Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Lord from Massachusetts  (Read 4014 times)
Darth Skorien
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -9

Peace is a Lie

« on: February 07, 2017, 10:19:53 PM »

Hello fellow saber enthusiasts,

I am new to the saber community and I am currently searching for my first saber, I want a larger sized saber that aesthetically aligns with the dark side. The saber that currently has my eye is the Scorpion. It seems to be just about where i want it to be in both form and function. I am also very interested in building my own saber ( although the concept is still fairly foreign to me).
I look forward to learning from the rest of you and growing as a saber enthusiast. Thanks to all of you in advance.

Triniirish
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 47

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 10:27:35 PM »

The Scorpion is a great choice for the dark side! I have one in black with the emerald driver and obsidian V4, it is huge compared to my other sabers yet it is manageable for spinning and combat. I have it set to pulse between 100% Red and 80% red at a very short interval it looks like it is throbing with energy. I absolutely love it. I also have a Guardian, Aeon V3 LE and a Consular.

Welcome to the forum.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Darth Skorien
Knight Aspirant

Peace is a Lie

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 10:36:24 PM »

The Scorpion is a great choice for the dark side! I have one in black with the emerald driver and obsidian V4, it is huge compared to my other sabers yet it is manageable for spinning and combat. I have it set to pulse between 100% Red and 80% red at a very short interval it looks like it is throbing with energy. I absolutely love it. I also have a Guardian, Aeon V3 LE and a Consular.

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah so far it is the saber that speaks to me most. I have it sitting in my cart currently and an waiting for my tax returns to hit my account. As long as something else doesnt jump out at me in the meantime, i will be pulling the trigger on this as my first saber. I am super excited. It will of course have an emerald driver and sound. I will also be picking up 3 grab bag sabers along with it.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 11:07:19 PM »

Welcome , Darksider
 The Scorpion will defiantly be a great sith saber !! Sounds like you are going all out! Feed the ADDICTION!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Darth Skorien
Knight Aspirant

Peace is a Lie

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 12:30:12 AM »

Welcome , Darksider
 The Scorpion will defiantly be a great sith saber !! Sounds like you are going all out! Feed the ADDICTION!

I've been wanting to feed my addiction for a long time! But usually there were things that took precedence over my own wants. Now however I am able to focus on my passion and love of all things star wars. Thank you again for the warm reception!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 12:39:44 AM »

Welcome. I really like the design of the Scorpion, even though I have never wielded one. Another one that I really like is the Dark Mantis. It is (from what I've 've heard and seen) fairly large as well. I don't know if you like this design or not, but it Ishtar be another one to consider.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Skorien
Knight Aspirant

Peace is a Lie

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 12:48:32 AM »

Welcome. I really like the design of the Scorpion, even though I have never wielded one. Another one that I really like is the Dark Mantis. It is (from what I've 've heard and seen) fairly large as well. I don't know if you like this design or not, but it Ishtar be another one to consider.

Again, welcome.

I do in fact enjoy the style of the mantis and i do have a bit of a background in fencing so its not completely out of the question. Im trying my best to broaden my horizons and see what i can come up with that will epitomize my alignment with the dark side.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 01:04:04 AM »

I do in fact enjoy the style of the mantis and i do have a bit of a background in fencing so its not completely out of the question. Im trying my best to broaden my horizons and see what i can come up with that will epitomize my alignment with the dark side.

Another one I am coming to like more and more is the Bane. It's pretty simple, but I r ally like the look of the emitter with the rest of the hilt.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 04:17:25 AM »

DSkorien - looking forward to seeing pics of your new sabers when they come in!  That is a BEAST of a hilt you are contemplating!

Welcome to the forum.

K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 05:18:12 AM »

Hey welcome, Darth Skorien. There are many here who know LOTS about building your own saber. As for me, I know how to swap pommels and emitters with different pommels and different emitters. That is the extent of my saber building prowess  Grin

I think both the Scorpion and the Raven are the two sithiest hilts for single saber wielding. The Scorpion is on my wishlist, so I will have one, eventually.  My vote would be the Scorpion. If there is an all around good hilt for the Sith, it's the Scorpion, much like the Bellicose is an all around good hilt for the Jedi. If you're able I would recommend getting it with the Emerald RGBA board and a non-illuminated AV switch to get the benefit of Amber to mix in with any Sithy color you want to create, especially making a nice deep red or dark pyrestone orange.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Skorien
Knight Aspirant

Peace is a Lie

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 05:24:04 AM »

Hey welcome, Darth Skorien. There are many here who know LOTS about building your own saber. As for me, I know how to swap pommels and emitters with different pommels and different emitters. That is the extent of my saber building prowess  Grin

I think both the Scorpion and the Raven are the two sithiest hilts for single saber wielding. The Scorpion is on my wishlist, so I will have one, eventually.  My vote would be the Scorpion. If there is an all around good hilt for the Sith, it's the Scorpion, much like the Bellicose is an all around good hilt for the Jedi. If you're able I would recommend getting it with the Emerald RGBA board and a non-illuminated AV switch to get the benefit of Amber to mix in with any Sithy color you want to create, especially making a nice deep red or dark pyrestone orange.

I've come to the realization that if I do go with the scorpion as my initial saber,  then somewhere along the line I'll have to get a second ,that way I can use them as a staff!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 06:25:07 AM »

I've come to the realization that if I do go with the scorpion as my initial saber,  then somewhere along the line I'll have to get a second ,that way I can use them as a staff!
A Scorpion staff would be ridiculously cool, beefy, but definitely cool. I say go for it.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Skorien
Knight Aspirant

Peace is a Lie

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 07:03:08 AM »

A Scorpion staff would be ridiculously cool, beefy, but definitely cool. I say go for it.

I saw one on youtube in a review. it was massive but by far the coolest double blade I have seen so far.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 02:31:09 PM »

Welcome, brother. The Scropion is an awesome Sith weapon. I loved it so much I made it into a staff.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Skorien
Knight Aspirant

Peace is a Lie

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 03:37:15 PM »

Welcome, brother. The Scropion is an awesome Sith weapon. I loved it so much I made it into a staff.

Im pretty sure youre totally the guy i was mentioning when i said i saw one person make it into a staff, lol. It look so incredibly awesome. how heavy is it as a staff?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: