Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Neophyte  (Read 3923 times)
BESTosterone
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« on: February 05, 2017, 11:06:28 PM »

Hello everybody,

Just purchased my first Ultra Saber ("Chosen One") and I'm spontaneously addicted.  So much so, I promptly purchased five ancillary saber stands... now I need your opinion on what sabers I should acquire to fill these empty receptacles? 

Cheers!

YOU ARE UNWISE TO LOWER YOUR DEFENSES!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 11:38:06 PM »

Welcome. The Chosen One is an extremely gorgeous and iconic hilt. I'm not sure what other hilts have caught your eye, and I haven't gotten to wield many, but I have heard wonderful things about the Prophecy, Lost Grey, and Sentinel hilts. I have had the opportunity to wield the Electrum Wind and Shock, and they are quite nice. My favorite so far is the Apprentice. It is the only saber I have (right now), and I couldn't be happier with it. I have always liked the looks of the Mantis and Standard Issue hilts as well. But there really isn't any hilts that I don't like. So go with whatever you like, you will be happy with it.

Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. The only thing we ask is that you use the Search Function (picture with magnifying glass) to make sure the question has not already been asked. If it hasn't, go ahead and ask. Someone will quickly be along with the info you are looking for.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

BESTosterone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 12:05:36 AM »

Thanks very much for the feedback Taegin.  I also like the Apprentice LE very much... so many options, it's hard to select... although I must admit, I always stop scrolling when I reach the Guardian... Obi-Wan certainly had good taste in sabers. 

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 12:09:41 AM »

Thanks very much for the feedback Taegin.  I also like the Apprentice LE very much... so many options, it's hard to select... although I must admit, I always stop scrolling when I reach the Guardian... Obi-Wan certainly had good taste in sabers. 

Yes he did. I currently have a Dark Initiate LE v4 in my cart, but I'm waiting for the money before I buy it. The Guardian and Archon are both very high on my list. But then again, they all are high on my list, so I guess it doesn't matter. The Bellicose is another favorite of mine, but that will be a little while, because (again) I don't have the money. Cry But I'll hopefully get it someday.

BESTosterone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 12:16:08 AM »

Yes, indeed.  I'm quickly learning that this will be an expensive hobby.  Thanks again for the advice. 

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 12:32:14 AM »

Yes, indeed.  I'm quickly learning that this will be an expensive hobby.  Thanks again for the advice. 

Your welcome.

BESTosterone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 12:55:02 AM »

Not sure if my wife will be impressed, but I just purchased the Graflex CE!  Now that the Vader portion of my collection is complete, time to save for Obi-Wan.  Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 01:11:08 AM »

Not sure if my wife will be impressed, but I just purchased the Graflex CE!  Now that the Vader portion of my collection is complete, time to save for Obi-Wan.  Smiley

Nice. If you get the chance, post some pics of your sabers. Everybody loves seeing pics, and a Vader collection would be pretty cool.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 01:41:42 AM »

Congratulations on your Chosen One and the Graflex!  Fantastic choices. My wife enthusiastically "endorses" my "hobby" (addiction) so, of course, that makes it waaaaay to easy for me. I have the latter, the Guardian, the Consular, the Archon 2.1 and the Electrum Wind myself and you cannot go wrong with any of them. When I started collecting these myself, I was immediately drawn to the movie sabers first, and I think it's a really fun way to begin. I then started collecting others like the Bellicose, the Prophecy, the Sentinel and the Arbiter. Can't go wrong with anything from Ultra Sabers really  Grin  I love that you bought stands first, too. Great fun to decide which sabers to perch upon them. Like Taegin mentioned, we really enjoy sharing pics of the new stuff we get from Ultra Sabers, cosplay, etc., but especially the sabers and your impressions of it. A lot of times it may help someone undecided to get one themselves. That's happened to me more than once I can tell you.

You've taken for first step in admitting that it is an addiction, now you can embrace it 😅 😎

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 08:21:19 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Stai ai zo Jen' Garthaz sorms kia kaer j'us ant tave tik tiesa qo!
(Here's a Dark Side point to keep you on the only true path!)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »

Welcome! So, you have a Chosen One and 4 empty stands to fill? My kind of situation Smiley

My suggestions are:

1. Apprentice/Dark Apprentice LE - A very comfortable one-handed 'sabre, ideal for off-hand use or as a pair for dual-wielding or staff work.

2. Graflex - It's very common to have the pair of Luke/Vader 'sabres

3. Reaper - A striking and unusual hilt with a raft of customisation options including MHS pommel and emitter; Still, I recommend the Crimson Reaper as the best-looking

4. Bellicose - The all-rounder, the workhorse, the Mario, the jack of all trades... For my money the best-looking of the US hilts, as well as being one of the nicest in-hand. If you don't have one, do yourself a favour and make it a priority purchase Smiley

But, y'know, stands are cheap... Maybe pick some more up and get yourself a Menace (or staff), a Catalyst, a Sentinel, a Lost Gray... Wink

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

BESTosterone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 12:01:38 AM »

Smiley Awesome advice guys... thanks very much... and thanks for welcoming me to the community.  It seems the Bellicose is a favorite of many... I definitely see why.  While I ponder my next saber selection, I have another question:  Do any of you display your sabers with the blade(s) constantly illuminated... and if so, is there any concern for overheating? 

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 12:20:44 AM »

I do not have a stand for displaying my saber (yet), but if and when I get one, I will not. The only time my saber is on is when I am messing around with it, and showing it off. I occasionally use it as a flash light because it is brighter than my flashlight, but other than that I do not have the blade ignited. However, I do leave the blade itself on the saber almost all the time. Also if the blade were to constantly be illuminated, you would either have to constantly be charging the batteries or else have a recharge port that is constantly plugged in. So for me, there is no concern for overheating, but I don't have it lit all the time.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 12:32:09 AM »

I haven't tried it yet, but I have three Emerald sabers with the echarge ports and just barely purchased a few stands, so I definitely will in the near future, and I won't be worried about overheating at all. As Taegin explained you'll need a 1.2a charger for each one, and I only ever bought one charger for all my sabers, but to display all three that I got the recharge ports on will cost another $80 to get two more chargers. I'm working on a Star Wars section in my office, and I hope to have them on then. Powered off I only like to display the hilt itself. The blade only seems relevant when it's powered on.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

BESTosterone
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 01:32:52 AM »

Thanks again folks.  The reason I ask is I accidentally left my saber on at my office (I was a little too excited showing it off).  By the time I return to work tomorrow, the saber blade will have been illuminated for 14 hours.   I'm guessing the only thing I have to worry about is recharging the depleted batteries. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: