Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Are Ultrasabers LED's unique or just slightly modified?  (Read 694 times)
Darth Nilus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« on: February 20, 2017, 01:26:51 AM »

I know this is probably a really stupid ass question but I was wondering if Ultrasabers LED's are unique to the point ONLY they have them or there just slightly modified LED for our "nerd" use?

Am just asking since I worked in Construction and maintenance and had to deal with LED's in resident buildings and commercial buildings with Neon lighting as well. Am no expert on LED's by any means, I know you probably couldn't just buy a LED and just put into your lightsaber and expect it to work just like that lol

doomblade0
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:59:43 PM »

They have their own unique colors, which is basically like the frequency/wavelength(i think) to changing colors.
You can buy LEDs from other sources and put them into your sabers. You just need to do some soldering/rewiring.
For example, I just bought 10 RGBW LEDs from amazon for cheap, which I plan to fiddle with. US told me if I wanted to buy an RGBW from them it would be $80(includes the module). In my opinion that's not worth it when I can buy the same type of LED just with slightly different colors for more than half off. Here's what I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NPXCEUS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Unless you already have the module, which is what holds the LED and heatsink in the saber, you need to get that as well when buying an LED from a 3rd party source.

Thanks for any responses/advice to my questions!  I really appreciate them!
Grab Bag Stunts:
Aeon v4 - Blazing Red
Standard Issue - Fire Orange

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: