Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Kids Jedi Academy  (Read 840 times)
Lake Pirate
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 04, 2017, 02:52:32 PM »

We are conducting a Jedi Academy for about 40 kids of military servicemembers in April and I was wondering if this group might have some ideas or could assist me.

Our budget is somewhat limited, but I would like to get a Jedi tunic for each child.  I have seen the very simple cut out ones with a rope tie, but I do not like it.  The Rubies costume is too cheesy for me and I could not find a decent sewing pattern for smaller kids.  I have the Simplicity pattern, but it is for teens and adults.  If anyone has an idea that both looks good and is fairly inexpensive, I would appreciate your input.

Also, This is our first Star Wars event and if anyone has any ideas about things to do at it, I would be very grateful.

So far I have lined up the following:
Appearance of the 501st Garrison and Mandalorian Mercs (No response from the Rebel Legion)
A university robotics team coming in to teach the kids how to build some robots/droids
Blind light saber training with small helium balloons
A laser line obstacle course
Laser tag capture the flag event
A child psychiatrist (in Jedi costume) coming in to talk to the kids about dealing constructively with feelings and separation (deployment) issues using a Jedi theme
A Star Wars Cantina lunch and healthy snack making event
Starfighter build and flight (using some neat paper Starfighters I found on the internet.)
X-wing flight training course with an x-wing drone
Some smaller events for the younger kids such as a droid bean bag toss and a simple robot or Lego Starship build
Each child will get a cheap toy light saber (blue or green) from Wal-Mart.  Near the end of the event each child will have a showdown with a couple of Stormtroopers and a Sith.  The Sith will surrender and if the child "kills" him anyway, they will be offered a red light saber.
Graduation ceremony for the Initiates, Padawans, and Knights depending on Age (with an invitation to the older graduating Knights to come back next year and help the event as Jedi Masters)

Thank you

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 03:36:05 PM »

A t Shirt T-Tunic might work.  It's very simple and cheap to make.  We made loads of them in the SCA (Medieval reenactment group).  It is a basic middle ages tunic that a little tweak to the sleeve flare makes a good jedi tunic. 

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-T-Tunic-for-a-Renaissance-Fair

Here is mine

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »

I don't know if this helps, but it's something my mom and I did for my son for Halloween.

We bought old medical scrub sets(size x-small) at the goodwill(really any rescue store will due or buy in bulk) and we cut off the sleeves. Hemmed. For the sash, just some random material cut to fit, inside seam, strip of elastic and slide over.
It was a DragonballZ costume but under the same costume design, could pass for a young Padawan, I believe. Perhaps just leave the sleeves.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

MikrotikMn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 12:24:54 AM »

Я до сих пор нимагу найти Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy :DDD. Лежит на торренте но от туда мне недостать

Успехов вам! пожалуйста зацените http://0gogo.ru/it мой канал если не трудно =)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: