Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Emperor's Hand  (Read 452727 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2017, 07:08:43 AM »

Just posted my review with video and pics over here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34302.0

Sorry, it's another 18 minute video... what can I say... you can always just read my comments and look at the pretty pictures  Grin

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2017, 12:54:06 PM »

Woot! definitely checking this out.

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2017, 11:17:28 PM »

Just got my EH and its beautiful!  I think I understand why they offer the activation box as angled vs squared.  This squared version doesn't have rounded corners like the Graflex or the Malice.  It digs a bit into the palm of your hand to be candid.  Food for thought.

I also played around w the MHS and swapped a few emitters.  These were what I thought were interesting.

K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2017, 11:26:38 PM »

Just got my EH and its beautiful!  I think I understand why they offer the activation box as angled vs squared.  This squared version doesn't have rounded corners like the Graflex or the Malice.  It digs a bit into the palm of your hand to be candid.  Food for thought.

I also played around w the MHS and swapped a few emitters.  These were what I thought were interesting.

K

Very nice. I especially like the Malice emitter on there.

Point to you

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2017, 11:43:00 PM »

Just got my EH and its beautiful!  I think I understand why they offer the activation box as angled vs squared.  This squared version doesn't have rounded corners like the Graflex or the Malice.  It digs a bit into the palm of your hand to be candid.  Food for thought.

Hey, Kai-Yen, congrats on your new EH. Just got mine as well, and I completely agree, it's b-eau-ti-ful!  Grin  Great pictures, and thanks for sharing your insight on that. This is very useful info for anyone trying to make a decision with parts, especially with the activation box. I know I did, switching back and forth between pictures of both types, for hours, trying to decide. I didn't think too much about the comfort level as much as the look I wanted when I ordered mine, but I mention in my video review on it how the contour of the angled activation box definitely contributes to a comfortable grip. It's difficult to gauge the size of the activation box, sometimes, too. I hope the box isn't a huge negative for you, though, because it does look pretty nice, especially with the yellow illuminated silver AV switch on it. That's a really nice choice there.

I also played around w the MHS and swapped a few emitters.  These were what I thought were interesting.

Like Taegin this one is my favorite MHS mashup as well. The blades of the Malice emitter combined with the black screws on the handle, it all just works really well.  Don't have a Malice myself yet, but I keep taking 2nd, 3rd and 4th looks at it for a possible next purchase.

Point for the honest opinion and great photo gallery of your new saber.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2017, 11:53:25 PM »

Just posted my review with video and pics over here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34302.0

Sorry, it's another 18 minute video... what can I say... you can always just read my comments and look at the pretty pictures  Grin
Nice pics LB. Quick question, did you take those shots on your phone or did you use an actual camera?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2017, 11:57:41 PM »

Nice pics LB. Quick question, did you take those shots on your phone or did you use an actual camera?
Thanks very much, Knox. All my pics are taken with my phone, an iPhone 6S Plus - soon to be replaced by the iPhone 7S this Fall (yippee, lookin' forward to it because it can handle darker lit environments so much better with the dual aperture), but that's off topic so I'll leave it at that.  Wink

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2017, 11:59:58 PM »

Thanks very much, Knox. All my pics are taken with my phone, an iPhone 6S Plus - soon to be replaced by the iPhone 7S this Fall (yippee, lookin' forward to it because it can handle darker lit environments so much better with the dual aperture), but that's off topic so I'll leave it at that.  Wink
Did you use a macro setting?

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #203 on: March 02, 2017, 12:00:10 AM »

DKnox - just my crappy iPhone camera but the lightening was decent in the room given I reside in the San Francisco Bay Area so it's only like 3:30pm PST out here when I took the pics!

K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #204 on: March 02, 2017, 12:04:11 AM »

Did you use a macro setting?
There isn't a macro setting on the iPhone, but to get sharper closeups, I use the AE/AF lock, ample background light and I try to keep the background simple.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #205 on: March 02, 2017, 12:05:20 AM »

There isn't a macro setting on the iPhone, but to get sharper closeups, I use the AE/AF lock, ample background light and I try to keep the background simple.
Those are really good shots for no macro setting.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2017, 12:09:57 AM »

Those are really good shots for no macro setting.
Why thank you, sir.  Cheesy  All the controls are retrieved by tapping on the screen, including the AE/AF lock, so I guess you could say the AE/AF lock IS the macro setting on the iPhone. It locks your focus on the item in the frame of the onscreen grid, which is nice, because otherwise it will occasionally try to snap its focus back from your macro image to whatever else is in frame.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #207 on: March 02, 2017, 12:33:10 AM »

Why thank you, sir.  Cheesy  All the controls are retrieved by tapping on the screen, including the AE/AF lock, so I guess you could say the AE/AF lock IS the macro setting on the iPhone. It locks your focus on the item in the frame of the onscreen grid, which is nice, because otherwise it will occasionally try to snap its focus back from your macro image to whatever else is in frame.
I don't have an iphone. I have an HTC and will soon be getting a samsung. My HTC does have a macro setting though, and I've been experimenting recently with the settings and low light features, practising, for the time of the gathering, when those of us who are left will feel an irresistible pull towards a far away land, to fight for The Prize......sorry. Went off track there for a second.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2017, 12:39:51 AM »

Just got my EH and its beautiful!  I think I understand why they offer the activation box as angled vs squared.  This squared version doesn't have rounded corners like the Graflex or the Malice.  It digs a bit into the palm of your hand to be candid.  Food for thought.

K

GREAT share, Kai-Yen with some beautiful pics!

I also appreciate the input on the square activation box - thats the style I'm sold on and would choose.

The Archon emitter looks pretty shmexy as well Cool  

Love the yellow blade and AV switch it's perfect for the EH.

Points to you +1

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2017, 01:22:53 AM »

I don't have an iphone. I have an HTC and will soon be getting a samsung. My HTC does have a macro setting though, and I've been experimenting recently with the settings and low light features, practising, for the time of the gathering, when those of us who are left will feel an irresistible pull towards a far away land, to fight for The Prize......sorry. Went off track there for a second.

LOL   Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: