Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Where do I find Lee Filters?  (Read 1776 times)
cujoe_da_man
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 34

« on: February 09, 2017, 07:29:53 AM »

So, I've seen people mention using Lee filters for Adegan silver sabers (of which I have) and yet, no one actually seems to mention where to find them or what exactly to look for.  So, what am I looking for and where do I get them?  I searched a bit on eBay, but again, not exactly certain what I'm looking at/for.

I am a grey Jedi.
My passions are a part of me,
but they do not control me.
Domination can be broken.
Serenity can be a lie.
Knowledge gives me strength,
but power can be a weakness.
Peace and chaos gives me harmony,
Through balance I gain victory.
There is no Light or Dark,
There is only the Force.
Do not try to sway me or you will feel my wrath.
---
My Collection:
Dark Mantis - Violet Amethyst, Obsidian V3
Initiate V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian V4
Dark Sentinel V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian Lite
Initiate V2 - Fire Orange, Stunt Saber

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 09:37:13 AM »

Hey cujoe_da_man, looks like you can find "Lee Filters" at www.leefilters.com .
Additionally, according to my own experience, you can get a free swatch-book from Rosco (another 'gel' or light filter company) by paying shipping only -- like, $7.50 or something at http://us.rosco.com/en/products/catalog/roscolux . I can get 2 filters per swatch if I'm careful with their books, and I guarantee you that you will have too many colours to choose from.
Just be careful, with either brand, to note the transparency numbers on the spec sheets behind each filter sample, because that's how much dimmer your blade will get with each sheet. You basically sacrifice a bit of luminosity for versatility.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

cujoe_da_man
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 05:08:16 PM »

Well that's cool, now I have a better idea of what I'm looking at.  Though, neither company seems to sell anything online, will have to search for alternative sources.

I am a grey Jedi.
Serenity can be a lie.
There is only the Force.
---
My Collection:

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 07:03:33 PM »

Some sites that sell the filters (photography sites) will sell you a swatch book really cheap.  Amazon sells them, but the full size filters and they're much more expensive.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 07:27:33 PM »

Hi.  Also try any theatrical lighting store.  If you live in Canada pop me a PM and I'll send you a Lee sample book as have a supplier in my city.  Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 07:36:38 PM »

You can order Lee Filters from here for only $.01 each for up to two booklets of filters in one order using the coupon code SWATCH during checkout:

http://shop.leefiltersusa.com/Swatch-Book-Designers-Edition-SWB.htm

All you pay is shipping. I'm in Utah, so the total was $5.96 for just one, and it only went up $2 for shipping when I ordered 2, so shipping then worked out to be about $3.96 per booklet.  Plus, it's good to have a spare set so you get two of each color.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 08:27:50 AM »

Aw dang, I'm really sorry, cujoe_da_man, I looked at Roscolux's website and you're right - they aren't sending out swatchbooks right now. That sucks. I wish I'd checked before I posted the link. I'll echo what others have said here and add on "There's always Amazon". I searched "Roscolux Swatchbooks" and it looks like you can get it on Amazon if you really really want.
I ordered this one directly from Rosco's website a long time ago, and it's available here: https://www.amazon.com/Rosco-Lux-Small-Swatchbook/dp/B0002ER2YG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487060587&sr=8-1&keywords=roscolux+swatchbook
I couldn't find Lee filters, though. Hope you get what you need!

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

cujoe_da_man
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 04:38:09 AM »

Ha ha, that's cool, at least you had some info.  I'm not truly looking to change colors of my white saber, but it would be neat to play with.  I mainly got the white blade because I'm going to use it as a laser sword for a space pirate outfit I'm working on.  I got the standard style blade instead of the ultra edge because the film in the tube makes the blade match nearly identical to the hilt, so it kinda looks like a full sword until it's lit Cheesy

I am a grey Jedi.
Serenity can be a lie.
There is only the Force.
---
My Collection:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: