Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Liberator modification (planet series)  (Read 26887 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2017, 12:22:54 AM »

Yeah. Can't wait to see the rest. So far it's looking amazing.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2017, 03:06:18 AM »

Sweet! Is there a Arbiter in there too?

Yeah probably. Desire to open it is next to none to be quite honest. I'll have a look when I get home and see if I got a $400 donor or fluked a useable one.

Really only care about the Yari at this point lol

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2017, 03:15:17 AM »

Yeah probably. Desire to open it is next to none to be quite honest. I'll have a look when I get home and see if I got a $400 donor or fluked a useable one.

Really only care about the Yari at this point lol

All I have to say is Lord Bladewraith made his look pretty cool after he changed out some parts. Other then that ya.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2017, 03:25:32 AM »

All I have to say is Lord Bladewraith made his look pretty cool after he changed out some parts. Other then that ya.

He did indeed, 'tis a fine looking blade.

But yeah.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2017, 04:02:34 AM »

Very cool so far Isola!  I like the idea of a wood saber- there was a neat rendition of the little wookie padawans from that episode of clone wars by force relics a while back that, odd but cool.  I've been wanting to make a wooden katana saber. 

I like that you're keeping the Libby taper Smiley.  Ever think about woodburning that thing?  You could brand some sweet etching into it. 

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2017, 08:12:38 AM »

Very cool so far Isola!  I like the idea of a wood saber- there was a neat rendition of the little wookie padawans from that episode of clone wars by force relics a while back that, odd but cool.  I've been wanting to make a wooden katana saber. 

I like that you're keeping the Libby taper Smiley.  Ever think about woodburning that thing?  You could brand some sweet etching into it. 

Thanks Rev!

I haven't seen that episode (I'm only up to the first episode of season 3 so far) or the sabers, I'll have to check them out.

Gotta keep the taper! Especially seeing as that's going to be one of the choke points for a near two and a half foot hilt!

So this pic is kind of where I'm heading.

The Yari will be wood covered, the coupler will stay metal as that will be the crystal chamber for this build. I am going to widen the windows and try to build a mini chassis as I will need to run wires through the coupler and I don't want them seen. So the wires will be fed through tubes that I will build the chassis out of.

At this point I have planned to wood cover the emitter as well, but leave the claws metal. I want this to be a nice mix of natural and man made components instead of all just wood. Kind of like the metal was forged for the parts that needed to be metal, and the wood was carved specifically to fit those metal pieces.

To be honest I got this idea from watching a lot of Blacksmithing videos recently. So that's the sort of vibe I want it to have when I'm done.

The switch will most probably be located in the Liberator hilt. I'm not sure what sort of switch to use yet but I do know it will be press button as I don't want to do a sliding switch on every single hilt. Need to change things up now and then or they get boring.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2017, 09:27:58 AM »

Ever think about woodburning that thing?  You could brand some sweet etching into it. 

I meant to reply to this too and totally spaced. Woodburning is also on the cards again from the blacksmithing stuff I've been watching. Not so much etching, but just to age it and add some depth. I will have to try it out on some scrap pieces first though because I'm not sure how flammable this bark will be under a blow torch.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2017, 01:40:49 PM »

Nice!  The idea of a sort of fusion of organic and metallic/ forged stuff is really cool.  I always love chassis experimentation Smiley.  Look forward to seeing, been wanting to use the coupler in a chassis as well. 

Ya that's coming up later in clone wars from what I remember- wicked couple episodes- some of the best minutes of SW for saber nuts lol- the focus is largely on the sabers for once, and you get to see a lot of them- the ol' floating cloud of exploded parts converging/ assembling etc.  The wood one is really neat. 

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2017, 02:07:06 PM »

Nice!  The idea of a sort of fusion of organic and metallic/ forged stuff is really cool.  I always love chassis experimentation Smiley.  Look forward to seeing, been wanting to use the coupler in a chassis as well. 

Ya that's coming up later in clone wars from what I remember- wicked couple episodes- some of the best minutes of SW for saber nuts lol- the focus is largely on the sabers for once, and you get to see a lot of them- the ol' floating cloud of exploded parts converging/ assembling etc.  The wood one is really neat. 

Sounds cool, I'll keep an eye out for it Cheesy

Looks like we're going to have rain all week, so the bark is probably going to have to wait for now. I think I only have enough left to do the emitter. I guess this week will be focusing on the man-made part of the saber Smiley So I might make a trip to the hardware store and pick up some brass tubing, and break out the trusty rotary tool to get those windows opened up and make a start on the crystal chamber this week. I still have to shape my crystal to fit and then will have to find a decent sized LED to illuminate it.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2017, 07:15:08 PM »

I really like where you're going with this. Can't wait to see the end product.

I think the the episode RR is talking about is in Season 4, so you should get there soon. The arc that it's in starts with an episode called The Gathering.

Point to you

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2017, 07:54:49 AM »

I hope no spiders were harmed in obtaining that paperbark ?  Tongue

+1  Cool

You're a real son of a bitch, you know that? I was outside trying to get some more paperbark this afternoon, and you had me all Panakin Skywalker worrying about spiders doin' me a frighten. All I could think about was this post.  Angry

But I think I managed to take enough bark off some trees to wrap the Yari. Had to take a little bit here and there so as not to take too much off the one tree. Apparently taking too much bark off a Paperbark tree can kill it.

Anyway, today I made a start on wrapping the Warglaive emitter.

Pretty much the same deal as the hilt so I won't bore you too much with repeating myself. The main difference with this part though is to cover the inside as well. I want the emitter to look as though it's carved from wood.

So once these layers dry and I can scrape them back some, I will then add layers to the top edge and inside all the windows. My plan is to use a wire wheel on the Dremel to take the bark away from the mounting pegs for the claws. The claws will be weathered. Only the Crystal chamber will be shiny metal. Any other metal will appear worn or tarnished

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 12:34:57 AM »

You're a real son of a bitch, you know that? I was outside trying to get some more paperbark this afternoon, and you had me all Panakin Skywalker worrying about spiders doin' me a frighten. All I could think about was this post.  Angry

hehe . . . . sorry man . . . . lets just say I had an experience when I was a youngling, with a paperbark tree and those creepy eight legged monsters, lol . . . but glad you came out alive  Wink

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2017, 07:41:00 AM »

hehe . . . . sorry man . . . . lets just say I had an experience when I was a youngling, with a paperbark tree and those creepy eight legged monsters, lol . . . but glad you came out alive  Wink

I hate those disgusting demon spawn  Angry

Some more woodenizing today.

Such a pretty, shiny Yari.

RIP

"Post something that's not just sanded metal and wood, Isola FFS"

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 10:01:17 AM »

Turned a brand new, shiny coupler into the base for the crystal chamber

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 02:15:22 PM »

Basic run down of how the crystal chamber will look/function. Apologies for the crudeness. I have yet to glue everything into place and cut the crystal down to the correct height.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: