Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Lost Gray Review  (Read 1240 times)
Kendre
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« on: February 18, 2017, 08:03:36 AM »

Here's my review for Ultrasabers Lost Gray - purchased all the way from Malaysia ha!

(was informed that this may be the first purchase of the Lost Gray in Malaysia - but I may be wrong)

Awesome service, very responsive (great stuff & keep up the good job Emory & Corey!) and I got it in less than a week!

Due to the design of the hilt, I feel a 36-inch blade would look best on the Lost Gray. But the 32-inch one works as well. The hilt build is solid throughout and I had no worries about loose ends falling off it- construction-wise, aces.

Solid sound with very reactive sound effects - although perhaps too loud lol. Not complaining! I got the Adegan silver + color discs and could not be happier with it.

A lot of people mentioned about the size of the saber hilt - but it felt great in the grip; just need to find them sweet spots to hold on to- which I'd say plenty. Not to the extent of a Sentinel V4 of course, but much better than a Graflex/ Luke ANH for example. Good for spinning/ twirling but like I mentioned above - find that sweet spot and you're good to go.

The pommel I felt was a little large but it grows on me (ha!) after a while.

Last point to make if you are ordering from Malaysia - Fedex charges extra customs fee around MYR61 upon collection; and to avoid any paperwork issues and questions, do not put in your company name as they would attempt to charge extra fees. If you have and they call you, point out that it is a personal item.

That's all for a short review; looking forward to my next purchase!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLwcSj66uds&t=233s

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »

Great review!  Congratulations on possibly being the first person in Malaysia with one of these sabers.  You've got to love that Ultra Sabers extremely fast worldwide service.  Cheesy

I really like your choices with this saber.  The gold button and black AV button are really striking.  I didn't realize they did the whole bezel in black with the black AV switch, that's really cool.  I like that unique color you got with the yellow and green color discs in there, I may have to try that with my Dominix V2 in AS with the discs.  Grin

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 06:35:00 PM »

Very nice. Definitely getting me my own Lost Gray next =] Mine will be in Tri-Arctic Blue though but as always not sure on the decorative pieces colors to do Tongue Might do black button and black av switch for mine

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

HoverFloat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 01:15:01 AM »

That last bit is very helpful for me as I'm also in Asia (different country though) and have no idea how much the extra customs charges are. Now I have at least a starting point on what to expect. Here, have a point.

Kendre
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 03:31:48 AM »

Here's my review for Ultrasabers Lost Gray - purchased all the way from Malaysia ha!

(was informed that this may be the first purchase of the Lost Gray in Malaysia - but I may be wrong)

Awesome service, very responsive (great stuff & keep up the good job Emory & Corey!) and I got it in less than a week!

Due to the design of the hilt, I feel a 36-inch blade would look best on the Lost Gray. But the 32-inch one works as well. The hilt build is solid throughout and I had no worries about loose ends falling off it- construction-wise, aces.

Solid sound with very reactive sound effects - although perhaps too loud lol. Not complaining! I got the Adegan silver + color discs and could not be happier with it.

A lot of people mentioned about the size of the saber hilt - but it felt great in the grip; just need to find them sweet spots to hold on to- which I'd say plenty. Not to the extent of a Sentinel V4 of course, but much better than a Graflex/ Luke ANH for example. Good for spinning/ twirling but like I mentioned above - find that sweet spot and you're good to go.

The pommel I felt was a little large but it grows on me (ha!) after a while.

Last point to make if you are ordering from Malaysia - Fedex charges extra customs fee around MYR61 upon collection; and to avoid any paperwork issues and questions, do not put in your company name as they would attempt to charge extra fees. If you have and they call you, point out that it is a personal item.

That's all for a short review; looking forward to my next purchase!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLwcSj66uds&t=233s

By the way in case anyone wants to know the setup of the saber.

Lost Gray with Obsidian Lite Sound

Blade LED Color: Adegan Silver + Color Discs -Main idea was to for a white saber from the offset. With the black line running from the emitter down both sides, I felt it looks best to contrast with a silver blade. The color discs option was a 'why the heck not?' move. Worth it.

Flash on Clash:No Flash

Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration:Standard Setup

Blade Length:32" Length] - based on experience with the Sentinel LE V4, I figured 32-in would look good. After a second take, 36" would look better due to the LG hilt design

Blade Option:UltraEdge Midgrade

Obsidian Lite Sound:Obsidian Lite Soundboard

Switch Type:Black Non-Illuminated AV Switch] - Idea behind the concept was a dual-tone hilt approach black and silver with a hint of gold - cuz it adds some elegance to the final look. So three points of reference for black - black lines running on both sides, black covertech and button.

Blade Tip:Round Tip

Bottom Button Color: Black

Top Button Color:Gold - Looks great! Almost regal even

Covertec wheel is black (standard I think - so it gels well with the top button)

* Note: I was initially aiming for the Fulcrum but the position of the activation box + chunky design towards the hilt kinda swayed me to Lost Gray. Still, very pretty tho.

Kendre
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 03:33:57 AM »

That last bit is very helpful for me as I'm also in Asia (different country though) and have no idea how much the extra customs charges are. Now I have at least a starting point on what to expect. Here, have a point.

1US$ : MYR4.4 at the moment. So MYR61 is roughly 13.7US$  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: