Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about sporadic Blue LED  (Read 2586 times)
joebobmyers
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 27, 2010, 12:16:54 AM »

Hi,

So I received an RGB Dominix V2 in the mail the other day, and less than a few hours after opening it, it has started doing this thing where the Blue LED stops working.  The saber will be on with the blue LED activated and then all of a sudden it just cuts out.  When this happens the blue LED is completely nonfunctional.  After waiting a few minutes with the saber turned off, pressing the switch causes the blue LED to flicker for a second and then turn off once again.  Waiting a longer period of time (20-30 minutes) with the saber turned off results in the blue LED working for about 10-15 seconds before it cuts out again.  Note that the green and red LED's in the saber seem to be functioning completely fine.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before and if anyone knows what causes this / how I could remedy this situation.  I may end up resorting to contacting Emory for warranty repairs, but I know he is busy for at least a few days.  And I've had bad luck at sending sabers in for repairs in the past (lost 3 sabers to Derek/DT a few years ago).

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, It'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 01:37:46 AM »

The Derek/DT situation won't happen again since we do all our repairs here at the shop.  Sounds like the blue wafer in the RGB LED is damaged.  It will need to be replaced.  We will do this under warranty or course, just email Emory for an RMA and we'll get it all sorted out.

joebobmyers
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 07:05:27 AM »

Thanks for the fast reply.  I'll email Emory about it.  Have to say I'm very happy with the new sabers so far besides this one problem with the blue part of the RGB LED.  You guys have come a long way since I last ordered.  Especially the metal hilts!  My brother and I started dueling with the standard issues, and we actually just ordered a blue Aeon because we liked the shape of the dominix v2 so much.

Nice work.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 09:38:09 AM »

You're very welcome.  I'm glad our products are working out for you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: