Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Monarch Video Review  (Read 7440 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 07:48:16 AM »

If I had the money, I might could get one before him, but it all depends on how fast FedEx decides to go, and how much before him I buy the saber.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 07:55:52 AM »

😂😂😂 who, me? no worries, guys, I probably won't be getting one so soon. You probably will get yours before I do. Good luck.   Cool

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 08:10:34 AM »

😂😂😂 who, me? no worries, guys, I probably won't be getting one so soon. You probably will get yours before I do. Good luck.   Cool

Sounds like he's lulling us into a false sense of security!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 08:54:54 AM »

No pressure ... 😉

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 10:12:30 AM »

Yeah in a couple weeks. Buying something else to save on shipping when I get my clawed Mantis emitter posted and the screws for my Warglaive emitter. Someone else will have a  review up in the mean time though I'm sure  Cheesy

Looking forward to it anyway Tongue What color are you getting it in? Violet Amethyst? That's the canon (or rather legends now) color, isn't it?

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »

No pressure ... 😉

Don't MAKE me turn this forum around, young man!

Looking forward to it anyway Tongue What color are you getting it in? Violet Amethyst? That's the canon (or rather legends now) color, isn't it?

LB, Darth Knox and I were discussing it in the EH thread. Bane's Heart is what I'm going to go for as it will be closest to Mara's blade. Her color was Magenta, and VA is a bit too purple for that. But Bane's Heart is a good mix of Magenta and Fuchsia and will be close enough for me Smiley

That should satiate my Emperor cravings until US release a Sidious hilt Wink

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 01:03:14 PM »

Don't MAKE me turn this forum around, young man!

LB, Darth Knox and I were discussing it in the EH thread. Bane's Heart is what I'm going to go for as it will be closest to Mara's blade. Her color was Magenta, and VA is a bit too purple for that. But Bane's Heart is a good mix of Magenta and Fuchsia and will be close enough for me Smiley

That should satiate my Emperor cravings until US release a Sidious hilt Wink

See, I never really knew if it was darker purple or lighter Magenta, so I learnt something today! And yes, if that is the case, Bane's Heart will look awesome on it. Do you think US would release a Sidious hilt? That thing look hellishly difficult to craft into a working/dueling saber XD

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 01:10:53 PM »

See, I never really knew if it was darker purple or lighter Magenta, so I learnt something today! And yes, if that is the case, Bane's Heart will look awesome on it. Do you think US would release a Sidious hilt? That thing look hellishly difficult to craft into a working/dueling saber XD

The first one she had that was given to her by Palpatine was magenta. That's the hilt that US just released. Many years later she built her own and it was purple. I was kind of leaning towards purple to mix the two. But the other guys were right about getting magenta. I'll get QDs anyways, so I will be able to mix it up Smiley

I HIGHLY doubt they will ever release it. It's just too small to work as a US hilt. But I would LOVE to eat my words one day. Lots of people ask for it, so who knows what secrets they have going on behind the curtain Smiley

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 02:24:34 PM »

The first one she had that was given to her by Palpatine was magenta. That's the hilt that US just released. Many years later she built her own and it was purple. I was kind of leaning towards purple to mix the two. But the other guys were right about getting magenta. I'll get QDs anyways, so I will be able to mix it up Smiley

I HIGHLY doubt they will ever release it. It's just too small to work as a US hilt. But I would LOVE to eat my words one day. Lots of people ask for it, so who knows what secrets they have going on behind the curtain Smiley

I hope US listens to our prayers XD

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 02:30:29 PM »

Speaking of good resources - prob one of the best Monarch reviews out there to date.  Such a careful and thorough look at this lightsaber, very well done Isola and deserving of a point bomb for you.  The custom touches of black look amazing and set it apart from others and the icing on the cake is that you really love it.  Thanks for the great review, brother Cool

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 02:40:37 PM »

Speaking of good resources - prob one of the best Monarch reviews out there to date.  Such a careful and thorough look at this lightsaber, very well done Isola and deserving of a point bomb for you.  The custom touches of black look amazing and set it apart from others and the icing on the cake is that you really love it.  Thanks for the great review, brother Cool

You're welcome, and thank you too! You're right though. I absolutely do love this hilt! I really wanted to let people see how nice it really is, and how simple it is to make it your own. More people need to get in on this amazing hilt that seems to be far too often overlooked!

I don't know about "best" but I did get an e-mail from US about the giggle-worthiness of it. So glad they weren't annoyed at it  Cheesy Grin  Tongue Wink

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 04:36:33 PM »

Great review. That beginning was hilarious. The addition of that pommel and the little bit of black works so much better than the standard pommel. Also, great background.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 09:25:18 AM »

Great review. That beginning was hilarious. The addition of that pommel and the little bit of black works so much better than the standard pommel. Also, great background.

Thanks Hansrad Smiley I missed this post yesterday and only just saw the thread had another reply.

Good to get feedback on what you guys do and don't like from my videos so I know what to try next time Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: