Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Battery removal?  (Read 1531 times)
Egorr
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 17, 2017, 04:12:52 AM »

So, I have my first Ultra. An awesome piece of work, but I made a mistake. I ordered it with Li-On batteries but no recharge port. Now i have to get the speaker out to get to the batteries for re-charging. The problem is that the speaker is really tight in the body and does not come out without some severe hits to the base. Anyone have any ideas how I can do this in an easier manner, or if I can add a recharge port after the fact? Some advice would be appreciated.

Do or DO Not! There is no Try!

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 04:44:16 AM »

Take a piece of electrical tape and stick it to the battery side of the speaker/sound board, then slide it out under the speaker.  This gives you something to grab onto and pull to get it out.

And you should really be happy, most people have the complaint that their speaker/battery pack is too lose.  Cheesy

Email US at info@ultrasabers.com to ask about the recharge port.  They'll have to re-wire a bit, and put the hole in (or take the easy way and just pull a new hilt that already has a hole, whichever they feel like doing), so it will probably cost more than getting it originally with, but see what they say.

And this is why I always get a recharge port with any saber with sound that I order.  It's well worth it in my opinion.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:23:02 AM »

And you should really be happy, most people have the complaint that their speaker/battery pack is too lose.  Cheesy

I must have gotten lucky with my saber, the battery pack isn't loose, but it still comes out easy.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Triniirish
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 47

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 11:30:16 AM »

The battery pack in my Scorpion is also very tight and difficult to remove, so my wife suggested that I tie a piece of string (I used a piece of nylon thread) to the battery pack/speaker and leave a length of it hanging out. It is small enough not to be an issue to the speaker and strong enough to use to slide out the pack.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

ThePlut
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 12:39:45 PM »

I have/had the same trouble, didn't get a charging port and the battery pack/speaker is very tight (Emerald Wind).  I use the instructions in the video they have (good thump on a towel on a hard surface, will get the speaker flush with the bottom, and a couple of shakes finish it off.  I'll try that string trick the next time I take it out.

I have noticed it gets easier every time I do it (technique or just a little loosening) and I've done it a few times still playing with light and sound.

I did get the higher end battery charger and am impressed how fast it charges those batteries though.

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 10:03:49 PM »

It is not that it is getting easier, you are just getting more comfortable with hitting it or shaking it. People are pretty intimidated when they first get their sabers that they will do something to damage it (and many do), but the majority just finally suck it up and strike it flush a couple times.

Egorr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 02:00:02 AM »

Thanks for all the hints and tips. And I am really not worried about hurting this Saber. These things are built to take a pounding, literally. I am more worried about more round dents in my workbench. And I agree, it was my mistake for not getting a charging port installed in the Saber with sound. My next one will definately have the charging port if it has sound. Just trying to figure out what comes next right now. Man this is addictive! And fun.

Do or DO Not! There is no Try!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: