Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Daddy / Daughter Duel  (Read 1461 times)
Obi-John
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 6

« on: February 20, 2017, 07:42:26 AM »

I just recently purchased my first lightsaber from US: a Shock LE with Obsidian IV sound in Sunrider's Destiny with Arctic Blue FOC.  I've had it about a week now and have thoroughly enjoyed it, and my almost 3 year old daughter has become completely infatuated with it also.  She absolutely loves it every time I ignite it and especially when I make it clash, and she has been begging me to let her play with it too!  As much as I love my daughter I'm not about to let her attempt to wield my Shock LE, but perhaps she may be ready for an Initiate saber in a couple of years or so.  I did decide she still needed her own lightsaber though and it just so happens my family was heading to Disney Hollywood Studios this weekend, and so we built her first lightsaber in the store at Star Tours.  She specifically asked for a purple blade and loves her new toy... she's hardly put in down or played with anything else since.  Tonight I surprised her by challenging her to a duel, and the Force must be strong with this little one because she already has some skills!  I thought I'd share the video my wife took of our duel... hope it encourages some other dads (or moms) to share their love of Star Wars and awesome lightsaber duels with their kids too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7TRZuPwUhA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7TRZuPwUhA</a>

http://youtube/p7TRZuPwUhA

NuclearHub
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

We must respect the living force

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 07:09:01 AM »

Shes so cute!

My 3 year old only has the extendable hard plastic saber, so he gets upset that he cant play with the too huge light up one i have. Makes me want to go gt him one like hers so he can swing it right. This is one of my favorite bonding activities that I can do with him other than the usual rough housing. I feel like it teaches kids on some level to do a few different things like: staying active, knowing their own and others limits, a mutual respect of play fighting, and how to just embrace something that makes you happy. When your daughter or my son see us having fun and not just sitting around and using our imaginations and creativity that will always stay with them friend.

I plan on uploading one of our recent videos to my channel so i can post it up and share. Thanks for this.

There is no dark side, nor light side There is only the force

"In the light, there is a darkness and in the darkness, a light. It is the way with us all. Be a prisoner of neither Bogan nor Ashla. Strive to live in balance. As Tython itself teaches us, it is dangerous to do otherwise. And the danger is there—always."
―Ketu

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 11:20:39 PM »

Definitely looks like the both of you are having fun.
Hoping to get my son to duel with me, but it would be a much closer fight (he's 21)

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 12:58:21 AM »

Cute!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 03:51:29 AM »

Haha! Good dad you are! Both my sons, 10 and 5, have ultrasabers and I have had duels with them. We havent dueled in some time though. Last time, I caught one on the bridge of the nose. If I wasn't already out of breathe, that did it! They battle every so often, but my 10 year old is scared of my 5! He's strong, so he still has much to learn.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 12:01:43 AM »

Thanks for sharing that's super cute!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 12:16:12 AM »

Courageous youngling you have there.  ☺️  Love the SRD. Nice choice! Point to you for raising your daughter wisely in the ways of the force. 👏👏👏

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: