Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need help with Lore for costume  (Read 926 times)
kienzan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« on: February 17, 2017, 07:10:31 PM »

Hey Everyone

I'm sorta new to the jedi cosplay world and wanted to ask some questions about lore from Jedi/Sith/Gray/whatever past. I am making a costume of a Jedi, but from more of the Gray persuasion. I have a blue lightsaber, but my costume is pretty dark. I'm sewing up a black robe, my tunic is black, my belt/obi black, my tabbards gray, and my under tunic gray. I was going to add some cool scarf and other stuff that will be brownish/gray.

I was wondering, is that "against the law" in the light users world? I know Anakin in the movies wore some pretty dark colors. Luke wore black in Return of the Jedi. I'm not sure if other light/gray Jedi wore black but were not dark Jedis or Sith. Personally, I just know I look better in Black and sorta like the "I'm a light user but I got a dark side" thing in Star Wars. I swear I'm doing it with tact and not emoing/gothing it up.

Sorry if I worded things awkwardly! Thanks for any help!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 07:41:01 PM »

I do not believe that light side users are forbidden from wearing black or whether it is frowned upon. However, in order to distinguish yourself or being mistaken for a Sith you may want to make sure that large parts of the costume are a different colour and use black as a contrast. Like in this picture for instance of a costume made by Twin Rose Designs.

However, at the end of the day, it is your costume, so you wear what makes you feel best.

seaofkyber
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 08:04:39 PM »

Well, from what I remember the Jedi found Anakins dark brown tunics a bit rebellious, but not much else. There seems to not really be any rules about what Jedi wear though, only norms that the majority of them follow. Luminara Unduli and Barris Offee wore black, but I think that was mainly a cultural thing. Quinlan Voss also wore a lot of black, but then again he fell to the dark side later. Ahsoka wears burgundy while in the order. Some initiates wore white tunics with dark brown/black synthleather tabards.

It seems like there are trends that vary between Era's and what not but there are technically no restrictions unless you're going for rebel legion approval. You might get mistaken for a sith when you don't have your blade lit up, have you considered switching your outer tunic and inner tunic around? It will probably give a more Jedi-ish look. Or putting the Jedi crest somewhere to clear up any confusion.

You can call me Sea.
Apprentice LE V4

LS points please Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: