Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Repairs and modifications  (Read 1657 times)
Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« on: February 18, 2017, 05:26:18 AM »

So I was trying to access one of my emerald boards today, and I must have yanked a wire, because the saber has quit on me. Before this happened, I was actually thinking about some upgrades with third-party parts (namely, changing out the switch for a brass one, and replacing the speaker with a bass speaker). I'm sure US would repair the wiring issue, but I'm not sure if they take on such modifications. Anybody know if they do this kind of work, or recommend any reputable pros who do?

(And does anyone have a recommendation on what type of speaker mount to get to put the bass speaker into an Initiate V4, Apprentice V4, and Bellicose?)

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

doomblade0
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:25:26 AM »

As far as repairing a wire, that could probably be done by you fairly easily once you find out which wire it is. Also, as far as I have seen on this forum, I have seen people mentioning sending their sabers in to be repaired, of for slight modifications, but those modifications are things that they would do when you order the saber, like cutting the different size for a switch, or so, I doubt they would make modifications for you that use other shop's merchandise. Also, if it really is only one wire, it might not really be worth it for them to repair it for you...with the repair fee of them taking their time to repair it, and then shipping it might be really expensive(relative to the job).

TCSS has a MHS speaker mount for 28mm speakers if you already got a speaker, and if you don't have a bass speaker yet, they have a 2W 28mm Bass speaker...not sure if that's the kind of bass speaker you would be looking for? It's also good price.

Thanks for any responses/advice to my questions!  I really appreciate them!
Grab Bag Stunts:
Aeon v4 - Blazing Red
Standard Issue - Fire Orange

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:33:09 AM »

As far as I know, US will only do work or service to US parts. You may have to outsource your modifications.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 03:05:46 AM »

Thanks for the replies, guys! Yeah, it's looking like switching the speakers wouldn't be that simple, and I think they might not even fit in an apprentice or initiate. I'll probably just send my hilt to US for the repairs, I'd prefer to deal with them anyway.

Ultrasabers what I own:

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 03:43:28 AM »

I have the base speaker in my Shock LE body there's a speaker holder available that makes it very easy to install. I also put brass switches in 3 of my sabers and that also is easy as long as its the same size.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 11:17:54 PM »

I have the base speaker in my Shock LE body there's a speaker holder available that makes it very easy to install. I also put brass switches in 3 of my sabers and that also is easy as long as its the same size.

Hmm ok, I was looking at the US battery holder, and it looks like the speaker is totally integrated, I was thinking it would all have to be replaced. How much modification did you have to do?

Ultrasabers what I own:

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 07:34:07 AM »

I used a replacement battery holder and speaker holder assembly that I ordered with the bass speaker already inserted. I just had to cut and splice the wires. The speaker just pops out of the bottom of the holder really but the US holder isn't quite deep enough for the bass speaker. 

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff