Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Want to See Saber in Person prior to Buying...  (Read 1228 times)
WifetoChickenBones
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 18, 2017, 10:24:20 PM »

I realize that this is a long-shot, but...

I recently purchased three "Black Series" Hasbro sabers for my husband.

This led him to do some research and came upon Ultra Sabers.  He is very interested in purchasing two Ultra Sabers (one for he, one for I,) for dueling purposes.

He was all set to pull the trigger and then began second-guessing himself.  He feels that the. Right was isn't na cessation as great as they seem in some of the video / pictures.

So, i told him... "Why not see if someone, within a reasonable driving distance, would be willing to meet up and give you a demonstration?"

Again, I realize it's a long shot but figured I would ask.  We are in Central California.

Thank you, in advance! Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:06:15 AM »

All sabers have that movie like glow on camera and in videos, even the FX lightsabers but more so with the in hilt led type lightsabers. you guys wont be disappointed though especially if you go with the tri-cree led set up or any of the Violet Amethyst colors. I want some of the new Black Series FX lightsabers myself as well Tongue I have an OLD 05 MR Anakin ROTS, Obi-wan and Darth Vader ANH removable blade FX sabers so far

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

WifetoChickenBones
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:22:08 AM »

I apologize for the errors in my post... I can't seem to find a way to edit the original post.  What I meant to say was, "He fears that the brightness isn't going to be as impressive, in real life, as depicted in some of the userr's
Photos and videos."

theAfanc
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

Welsh Mythological Lake Monster

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 04:37:06 AM »

I can't help you because I live in AZ, however I first came upon Ultra Sabers at Phoenix ComicCon last year.  While my friend was purchasing her saber, I was pulling out the ones pre set up and playing around with a few of the hilts.  At the time, as a non-fan, I fell in love with one specific hilt but I didn't think it was worth buying because I hadn't seen any films. About three months alter, I joined the local saber stunt group to further my work in stunts and choreography and after the first night of practice, I was back on the site checking out sabers.  The second I saw that hilt scrolling through I remembered it and purchased it.  But I would have second guessed it, for sure, if I hadn't played with it at PCC.  So if possible, I would suggest finding a convention that US will be at and looking at all of their options.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 07:04:40 AM »

Hey there. Welcome to SaberForum. Ultra Sabers will be attending WonderCon in Anaheim, CA Mar. 31st-Apr 2nd, so if you can get there, you can check out just about everything they have. I tried them out and purchased my first one at our local comic con, too. I'm sure that means about a 3-4 hour drive for you, but I think it's worth it if you really want to experience them in person before buying, not to mention that you'll be able to talk face to face with Ultra Sabers staff there. I haven't met a person yet who hasn't been thoroughly impressed by Ultra Sabers Sabers as a company who RULES in customer service as well as the Sabers they make. Their regular LEDs are already very bright, and the Tri Cree versions are 20-30% brighter still. You can also buy one of their grab bag sabers for $55 plus $15 for the blade if you want an inexpensive way to try one out before investing $200-$300 in one - just another option to consider.

Here's the link to the Wonder Con page:

http://www.comic-con.org/wca

Hope you can make it.

Now there's a little forum business we need to get out of the way before you make any additional posts. All new saberforum members need to visit the FORUM RULES page, read the rules and post there that you acknowledge and agree to follow the forum rules. We all did this when we first started here, too.  Wink  This is listed in large red font on the main page at http://www.saberforum.com

Here's the direct link as well:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0

Thank you and after this is completed you may find the SEARCH function to be a valuable tool here to find the answers to some of your questions. For all the rest feel free to ask like you did just now, and you'll find lots of help coming your way.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 07:10:26 AM »

See my edit above

Accidental post here  Undecided

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 08:58:56 AM »

There's a bit of a comparison of brightness lol.  I know there's different lighting and contrast but that doesn't change the fact an US shows up on camera in a lit room and the hasbro saber does not.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: