Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: More Ben Affleck leaving Batman rumours  (Read 6617 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: February 14, 2017, 06:28:32 PM »

Where there's smoke there's fire. I have been thinking that because of all the behind the scenes shenanigans at Warner Bros with regards to the DCEU that Ben Affleck has been strategically been trying to distance himself from the films. And now comes this rumour.
http://screenrant.com/batman-ben-affleck-leaving-role/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=list

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 06:40:16 PM »

Sounds like people are making mountains out of molehills.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 06:46:47 PM »

Sounds like people are making mountains out of molehills.
I was watching movie talk last night and John Campea said that he has spoken to two separate sources connected with the DC films at Warner and they have said that Ben wants out. However, Campea did say that this is just what he was told and that it is not confirmed or anything. But, add that to Affleck committed to directing and then a couple of weeks later dropping off the project, plus his crotchety comments during the press tours for Live By Night (because so many people asked about Batman rather than his new movie) and all the other turmoil they are having, it is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to leave, but I just have this feeling that he will do sooner rather than later.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 07:06:21 PM »

Or this could all be a clever marketing ploy, as DC knows they have been losing ground to both Marvel and the DC TV properties.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 08:30:34 PM »

So far, Ben has been the only person to be able to pull of the Batman that I want. Well along with Kevin. Roll Eyes

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 12:58:28 AM »

The DCEU:

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 01:07:18 AM »

The DCEU:

Is that Phillip Seymour Hoffman?

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 01:13:46 AM »

Is that Phillip Seymour Hoffman?

Yes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3P-f-8Lfcs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3P-f-8Lfcs</a>

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 01:20:17 AM »

Is that a serious outtake from a commercial shoot or a clip from a comedy show?

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 01:22:38 AM »

Is that a serious outtake from a commercial shoot or a clip from a comedy show?

It's from PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE!!!!!  Grin

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272338/

It is a parody of this actual commercial outtake though:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQs_sSblIZ4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQs_sSblIZ4</a>

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 01:28:41 AM »

It's from PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE!!!!!  Grin
Ah. Never seen it, which is why it didn't look familiar. (#RIPpshoffman)

Anyway, back to DC and the Bat, what with the rumours of  Affleck leaving, plus all the Flash mishegoss, I worry that even if Wonder Woman and Justice League are both great that Warner Bros may just do Flashpoint and reboot the universe because of all the chaos and ill-will that is currently out there. Meanwhile, with their latest Infinity War video announcement, Marvel are (inadvertently) making DC look extremely incompetent.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 01:30:50 AM »

Maybe it's like LB said, and their doing it to take everybody off guard with the quality of these next films.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 01:37:43 AM »

Maybe it's like LB said, and their doing it to take everybody off guard with the quality of these next films.
Maybe. But looking at their track record so far: MoS trailer looked good and the film was (to me) a let down. Not bad, just not outstanding. BvS, great trailers (apart from the spoilery one that showed Doomsday), and the film was awful (to me and lots of other people) and not liked by critics either. Suicide Squad had a GREAT trailer and I thought it would be GOTG levels of quirky awesomeness. And yet again, the movie was a massive letdown.

DC know how to make great trailers, which is what has me so worried for Wonder Woman, as everything in the trailers so far looks Totes Amazeballs. But I am nervous because of everything that has come before. I will give it a go, because I WANT the movies to be good, but if they aren't I won't be an apologist and make excuses for them, as we have had many many great comic book movies from other studios, there really is not excuse for making a bad one these days.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 02:29:09 AM »

So, somebody heard that somebody said that somebody was thinking.  That's basically what I got out of that "article."  Well, that and this:

With the added attention the film would likely garner having an Academy Award winner staring

And you get paid to write.  Roll Eyes  I was reading that trying to figure out what he was staring at, then I realized they spelled starring wrong.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 02:32:23 AM »

So, somebody heard that somebody said that somebody was thinking.  That's basically what I got out of that "article." 
Not sure if you read my earlier post:

I was watching movie talk last night and John Campea said that he has spoken to two separate sources connected with the DC films at Warner and they have said that Ben wants out. However, Campea did say that this is just what he was told and that it is not confirmed or anything. But, add that to Affleck committed to directing and then a couple of weeks later dropping off the project, plus his crotchety comments during the press tours for Live By Night (because so many people asked about Batman rather than his new movie) and all the other turmoil they are having, it is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to leave, but I just have this feeling that he will do sooner rather than later.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: