Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sentinel v4 Staff mods  (Read 2051 times)
voss626
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« on: May 11, 2017, 12:42:09 AM »

Well, I was really excited to receive my Sentinel v4 Staff last week. I absolutely love it although I've had to order an adjustable coupler because I'm not happy with the buttons not lining up. Anyways, I got to work the last couple of nights with the first set of mods. I've wrapped the recessed areas in a gray/green leather I've had sitting around for some time. I had to use a stitch wrap as I felt a traditional wrap didn't look very good in the short amount of space I had to work with. This is my first ever go at hand stitching, I'm quite happy with the results.

I used a little E6000 on the leather to help hold it in place so it doesn't spin around the handle on me.

I've got some Aluminum Black on order that I intend to use for some weathering and battle scares. I'm also thinking about getting some O-rings (like 44 of them, sheesh!) and putting them on the grooved portion of the handle. I think I'm going to wait and see how the weathering looks first.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 12:51:16 AM »

I like the leather, that looks great.  I like where your Covertec wheels are too.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 02:16:16 AM »

Those wraps look very sharp.
That should make an excellent staff when assembled

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 02:49:36 AM »

Very nice for sure. Can't wait to see it all done. Blazing Red? Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

voss626
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 03:16:35 PM »

Some updates with weathering. Did some side by side pics with the two hilts to show the difference because I went fairly light with the weathering.

I also got my adjustable coupler in...so much happier with this over the standard coupler.

And a picture of my carrying case. $30 at Gander Mountain.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 03:51:09 PM »

That's some excellent work.  The weathering looks very believable.  It's not overdone, it just looks like dirt and grime from use.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 04:33:15 PM »

Very cool staff you've made man!  Big fan of the aluminum black here as well- gun blue works pretty neat too Smiley.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 06:17:09 PM »

Super fine customization.  A perfect balance of weathering and battle scarring.  Your leather stitching is really nice and even but still has that masculine look.  The slate grey color really suits this saber.  That case is a beauty and likely would cost at least triple the price in Canada.

Would appreciate seeing the staff lit.  Are you applying a clear coating since you will be using these sabers ?  The side to side comparison is a wonderful idea and inspiration for others contemplating making sabers uniquely their own.

well deserved point  Cool

And incase you were not aware... Technomancer RevanReborn is our resident master for using aluminum black, gun blue, acid etching and other chemicals.  Highly suggest that you check out his outstanding customizations and teaching videos.  His Catalyst-Usurper customization using some of these techniques is beyond outstanding.  Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=25425.0

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 10:20:32 PM »

Some updates with weathering. Did some side by side pics with the two hilts to show the difference because I went fairly light with the weathering.

I also got my adjustable coupler in...so much happier with this over the standard coupler.

And a picture of my carrying case. $30 at Gander Mountain.

Voss, those sabers look damned keen^^  Definitely improved upon the original idea and made those Sentinels truly epic looking.  Question: does the leather help w/ handling?  If so, a great example of a marriage between form and function  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: