Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Monarch Video Review  (Read 7438 times)
Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« on: February 19, 2017, 04:07:04 AM »

Hey everyone,

Here is the review of my New Year's Resolution Saber - The Monarch

I am absolutely in love with the hilt. I'm so glad I wound up adding V4 and FoC it was totally worth it!

I hope you enjoy Smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcYHFUmQlC8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcYHFUmQlC8</a>

Pictures to come soon in a gallery thread!

theAfanc
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

Welsh Mythological Lake Monster

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 04:22:45 AM »

#MonarchIsLife  I looooove my Monarch beyond belief.  I wrote up a review after I first got it, you can read it here if you are interested Smiley  I've had it for nearly 5 months and it is still my first and only saber love.  In fact, a friend of mine has one that she is selling and my mate is purchasing it for me, so I will be duel wielding a Dark Monarch and a Nickle Monarch, both in Silver.  I is so excite <3

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 07:04:06 AM »

Yes, I remember you saying that in another thread. I was the person telling you to make sure and post pics of them together Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 07:54:08 AM »

Great, great, FUNNY review.  Grin  I actually laughed out loud there at the beginning, Isola! Your timing was spot on.  Seriously though your review covered the finest points of that hilt and the comic relief was still a nice touch.  Grin

And that General Grievous poster- nice background for this review! I need to find some cool artwork like that when I go to the Salt Lake FanX convention next month.

Point for the fine video and congrats again to you both for another Ultra Sabers happy landing.  Cool

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 08:14:15 AM »

Ha ha ahh I have never laughed so hard!  Great review,  love the poster hanging up in the background.  You crack me up Isola.

I agree though you got to try that hilt out before judging it. I got it as a prize or i would have never considered it, now i love it.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 08:37:16 AM »

Hahahaha thanks guys! I made myself laugh a bit editing it tbh

That picture of Grievous is actually a photo on my TV screen. I thought it would be good just for a different background. Was thinking I might try a different background for each review. So that's good to hear that people liked it Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 04:36:19 PM »

OMG... this review is the bomb !  Grin  ha ha ha ha

Thanks so much for the PM alert and name mention.  If you didn't have such a classically gorgeous girlfriend I might just be doing airport.  Nothing shmexyer than a man with intelligence, creative skills and a playful humor.  lol  Cheesy

Your Monarch modification is simply perfect and takes the saber to a whole other level.  And in my favorite VA blade color.  I had concerns about those large grip rings but that Mantis pommel is my absolute fav pommel and balances the whole saber out.  The video review has a really plush rich look to it.  If you don't mind eventually I'd like to PM you for some pointers as I may be making a video sometime in the not so distant future.

Good on you for keeping up with your new year resolutions.  Seems to be paying off as the energetic intuitive Force is strong within you.  Here's an awesomeness thank you point.  Cool

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »

OMG... this review is the bomb !  Grin  ha ha ha ha

Thanks so much for the PM alert and name mention.  If you didn't have such a classically gorgeous girlfriend I might just be doing airport.  Nothing shmexyer than a man with intelligence, creative skills and a playful humor.  lol  Cheesy

Your Monarch modification is simply perfect and takes the saber to a whole other level.  And in my favorite VA blade color.  I had concerns about those large grip rings but that Mantis pommel is my absolute fav pommel and balances the whole saber out.  The video review has a really plush rich look to it.  If you don't mind eventually I'd like to PM you for some pointers as I may be making a video sometime in the not so distant future.

Good on you for keeping up with your new year resolutions.  Seems to be paying off as the energetic intuitive Force is strong within you.  Here's an awesomeness thank you point.  Cool

I'm glad you enjoyed it lol

Thanks for the kind words and feel free to PM anytime. If I am able to help I gladly will Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 11:52:11 PM »

I think I want a Modarch now.  Grin

Great review. Will definitely start thinking more about this saber.

Point to you

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 12:03:31 AM »

Awesome review there! (and hilarious gag XD For a moment there I thought you were holding an actual replica of Sidious' hilt, but then it all made sense...). That emitter! I just love how it looks! Quick question, what do you think about the Dark Monarch? I don't know, you've got me thinking about getting a monarch some time, but the dark Monarch looks a bit more royal in my opinion. That black and silver contrast may be nice (although I'm also a fan of all-silver hilts).

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 12:22:58 AM »

Awesome review there! (and hilarious gag XD For a moment there I thought you were holding an actual replica of Sidious' hilt, but then it all made sense...). That emitter! I just love how it looks! Quick question, what do you think about the Dark Monarch? I don't know, you've got me thinking about getting a monarch some time, but the dark Monarch looks a bit more royal in my opinion. That black and silver contrast may be nice (although I'm also a fan of all-silver hilts).

I'm honestly not a fan of "dark" hilts after my Dark Catalyst. However, I have said that something may have just gone wrong with the heat treatment with mine as the finish was mottled.

I am fixing to get a Dark Sentinel when I order my Emperor's Hand. So I'll have another look at the dark hilts then and of course review it.

Apart from that, I honestly do prefer silver for this hilt because I think it has more presence and would stand out more in costuming.

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 01:23:54 AM »

I'm honestly not a fan of "dark" hilts after my Dark Catalyst. However, I have said that something may have just gone wrong with the heat treatment with mine as the finish was mottled.

I am fixing to get a Dark Sentinel when I order my Emperor's Hand. So I'll have another look at the dark hilts then and of course review it.

Apart from that, I honestly do prefer silver for this hilt because I think it has more presence and would stand out more in costuming.

Hmmm, that is true, it would definitely stand out more if you're wearing black robes and have a silver hilt, rather than a black hilt that would camouflage with the robe itself...
And wow, you're getting the emperor's hand already? Looking forward to that review too!

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 01:51:02 AM »

Hmmm, that is true, it would definitely stand out more if you're wearing black robes and have a silver hilt, rather than a black hilt that would camouflage with the robe itself...
And wow, you're getting the emperor's hand already? Looking forward to that review too!

Yeah in a couple weeks. Buying something else to save on shipping when I get my clawed Mantis emitter posted and the screws for my Warglaive emitter. Someone else will have a  review up in the mean time though I'm sure  Cheesy

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 07:44:33 AM »

Someone else will have a  review up in the mean time though I'm sure  Cheesy

(probably Lord Bladewraith) Hehe.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 07:46:33 AM »

Yeah man... I swear they tip him off a week in advance so he can pre-order all the new stuff and beat everyone to the review hahaha

Even if I had a week's notice my shipping time is still about 6 or 7 days anyway, so he'd STILL beat me :p

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: