Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Marvel's Iron Fist - Official Netflix trailer  (Read 4281 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 05:38:39 AM »

No, I got a knack for Faces..one of the few positive things I got Tongue  Ok...why are you proud of not watching GoT...a little Hipster mentality perchance Tongue
Yep, definitely hipster. Plus, when it comes to tv shows, I split the audience into two types: geeks and muggles If a show is massively popular with muggles and gets hyped up massively, chances are I won't enjoy it much. If geeks like it first and then muggles catch on, then I will enjoy it. This mentality is based on experience and empirical evidence. Plus it's fun shocking my friends when they find out I haven't seen it.

I may get around to it eventually. One day. Maybe.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 05:46:11 AM »

Yep, definitely hipster. Plus, when it comes to tv shows, I split the audience into two types: geeks and muggles If a show is massively popular with muggles and gets hyped up massively, chances are I won't enjoy it much. If geeks like it first and then muggles catch on, then I will enjoy it. This mentality is based on experience and empirical evidence. Plus it's fun shocking my friends when they find out I haven't seen it.

I may get around to it eventually. One day. Maybe.

Well remember, its based on books that were popular with geeks for 15 years before it was a show.  "Muggles" only got into it because it had Dragons and Nudity.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 05:51:45 AM »

Well remember, its based on books that were popular with geeks for 15 years before it was a show.  "Muggles" only got into it because it had Dragons and Nudity.
1- What are "books"?
2- Dragons and nudity are an awesome combination, but still not enough to get me to watch
3- Regarding the source material, that's exactly the same reason I don't watch The Walking Dead (cos I read the comics when they first came out and the show just can't compare to that awesomeness).
4- The world needs muggles; it makes us geeks more amazing by comparison

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 05:55:05 AM »

1- What are "books"?
2- Dragons and nudity are an awesome combination, but still not enough to get me to watch
3- Regarding the source material, that's exactly the same reason I don't watch The Walking Dead (cos I read the comics when they first came out and the show just can't compare to that awesomeness).
4- The world needs muggles; it makes us geeks more amazing by comparison

In the case of GOT  I actually prefer the show to the books...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 02:40:05 PM »

I don't think LB likes popular things. He's a little bit of a hipster in his avant garde choices (said with tongue firmly in cheek)

You're more accurate than you think.  Cheesy

It just looks very derivative compared to other shows, like a knockoff mixture of DAREDEVIL and ARROW. With superhero media being so saturated now I'm finding myself increasingly wanting these things to stand out or add something new (or just be an incredibly solid romp), and I haven't seen much here yet.

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: