Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Making A Blade Plug  (Read 2945 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: February 15, 2017, 05:21:59 PM »

So how do you transfer say the standard blade plug from the clear polyc to a piece of trans white? I got the standard plug but the tube don't fit any of my sabers for some odd reason x.x I saw someone on here awhile back to that before and I was just wondering how you pry the metal piece off? Thanks for any easy advice on that =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 05:23:45 PM »

Based on the glue I would assume maybe a heat gun/blow dryer to soften the glue, then use pliers to pull it out

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 08:57:52 PM »

Also just so I don't feel like I'm spamming, do you think the Liberator V3 is too thin to put a covertech wheel on? I got one from the other guys in the mail today and planned on putting the wheel on it so. My Rebel Legion lightsaber color is green so figured why not Tongue Thought I could put it on my Dominix V4 but I guess not, not the area I planned it at anyway

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »

I can't imagine any reason why a liberator wouldn't be able to accommodate a covertech knob, it's 1.42" in diameter compared to the 1.45" of other sabers like the Apprentice V4. A quick google search shows that there's at least one Liberator that's been affixed with a covertech, looks perfectly good to me.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 09:49:01 PM »

Hi Zren.  I would ask RevanReborn.  I know that he pops the metal core plug out but not sure if it's a brute strength push from some object placed inside the poly tubing.  I don't think that any glue is involved.  Smiley

Also if you watch his awesome customized Libby video from December you will note the covertec wheel he added on.  Cool

I've had one regular blade plug that for some reason was a tad larger in diameter and would only reliably fit into the emitters of the Aeon/Dominix/Initiate v3 sabers without getting stuck.  Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 10:26:59 PM »

It even got stuck in my Dominix V3 which was weird x.x Not so much my Archon V2.1 though, haven't really tried my Overlord or Shock sabers yet though

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 10:48:03 PM »

Well the standard plug fits my Dark Liberator perfectly at least so that'll be good for when I start taking that out for troops here in Ohio and stuff when I finally start to getting around to joining up which I plan to this year finally Tongue

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 01:13:32 AM »

Also just so I don't feel like I'm spamming, do you think the Liberator V3 is too thin to put a covertech wheel on? I got one from the other guys in the mail today and planned on putting the wheel on it so. My Rebel Legion lightsaber color is green so figured why not Tongue Thought I could put it on my Dominix V4 but I guess not, not the area I planned it at anyway

I have one on mine close to the pommel. It fits just fine Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 02:09:50 AM »

If you look up the Liberator, I was thinking of putting mine near where that lip area is at like where it kinda gets thicker if that makes any sense. Like 3 inches above the top of the pommel threads I think basically

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 03:25:50 AM »

Mine is here if it helps:

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 06:20:19 AM »

Okay nice. Exactly where I was thinking at actually

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 06:36:57 PM »

So just wondering, where would a good spot on the Dominix V4 be for a covertech wheel also? I'm just not figuring that one out x.x On the site it shows just above the pommel but that's where the threading is. I don't want to damage the lower grips in any way if possible. It can't fit on the slimmer bottom section like I thought it would so. I originally intended the covertech wheel for my Dominix V4 LE saber. So thanks for any possible ideas on that one. I don't really want it near the emitter or in the higher section of the saber either though. Only other option I could think of is just where the bottom choke begins at x.x

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 07:01:46 PM »

I'm thinking about right here. what do you guys think? Too high up? I think it'll still hold onto a clip good though. I kinda wanted a Qui-gon look for this one and his covertech wheel was about in the middle of his hilt so Tongue

Dominix1 by joshgarcia07, on Flickr

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 08:20:51 PM »

I'm thinking about right here. what do you guys think? Too high up? I think it'll still hold onto a clip good though. I kinda wanted a Qui-gon look for this one and his covertech wheel was about in the middle of his hilt so Tongue

Dominix1 by joshgarcia07, on Flickr

That does look good, though if the covertech knob is too close to the middle of the saber's mass, wouldn't it rotate on your clip? If the covertech is in the middle, then the hilt's weight would be evenly distributed, and it would sit on your waist like an airplane propeller. I was messing around with a modular hilt and put the covertech upside down towards the middle of the saber, and the hilt was very awkward to carry because of the higher center of mass. It just doesn't dangle as much like a Graflex or Archon with a D-ring would.

If you were going for a qui gon look, the covertech seems to be farther down.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 08:45:17 PM »

Actually my buddy put his just below the center on the first choke point so that's probably where I'll end up putting mine as well. he said it hangs pretty good on that section. I was afraid it might overlap or something but I'm not very good at pin pointing so x.x  Also another update, my standard blade plug does fit my Dominix pretty good at least so, perfect actually. Well, my V4 anyway which is weird Tongue

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: