• Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Torn  (Read 1216 times)
Malachi Khioh
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: February 19, 2017, 09:20:51 PM »

Thinking about getting a consular, what should i get on it and why?

"If you figure out effort and dedication in one aspect of life, you have figured out all of life."
-Malachi Khioh

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 10:46:10 PM »

If you're going to be fighting with it at all, definitely get an AV switch. They look better than the plastic guarded switches, and are so much more durable.

If you're an audiophile like some of us, get the V4 soundboard over the V3. The ability to hold several different and customizable styles of lightsaber sounds is a great value for $10.

Flash on clash (I use silver) makes a great addition if you plan to duel a lot - it's also on sale for the next month for only $10!

In the end, the costs may seem to add up, but in the long run the investment is worth having a great saber.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 11:51:30 PM »

Hey there. Great choice! That was my first saber and here are the things I recommend, and some are things that I had upgraded on it later that I wish I had added when I first bought it:

1. Quick Disconnects $15 extra - you may want to change LED colors later on
If you're not buying the Emerald version, then definitely get these. If you have the money for the Emerald version, then definitely get that and you won't need QD's, as you'll benefit from a limitless options of color customization.

2. Get a black AV switch with a silver bezel (request that in the comments section during checkout. It doesn't cost extra and looks really sharp.)

3. If you're not getting the Emerald version, I recommend the Tri Cree Consular Green for the brightest, fullest looking blade, unless, you want to duel with it and then you might appreciate the effect that Flash on Clash gives you more than the benefits of a Tri Cree LED.

4. Nickel finish $35 extra - this really adds to the overall look.  A smoker, glossier finish on the shroud that takes it to another level of authenticity. I get this on every saber that has the option available.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 12:54:43 AM »

1) Pyrestone Orange blade. Because, why be like everyone else with a Green blade?  Plus it looks awesome with that hilt.

2) Personally I skip Flash On Clash.  It just doesn't do anything for me to have it.

3) Obsidian v4 sound, because being able to switch sounds on the saber, and have that many available sounds to use, is a lot of fun.

4) Get an AV switch, whichever one you happen to like.

5) Recharge port. I get this on every saber with sound I buy, and it's well worth the price to me to be able to just plug the saber in to charge it, instead of having to pull the bateries out.

6) Heavy Grade blade if you're going to be hitting things, and occasionally other sabers.

Remember to post pictures when you get it  Cheesy

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 01:48:18 AM »

5) Recharge port. I get this on every saber with sound I buy, and it's well worth the price to me to be able to just plug the saber in to charge it, instead of having to pull the bateries out.

6) Heavy Grade blade if you're going to be hitting things, and occasionally other sabers.
I second these recommendations!

Recharge ports are really worth it if you have the funds for it.  I've only got them on 3 sabers right now but I sure notice that it's missing on my other sabers.

For blades my instinct was to go with a heavy grade blade on my first saber and after sampling regular mid grade blades have decided I'm sticking with ultraedge/regular heavy grades from now on, due to way less flex and as a side effect, wrinkling of the blade film. With HG you never have to worry because they're near indestructible. My preferred is now the ultraedge heavy grade.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

cujoe_da_man
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 03:03:25 AM »

One thing that should be mentioned about heavy grade blades is they let less light through than thinner blades.  It's not a huge loss, but it is  something to think about if you're only showing off the saber and want the best lighting possible.

I am a grey Jedi.
My passions are a part of me,
but they do not control me.
Domination can be broken.
Serenity can be a lie.
Knowledge gives me strength,
but power can be a weakness.
Peace and chaos gives me harmony,
Through balance I gain victory.
There is no Light or Dark,
There is only the Force.
Do not try to sway me or you will feel my wrath.
---
My Collection:
Dark Mantis - Violet Amethyst, Obsidian V3
Initiate V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian V4
Dark Sentinel V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian Lite
Initiate V2 - Fire Orange, Stunt Saber

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 03:21:15 AM »

One thing that should be mentioned about heavy grade blades is they let less light through than thinner blades.  It's not a huge loss, but it is  something to think about if you're only showing off the saber and want the best lighting possible.

I never noticed a difference with HG and MG on my blazing reds, is it different with other colors?

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 04:57:30 AM »

I never noticed a difference with HG and MG on my blazing reds, is it different with other colors?

Not that I've ever seen with Consular Green, Fire Orange, Blazing Red, or Hot Pink.  I'm sure there is a reduction in light due to physics, but I've never found it to be noticeable.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 06:12:52 PM »

The I would do it:

- CG w/ disconnects. (this will allow you to change out MLS units)
- 36" UE midgrade blade w/ round tip (32" if you're on the vertically challenged list) {MG vs HG: mids can handle light to medium dueling and are slightly brighter. If throwing down, HG all the way}
- spring for the Nickel plated shroud cuz nickel is awesome
- Li-Ion setup w/ Buckpuck [best power distribution]
- V4 sound (because 7 fonts plus MUTE is worth $10)
- red illuminated black AV switch

I view Flash on Clash to be overrated. Unless you go Emerald and can mod your clash settings with better color precision. Pulse feature is an added bonus.
I also have no recharge ports. If I need juice that bad, I find it way easier to change out batts. Ports are good for continuous operational display, however.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: