Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ben Affleck may be leaving DC altogether  (Read 656 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: February 01, 2017, 10:59:57 AM »

Reports came out yesterday that Ben Affleck has stepped down as director for DC's proposed Batman movie (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33955.0). However it was stated that he was staying on as producer and writer, as well as starring as the Caped Crusader. However, hours after that announcement rumours began circulating that he may be leaving DC and the role of Batman entirely (incidentally something I commented on a couple of times, that it seems like he was trying to leave a sinking ship).

This article goes into more detail on these new rumours:
http://movieweb.com/the-batman-ben-affleck-exit-role-dc-films/

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 02:24:40 PM »

Pure speculation, but interesting.  I mean, we don't know what happened, even though people on other sites who are just as informed as us seem to.  Roll Eyes

If he has a lengthy contract, I don't see him leaving.  However, I'd hate to think that's the only thing keeping him there.  If it is, I don't know if we'll get the best Batman/Bruce Wayne.  He's a professional and I don't think he'll intentionally do a bad job, but he may not fully be there if he wants out.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 07:26:14 PM »

Pure speculation, but interesting.  I mean, we don't know what happened, even though people on other sites who are just as informed as us seem to.  Roll Eyes

If he has a lengthy contract, I don't see him leaving.  However, I'd hate to think that's the only thing keeping him there.  If it is, I don't know if we'll get the best Batman/Bruce Wayne.  He's a professional and I don't think he'll intentionally do a bad job, but he may not fully be there if he wants out.
All true. But given the Sadfleck videos and memes, plus the poor box office for his latest movie Live By Night, as well as the general shambles the DCEU currently finds themselves in, I cannot help shake the feeling that Affleck is attempting to distance himself from the role little by little, especially given all the pressure on him to deliver an amazing movie AND performance in said movie. That's a lot of pressure so I'm not surprised he stood down from directing. I hope he stays on as the character, because he was one of the great things in BvS and has already surpassed Clooney and Kilmer in the "best Batman" hierarchy (admittedly not hard to do).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: