Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Good Darksaber Font?  (Read 5727 times)
celticsith
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -16

I find your lack of kilt disturbing.

« on: February 17, 2017, 02:09:19 PM »

Does anyone have a good Darksaber font? I have only seen this saber appear briefly in Clone Wars being wielded by Death watch. I would love to load my Renegade with these sounds, and have a few local Ultra Savers owners that have expressed interest as well.

Emerald Renegade v4 (GO BIG OR GO HOME!), Dominix v2 stunt saber (guardian blue, no sound).

ModalNodes
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

NOOOOOOOOO

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 02:31:51 PM »

I know there's one in this thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0
However, I've never used it and the link for the font might not be up right now, but I'd recommend trying it.

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me." -Spock (Raiders of the Lost Ark, 2013)

celticsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 02:53:34 PM »

thank you, i have tried the link for it and keep getting "Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!" so this is a dead end for me, any other suggestions?

Emerald Renegade v4 (GO BIG OR GO HOME!), Dominix v2 stunt saber (guardian blue, no sound).

ModalNodes
Knight Lance Corporal

NOOOOOOOOO

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 03:14:35 PM »

I can't say for certain, but I don't remember any others on the forum. There is another option, but it involves money, time, work, and Audacity; if you want to buy a Darksaber font from Saberfont.com and convert it with Audacity, you could try that.
I ca't guarantee it would turn out right, there might be odd sounds because the font is designed for Crystal Focus boards, but if you want to do this, here's a link: http://www.saberfont.com/search.asp?keyword=darksaber&search=
If you need any help, I've done this before, so I could give advice as needed, or you could ask some more senior sound makers on the forum for better advice.

celticsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 03:35:29 PM »

I was trying to avoid that option (yes, I'm a tightwad when it comes to $). But, unless I have other answers as to where to find a good, free darksaber font... $, time an audacity (which I all ready have) will be my only other option. If it comes to that I will definately take you up on your offer for assistance. Thank you my friend!

ModalNodes
Knight Lance Corporal

NOOOOOOOOO

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 07:46:58 PM »

You're most welcome.

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 05:41:08 AM »

I ca't guarantee it would turn out right, there might be odd sounds because the font is designed for Crystal Focus boards,

It will probably work out fine if you're converting a font for Plecter boards like the Crystal Focus. I recently did just that with the Unhinged font. The issue you may run into is storage space, as a lot of fonts for other boards seem to have very lengthy hums and lockups. I reformatted an Obsidian V4 board to hold only five fonts so I could allocate more space to each, and I still ended up having to shave many seconds off the hum and lockup sounds (though I did get the full 12 sounds each for swing and clash). I was afraid they might not loop right, but it's a messy-sounding font to begin with, and I don't notice any looping issues at all.

I believe NEC boards work differently, like they mix the swings and clashes with the hums during playback, rather than having the sounds themselves pre-mixed like US and Plecter boards.

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

celticsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 06:56:46 AM »

Thank you for that advice as well... looks like I have some tinkering to do!!!

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 09:59:36 PM »

Does anyone have a good Darksaber font? I have only seen this saber appear briefly in Clone Wars being wielded by Death watch. I would love to load my Renegade with these sounds, and have a few local Ultra Savers owners that have expressed interest as well.

Jediseth has a KILLER one! It's based off of Sabine from Rebels, but there is a pre visla boot too.

here is the link:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34805.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: