Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 18650 3.7 upgrade problems  (Read 1407 times)
kaanapuchris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -53

« on: February 19, 2017, 12:29:20 AM »

Does anyone have Obsidian soundboard experience? I'm trying to run it on. 3.7v 18650 and the speaker is quiet. I've tried using it with 7.4volts and it's still quiet. Do I need to use a buck buck with them? If I use the buck puck the 18650 will be unusable which is the goal I'm trying to achieve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaanapuchris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -53

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 06:41:56 AM »

Also on a 1.0 when the saber is "off" the led is on and when I turn it on the led turns off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »

It could possibly be a bad speaker or your board's volume is turned down.  For the second one, you'd need to hook it up to a computer and see.  The board doesn't need a resistor or buck puck, that's only for the LED.  In the case of 3.7v, most LEDs can run that without burning out (except red) but you still need a resistor to stop the LED from drawing too much power from the board.  You definitely need a resistor or buck puck with a 7.4v setup, though, as that's way too much voltage for an LED module.  However, assuming your batteries are fully charged, I'd check on the speaker and board volume first, since it's happening on both voltages.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: