Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy V3 and Quick Release Coupler Review  (Read 1111 times)
Desmond Falakei
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

Jensaarai Force Warrior

« on: February 17, 2017, 06:15:57 AM »

I will start by saying, I am a bit under the weather but upon returning from the doctor I saw a mail truck parked in front of my house.  Perfect timing!  I received a pair of new Prophecy V3 sabers and I have to admit, I am extremely pleased with this purchase.  Previously I had purchased duel Bellicose Lightsabers, one in blue and one in red.  I then purchased a quick release coupler, but forgot to post about that purchase.

I love the quick release coupler.  Seriously makes an amazing addition to my collection.  Here are a few pictures:

My Bellicose Lightstaff:

My Bellicose Lightsabers:

My Bellicose in their more nature look, with the quick release coupler (which is simple to attach, and use)

Now, back to the Prophecy V3.  Though I love my Bellicose Lightsabers, it was the Prophecy V3 that actually brought my attention to Ultrasabers.  I loved it, and it's darksided brother the Dark Prophecy!  I guess, as you can guess, I'm not likely done with my purchases.

Now, I did one very minor modification to the Prophecy.  See if you notice before I tell you after the pictures.

Side by side, the twin lightsabers:

My newest blade plug:

And the Prophecy V3 next to one of my Bellicose:

So, do you see the minor change?  I replaced the two brass retainers with stainless steel female roundoffs.  Very minor.  I think there is potential to have a male/female version, which would eliminate the need for a retention screw, but I couldn't quite find them in time for these pictures.

Now that I have two Prophecy V3's, what are some of my thoughts?  I am in love with the way it feels in my hand.  That may sound a bit odd (or twisted for those with those types of thoughts), but it just fits well.  It was one of my original draws to the Prophecy sabers (many reviews complimented the way it felt in the hand...).  I have quite a years of Escrima and Kali experience, and the Prophecy V3 has the closest grip to those of my training sticks (some which are metal and used for strength training).  I've already found the Prophecy's easy to move around, even with the 37" blade.  Surprisingly so.  I can spin them in my hands from regular to reverse grip a bit more easily than I can the Bellicose.

That could be hand size.  I have average sized hands.

Now don't get me wrong, the Bellicose is also easy to grip, but now that I have the quick release coupler, I basically have myself a very cool convert a lightsaber to a lightstaff and back, very easily.  I may end up purchasing a silver quick release coupler (likely), but not just for the Prophecy V3.  I see these are one handed sabers.  They just really work and have great balance in a single hand.  Can I use both hands?  Yes, but it does restrict some of the escrima movements (so I'm biased).

Either way, I hope you enjoyed this review.  I'm sick, so I didn't make my usual Jawa and Ewok jokes.  Plus, I worry that they may be reading these or at the very least hiding in my backyard.  I hear their banter.  I see the large stake they plan to use on me.  I am not afraid, but a bit concerned...

Ok, I'm afraid

Well, enjoy your day/night and may the Force be with you (unless you are a Jawa or Ewok.....)...

Shadows are just negative space reversed.

Jensaarai Force Warrior

Light v Dark - Without one, there is no other
DF's Dark Mantis Review

Desmond Falakei
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

Jensaarai Force Warrior

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 03:21:12 AM »

A couple of pictures of the Bellicose LightStaff

Shadows are just negative space reversed.

Jensaarai Force Warrior

Light v Dark - Without one, there is no other
DF's Dark Mantis Review

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 09:56:46 PM »

How did I miss this? Shocked A Bellicose staff and twin Prophecies? Amazing stuff Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »

I agree with James on both counts, so point to you good sir!  Shocked

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »

How did I miss this?

Me too.  I missed it twice, after it was posted and again after you bumped it.   Embarrassed

AWESOME review, dude.  Awesome sabers too.  You don't see many Bellicose staffs.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: