Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasaber no longer working. Any help would be appreciated!  (Read 2400 times)
doctorMarlot
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: February 04, 2017, 08:46:44 PM »

Hello!

My graflex SE with Obsidian Lite sound (which i have had for about half a year) has stopped working.

Recently when i tried to turn on the saber it just played the sound effect that it plays whenever you put batteries into it, before turning itself off. I tried turning it on again and the same happened. I tried one more time and it simply started making a buzzing noice, which only stopped when i took the batteries out. Upon putting the batteries back in and turning it on it again just turned itself off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Cry

(also sorry if my english is poor, its not my first language)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 08:56:56 PM »

Have you checked the batteries? If they are Li-Ions, and you have the charger from US, you might want to stick them in there to make sure they don't need charged. If they are just the normal AAAs, then you might want to replace them. I don't know enough about electronics to tell you if something else might be wrong, but the batteries are a good place to start.

Also, your English is just fine. I would never have known if you hadn't said anything.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

doctorMarlot
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 09:17:38 PM »

Ahh, seems i acted before thinking. I replaced the AAA batteries and it seems to work now. I swear i had replaced the batteries recently, but seems i was wrong. I feel a bit silly now.... Tongue

Thank you for the response!  Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 09:27:02 PM »

You're welcome. If you have anymore problems I probably wont be able to help, but just about everybody on here knows more about this than I do, so you will hopefully be able to get it resolved.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 10:03:59 PM »

Have you checked the batteries? If they are Li-Ions, and you have the charger from US, you might want to stick them in there to make sure they don't need charged. If they are just the normal AAAs, then you might want to replace them. I don't know enough about electronics to tell you if something else might be wrong, but the batteries are a good place to start.

Also, your English is just fine. I would never have known if you hadn't said anything.

It's an Obsidian Lite, so it cannot have the Li-Ion setup.

And yes, fresh batteries tend to solve a lot of problems.  Generally speaking, any time any of the soundboards start saying "Obsidian" and shutting off, it's time to recharge/replace the batteries. 

And I'll bet your blade's a little bit brighter now too.  Usually with the AAA battery setup, the blade will begin dimming when the batteries start getting low.  As opposed to the Li-Ion setup where the blade brightness remains the same, right up till the batteries need to be recharged and the saber just shuts off.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 03:29:52 AM »

It's an Obsidian Lite, so it cannot have the Li-Ion setup.

And yes, fresh batteries tend to solve a lot of problems.  Generally speaking, any time any of the soundboards start saying "Obsidian" and shutting off, it's time to recharge/replace the batteries. 

And I'll bet your blade's a little bit brighter now too.  Usually with the AAA battery setup, the blade will begin dimming when the batteries start getting low.  As opposed to the Li-Ion setup where the blade brightness remains the same, right up till the batteries need to be recharged and the saber just shuts off.

Li-ion + BuckPuck = the blade not dimming

Without the BuckPuck, the blade will dim like it does with standard batteries. This is according to PrincessKnowItAll, and it was news to me when I read it, but I trust her completely.  Smiley

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 04:40:47 AM »

Li-ion + BuckPuck = the blade not dimming

Without the BuckPuck, the blade will dim like it does with standard batteries. This is according to PrincessKnowItAll, and it was news to me when I read it, but I trust her completely.  Smiley

So, if you had a resistor instead of Buckpuck, it would dim?  I'm pretty sure you have to have one of the two, otherwise it fries the LED.

Though for the record, she's been wrong at least once I know of  Wink

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 02:09:25 PM »

So, if you had a resistor instead of Buckpuck, it would dim?  I'm pretty sure you have to have one of the two, otherwise it fries the LED.

Yes, the LED does need at least one, but she says that with the resistor, the LED will dim. With the BuckPuck, it won't. Of course, you have to have li-ion batteries, too.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: