Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Form 7 - Juyo/Vaapad examples?  (Read 1044 times)
celticsith
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -16

I find your lack of kilt disturbing.

« on: February 17, 2017, 08:48:12 PM »

I'm looking for video links to good examples of form 7 Juyo/Vaapad saber combat style... not from movies, CW or rebels but real life examples. I have been told that due to my style of saber AND my attitude/alliance, I should look into form 7 because it would be fitting.

Emerald Renegade v4 (GO BIG OR GO HOME!), Dominix v2 stunt saber (guardian blue, no sound).

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:58:18 PM »

First (and you'll hear this at least a dozen times here), you should start with Form I and learn the fundamentals first.  Trying to start with Form VII is like trying to build a seven story building without building the first six floors first.  There are plenty of videos on the basics to be found.  My go to is usually TPLA because I prefer the structure of their approach to learning the Forms, but there are others available as well, such as Bendu and Ludosport.

Second, for Form VII, there are a few videos, some even posted in this forum.  The not obvious (and no, that wasn't meant as sarcasm, it really isn't obvious, depending on what forum layout you're using) search function for the forum is the magnifying glass in the upper right corner area of the page.  The search terms "Form VII" and/or "Juyo" will probably get you the best results.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

celticsith
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -16

I find your lack of kilt disturbing.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 07:00:51 AM »

Thank you, I will see what I can dig up..  I actually started watching some of TPLA videos yesterday and plan on many more in the future!!! Oh the joys of being a newbie!

Emerald Renegade v4 (GO BIG OR GO HOME!), Dominix v2 stunt saber (guardian blue, no sound).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: