Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Instructions?  (Read 1655 times)
ThePlut
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 16, 2017, 01:35:37 PM »

Very new here and sorry if this question has been asked/answered, but I searched and I've watched the videos and it doesn't appear covered.

Is there a process for connecting/disconnecting the sabers to computers?  I'm using a new MacBook Pro if it matters.

Brand new Emerald Wind with the Obsidian V4 and Emerald Driver.  Emerald Driver, changing colors works good, although the colors on the screen don't seem to be quite the colors I'm getting on the saber, but it's close enough.

When I plugged into the sound board for the first time, I had the saber on.  When connected, the sound turned off (I think that's normal).  I played with some setting and wrote to the saber.  What's the procedure to disconnect?  I unplugged it, and for several second the saber wouldn't turn back on.  Eventually I got the "Obsidian" sound and everything seems fine, but worried I'm doing something wrong and maybe got lucky?

Is there a manual of some kind that documents how it's all supposed to work?

Thanks,

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 02:15:48 PM »

I know that clicking the "disconnect" button on the main menu will properly disconnect the saber, I'm not sure if unplugging it immediately has any negative effects but the proper way is easy enough.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 02:46:07 PM »

Emerald Driver, changing colors works good, although the colors on the screen don't seem to be quite the colors I'm getting on the saber, but it's close enough.

That's because your computer can only display a little over 16 million colors.  Sound like a lot?  Nowhere near what the human eye can distinguish.  So, it will look slightly different in real life.  Other settings, like the gamma setting on your screen, and so on will affect how colors look on it.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 02:54:47 PM »

Unplugging the saber before clicking the "Disconnect" button should be avoided! It may result in malfunction of the sound board or the Emerald Driver (if the Driver was plugged in). So it seems that it didn't have a great effect, but stick to the right procedure for disconnecting from now on:

1. Click "Disconnect".
2. Close the program.
3. Unplug the saber.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

ThePlut
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 07:38:21 PM »

Thanks all,

I didn't notice the disconnect/connect because it automatically connected the first time.  I've tried it the right way and everything is working as I think it should.

Again, thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: