Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade Light flickering  (Read 5091 times)
AuthorUnknown
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 15, 2017, 04:57:37 PM »

Hi. I received a ultrasaber for Christmas per my own request. It has the Consular Green along with the heavy grade blade. I've only removed the blade three times and always make sure its tightly in place. I bought another saber later and dueled with my brother twice. Now when the blade is struck the light flickers to very low light or completely off until it's hit again and returns to normal, I suspect the blade light may be loose. Is there any way I can fix it or send it in to have it fixed, because I have a warranty on it.

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 06:46:05 PM »

Hello and welcome to the board. You've probably tried, but definitely freshen up the batteries and make sure they are secured with either the velcro or as I like electrical tape for the best security (you can use the same piece over and over). Blade flicker is a common effect of low/loose batteries, and it's like the TV remote,when you smack it on your leg it starts working again. If not you can always pull the battery pack and LED out far enough to shine a light down and look at all your connections. If you have any experience with wiring, loose connections are fairly easy to fix. If not you can email US and they will arrange  for you to send it in if need be (they are pretty solid with customer service). There are several Forum members with a lot of wiring expertise who might also be able to help if you can get some pics. BTW what kind of saber and is it a stunt, Flash on Clash, emerald, etc... because there is different wiring for each and is it LI-ion or Standard 4 AAA set up. The more details the better,  More than likely it's a battery issue not the LED.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 06:32:56 AM »

I agree.

It sounds like a low battery/loose battery issue. The Obsidian Lite boards will have a small flicker of light sometimes, on some sabers, regardless of a fully charged battery. But your issue does sound like a low battery. If it was loose, and you had a FoC, usually a reset of the soundboard, followed by the "OBSIDIAN" voice would follow.

Definitely, replace the batteries. Add a strip of black electrical tape at both the bottom and top(over the soundboard) of the batteries. If you need full confirmation, feel free to contact customer service about this, but I'm sure you will receive the same advice here on the forum.

Hope this helped you out.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Diabolos
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 03:46:05 AM »

Just gonna go ahead and throw this out here bc it's happened to me twice in the past week, take your emitter off if you've got one, pop your led unit out, turn the saber on and find the resistor, shake it around a bit and see if the blade flickers, if it does then theirs either a broken wire around that area or it's improperly resistored, this part I'm not sure about as I don't know much about voltage and what not and I hope saying this doesn't get me banned bc I do enjoy ultrasabers and the forum is a great place for help, the first saber I fixed was jut a broken wire, the second which I have to wait til tomorrow to fix had the resistor burn up in it, I'm not sure what caused this as I'm still trying to figure it out myself but I fully intend to find out and fix it

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: