Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Emperor's Hand  (Read 452762 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2017, 07:01:03 AM »

$15 isn't going to break the bank in any way, shape or form  Grin

I should clarify that I am on a limited budget (I'm making a fan film) and so $15 does make all the difference, especially when you factor in shipping to the UK.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2017, 07:02:40 AM »

I should clarify that I am on a limited budget (I'm making a fan film) and so $15 does make all the difference, especially when you factor in shipping to the UK.

Yeah, the shipping to Australia isn't much better.

I just eat lots of Ramen to balance out the Force (on my wallet) lmao

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2017, 07:04:59 AM »

Yeah, the shipping to Australia isn't much better.

I just eat lots of Ramen to balance out the Force (on my wallet) lmao
I would do that too. Depends on how much adulting I have to do elsewhere in life.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2017, 07:06:48 AM »

I would do that too. Depends on how much adulting I have to do elsewhere in life.

This is a good point... I often need to use my car to do most of my adulting. I'm not sure yet how to make my car run on Ramen. She's greedy and always wants fancy petroleum distillate  Undecided

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2017, 07:07:21 AM »

My shipping is terrible too. But $15 for QDs isn't going to stop me from getting it. I will just wait till I have the money for it, and then buy it then. I'm good at waiting. I waited 3 years after I started looking for sabers to buy mine. I waited 3 months to send my saber in to fix it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2017, 04:47:22 PM »

I like the look of this saber very much.
Problem is I have promised myself Tri-CG for my next saber.
Ho hum... Will have to think & wait a while(starting to get itchy trigger finger, not having ordered a saber for some time)

Undecided

Edit: Shipping is a pain in the wallet when you are not "Contiguous United States". Its a pity some compromise of perhaps reduced shipping for overseas customers, isnt possible with some of the deals!

Triniirish
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 47

« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2017, 05:49:48 PM »

If you ive out side the United States you could use a skybox which will give you a US address and then they will ship it the rest of the way at a lower cost.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2017, 05:59:04 PM »

If you ive out side the United States you could use a skybox which will give you a US address and then they will ship it the rest of the way at a lower cost.
Always nice to see someone from Trini on the forum (my mother's island).

I live in the UK and it's not so much the shipping costs that are bad, it's the customs import tax. Fortunately, those costs are included with FedEx pricing on international shipments.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2017, 06:48:33 PM »

I think BH is perfect as is to recreate MJ's blade colour.
Thanks, Knox! Yeah, I really think you're right. I was looking at a whole bunch of pics about it comparing them to BH and pretty darn close.

I don't plan on getting QD with any of my sabers. Means I have an excuse to buy more hilts in different colours.
One huge benefit of having QD's on multiple sabers is the more you have the more it works to your advantage because of the number of combinations you get by multiplying the number of QDs you have by the number of sabers you have. So 2 sabers with QD's become like 4 different sabers, 4 sabers with QD's become like 16 different sabers, etc. Pretty cool way to add more modularity to your sabers in addition to the MHS compatibility.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2017, 06:55:03 PM »

One huge benefit of having QD's on multiple sabers is the more you have the more it works to your advantage because of the number of combinations you get by multiplying the number of QDs you have by the number of sabers you have. So 2 sabers with QD's become like 4 different sabers, 4 sabers with QD's become like 16 different sabers, etc. Pretty cool way to add more modularity to your sabers in addition to the MHS compatibility.

I understand the benefits of Qd, I just personally won't be getting it on my sabers. I only plan on getting maybe three sabers total and will have thought long and hard about blade colour before placing my order, so will have no need to change the colour. But like I said, that's just me. I'm perfectly happy being QD-less.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2017, 06:58:57 PM »

I understand the benefits of Qd, I just personally won't be getting it on my sabers. I only plan on getting maybe three sabers total and will have thought long and hard about blade colour before placing my order, so will have no need to change the colour. But like I said, that's just me. I'm perfectly happy being QD-less.
Ah, gotcha.  Fair enough then 👌

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2017, 07:36:56 PM »

Ah, gotcha.  Fair enough then 👌
Yeah! That's right! I'm not fickle. I won't be swayed by clever technology and pretty lights.  Cheesy

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2017, 07:44:55 AM »

I like the look of this saber very much.
Problem is I have promised myself Tri-CG for my next saber.
Ho hum... Will have to think & wait a while(starting to get itchy trigger finger, not having ordered a saber for some time)

Undecided

Edit: Shipping is a pain in the wallet when you are not "Contiguous United States". Its a pity some compromise of perhaps reduced shipping for overseas customers, isnt possible with some of the deals!

Or just simple stuff like stands or blade plugs could be pretty cool. But I guess it depends where the lines gets drawn on the profit margin. Free US only shipping on so much of the stuff I order is just one more reason that makes me want to move to the US though tbh.

This deal still works out really well though for the other discounts and the fact that you can get a free initiate for a purchase over $500. So it's not like we miss out completely. We only miss out on ONE of the SIX perks Smiley

forcesaber12
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Frequenter of Saber Combat. Mace Windu Forever!

« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2017, 02:15:58 PM »

Oh my gosh I want one! Love the purple color! Grin

If you destroy me, I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine.

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2017, 03:26:03 PM »

Or just simple stuff like stands or blade plugs could be pretty cool. But I guess it depends where the lines gets drawn on the profit margin. Free US only shipping on so much of the stuff I order is just one more reason that makes me want to move to the US though tbh.

This deal still works out really well though for the other discounts and the fact that you can get a free initiate for a purchase over $500. So it's not like we miss out completely. We only miss out on ONE of the SIX perks Smiley

Quite right LR & I have benefited from the perks we do receive.
Ignore me. I was just being grumpy hah.

I do have a VA/purple grab bag saber & the colour is very nice.
 I also know enough to allow for the import tax now & fedex shipping has never been less than hyperspace quick & brilliant(I'm one who tracks it every step & it still suprises evey time).

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: