Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Home depot plumbing parts with US internal electronics. Is it possible?  (Read 1035 times)
LordVader0418
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« on: February 01, 2017, 03:18:45 AM »

So I could do another grab bag from US or I could pick one from US. Problem is, I can't really pick one I really like (that I can afford right now).

So my idea is. Could I get metal piping and different pieces of piping from HD, making sure that where the LED would go is appropriate size, and then get all the electronics from US. (TRI cree  orange baby). Anyone seen anything like this done before? Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 06:29:20 AM »

Yes, but it's more commonly done with PVC than metal pipe, mostly due to weight, and if you're putting in sound, better acoustics.

In fact, if you go here, you can see all of the early US designs, most of which were PVC: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=919.0

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

LordVader0418
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 03:40:29 PM »

Yes, but it's more commonly done with PVC than metal pipe, mostly due to weight, and if you're putting in sound, better acoustics.

In fact, if you go here, you can see all of the early US designs, most of which were PVC: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=919.0

Thanks for the link. I've actually fallen in live with no sound sabers with my first grab bag purchase. But I'll still probably go pvc. Easier to drill into as well.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 05:53:04 AM »

Thanks for the link. I've actually fallen in live with no sound sabers with my first grab bag purchase. But I'll still probably go pvc. Easier to drill into as well.

Easier to modify too if you want to do any dremel work on it for detail (just gotta watch out for clogging issues with the plastic melting while working). And probably cheaper.

If it's expenses that is making your decision though, by the time you buy the components to make it, it will probably be cheaper to buy a grab bag.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

LordVader0418
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 06:05:30 AM »

Easier to modify too if you want to do any dremel work on it for detail (just gotta watch out for clogging issues with the plastic melting while working). And probably cheaper.

If it's expenses that is making your decision though, by the time you buy the components to make it, it will probably be cheaper to buy a grab bag.

Yeah, which is why I've convinced my wife to let me use some income tax money on a saber of my choosing and a yari pike extension. Speaking of, since I don't think US would do it (I've emailed but waiting on a reply) how hard is it to install a covertech wheel? I really want the covertech on the extention.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 06:17:09 AM »

Yeah, which is why I've convinced my wife to let me use some income tax money on a saber of my choosing and a yari pike extension. Speaking of, since I don't think US would do it (I've emailed but waiting on a reply) how hard is it to install a covertech wheel? I really want the covertech on the extention.

It shouldn't be hard, if you know how to drill and tap the hole, and have the tools.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 06:34:49 AM »

They will likely be able to do it, after all they can add covertecs to sabers without them. There will likely be a fitting charge as well as covertec wheel charge.

As shade said though, if you know how to drill and tap the hole you will be fine Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: