as long as the show has existed, we have a tradition of speculating about who the new Doctor should be. It's fun.

If they don't cast a female Doctor I won't be up in arms. But if they flat out decide "not" to even consider it or give female actresses the opportunity to go out for the part, then THAT is sexist. Personally I think that having a female Doctor will bring a new and interesting dynamic to the character. And it could be fun and funny.

I find it interesting that you have no problems with an actor of colour playing the role, but changing the gender is an issue. I grew up watching lots of strong female characters (Ripley in Aliens, Sarah Connor, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Starbuck in BSG, plus so many characters in the comic world). Plus my mother and two sisters are female, so that is my foundation for stating that women are awesome.

However, as I said, you have your opinions, I have mine. It's all subjective.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 06:30:56 PM »

I should hope your mother and two sisters are female. Wink

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 06:33:32 PM »

I should hope your mother and two sisters are female. Wink
And they are awesome. So are my three nieces. And my female friends.
Obviously, not EVERY female is awesome, but I prefer to be positive and focus on those who are

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: