Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Customizing sabers with TCSS parts.  (Read 2709 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« on: February 21, 2017, 03:05:42 AM »

I'd like to customize some sabers with TCSS parts and make them into staffs, and single sabers.
The first saber I'd like to customise is the Dark Menace.
I'd like to turn it into a staff, with some small silver extensions, or chokes, between the hilt and emitter, and hilt and coupler.
I plan to use Consular emitters, and a black adjustable coupler on the staff.
I also plan to create two single versions of this saber with Guardian pommels, and the same silver extensions, or chokes, between the hilt and emitter, and hilt and pommel..
If anyone knows of a good part from TCSS that could help me accomplish this that would be great.
Oh, and before anyone points it out, it is ok to talk about TCSS on this forum, because they are a supplier for US.

Triniirish
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 47

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:45:01 PM »

I'd like to customize some sabers with TCSS parts and make them into staffs, and single sabers.
The first saber I'd like to customise is the Dark Menace.
I'd like to turn it into a staff, with some small silver extensions, or chokes, between the hilt and emitter, and hilt and coupler.
I plan to use Consular emitters, and a black adjustable coupler on the staff.
I also plan to create two single versions of this saber with Guardian pommels, and the same silver extensions, or chokes, between the hilt and emitter, and hilt and pommel..
If anyone knows of a good part from TCSS that could help me accomplish this that would be great.
Oh, and before anyone points it out, it is ok to talk about TCSS on this forum, because they are a supplier for US.

I have recently ordered a pommel from them, it was the type 4 with the cube ring for it. My comments about it is this... even though it fit the MHS as it was advertised the design was really different it looks like the Guardian's pommel yet very different. The major difference I saw is that the THICKNESS of the material was thin, where it would screw into the hilt was around 1.5 to 2 mm thick whereas the Guardian or Scorpion pommel was about 3 to 4 mm thick. In my eyes if the thickness of their parts is consistant then I would wonder if it could hold up to vigourous duelling. The Guardian or Scorpion pommel as it is can be used as a choke point but not theirs as the choke of the pommel has two male threaded sections.

So based on your intended use after crafting I would confirm the thickness of the parts being ordered.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:52:56 PM »

I have recently ordered a pommel from them, it was the type 4 with the cube ring for it. My comments about it is this... even though it fit the MHS as it was advertised the design was really different it looks like the Guardian's pommel yet very different. The major difference I saw is that the THICKNESS of the material was thin, where it would screw into the hilt was around 1.5 to 2 mm thick whereas the Guardian or Scorpion pommel was about 3 to 4 mm thick. In my eyes if the thickness of their parts is consistant then I would wonder if it could hold up to vigourous duelling. The Guardian or Scorpion pommel as it is can be used as a choke point but not theirs as the choke of the pommel has two male threaded sections.
So based on your intended use after crafting I would confirm the thickness of the parts being ordered.
Thanks for this information, looks like I may have to go another route.
Maybe using automotive chrome tape to add the details I want to the top and bottom of the hilt itself.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 03:37:02 AM »

With the pommel you ordered, I have a few questions, mostly because I'm looking for some different pommels to use with some of the sabers I want.
1. Is it silver?
2. Can the spikes, or  cubes be removed?
I'm thinking of getting different pommels for my Aeon, Dominix, and Sentinal sabers.
For the Sentinals I'm looking for a pommel that has a cone shape to it, and not a lot of detailing.  These pommels will be left silver.
For the others I'm looking for a bunch of different designs, and any suggestions would be awesome.  If you suggest anything, it would really help me if you gave me a little bit of a description of what it looks like.
I'm planning on getting V4 and V3 versions of all of the sabers listed above, in silver and black where applicable.  The V4s will be purchaced in the vented, and nonvented emitter styles.
Some of the silver parts will be anadized black by a friend of mine, along with two shrouds from the Consular, and Guardian hilts.

Triniirish
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 04:38:18 PM »

Hi... yes it is silver. The cubes can be removed as well. I hope the photos can be helpful!

The choke point is a male to male, one side being MHS compatible and the other is not. The thickness of the threads is about the the same as on the hilt, the original Consular pommel threading is about as thick as a 5/32 hex wrench whereas the pommel in the photo is as thick as a 5/64 hex wrench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 02:49:35 AM »

Hi... yes it is silver. The cubes can be removed as well. I hope the photos can be helpful!
The choke point is a male to male, one side being MHS compatible and the other is not. The thickness of the threads is about the the same as on the hilt, the original Consular pommel threading is about as thick as a 5/32 hex wrench whereas the pommel in the photo is as thick as a 5/64 hex wrench.
Thanks for the description, although I'm not sure what you were talking about in regards to the wrenches.
What pommel did you say that was again, was it the MHS V1, or MHS V2 Type 4 pommel?
For that matter, what's the difference between MHS V1, and MHS V2? 
Can the parts be used together?
Thanks again for the info.

Triniirish
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 02:53:48 AM »

As far as I read in the forum MHS V1 is the one that works with US hilts. If you have the different hex wrenches you would have a physical approximation of the thickness.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 07:16:36 PM »

Below is a list of sabers I'm planning to use in my Sci-Fi YouTube Miniseries Codename Spirit.
I'm hoping that some of you will have some TCSS Pommel suggestions for the following sabers, Aeon, Dominix, Sentinal, Iniciate, Apprentice, Liberator, Standard Issue, and Prophecy, need some different

pommels.
Please describe the pommels to me because I am legally blind and can't see pictures.
Notes:
All sabers will have Emerald Drivers (RGBA)
All sabers will have Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blades.
Sabers listed with SelfModified in their titles will be modified after purchase.
All of the Prophecy sabers will have their lower diameter sections painted, or taped.
All sabers with covertek wheels will have them replaced with body colored nurled screws.
Sabers with couplers will have non-adjustable couplers unless noted otherwise.
Villains:
2 - Dark Arbiters with Dark War Glaive emitters, black claws, and black Quick Release Coupler - Blazing Red (100Red 0Green 0Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 or 24 inches.
1 - Malice no claws, gold nurled screws instead, and a round pommel - Blazing Red (100Red 0Green 0Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 40 inches.
1 - Dark Mantis - Blazing Red (100Red 0Green 0Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 36 inches.
Double bladed - Dark Omens with Dark War Glaive emitters, no claws, silver nurled screws instead, and a black quick release coupler - Blazing Red (100Red 0Green 0Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 or 32

inches.
2 - Dark Omens with War Glaive emitters, no claws, black nurled screws instead, and a silver quick release coupler - Blazing red (100Red 0Green 0Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 or 24 inches.
1 - Bane - blood Orange (50Red 0Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 36 inches.
2 -  Archon V2.1 with Menace emitters, and Guardian pommels - Amber (20Red 0Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
1 - Dark Standard issue with grooves - Blood Orange (100Red 0Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
1 - Dark Standard issue with grooves - Orange (0Red 50Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
1 - Reaper - Blood Orange (50Red 0Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
1 - Scorpion - Orange (0Red 50Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
1 - Dark War Glaive - Yellow (0Red 100Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
1 - Reaper - Orange (0Red 50Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
1 - Scorpion - Magenta (100Red 0Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
1 - Dark War Glaive - Amber (0Red 20Green 10Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
2 - Initiate LE V4 with windowed emitters - Magenta (100Red 0Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
2 - Initiate LE V4 - Yellow (0Red 100Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double bladed - Aeon LE V4 with windowed emitters - Orange (30Red 0Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
Double bladed - Aeon LE V4 - Yellow (0Red 80Green 10Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
2 - Dark Initiate LE V4 with windowed emitters - Orange (30Red 0Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
2 - Dark Initiate LE V4 - Yellow (0Red 80Green 10Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double bladed - Dominix LE V4 with windowed emitters - Magenta (100Red 0Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
Double bladed - Dominix LE V4 - Yellow (0Red 100Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
Double Bladed - Aeon LE V3 - Amber (0Red 0Green 10Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
2 - Initiate LE V3 - Yellow (0Red 90Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
Double Bladed - Dominix LE V3 - Yellow (0Red 100Green 0Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
2 - Dark Iniciate LE V3 - Amber (0Red 20Green 10Blue 100Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Heroes:
2 - Dark Catalysts - Blue (10Red 10Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
1 - Overlord - Arctic Blue (0Red 50Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 36 inches.
2 - Menace with black buttons, Archon v2.1 Emitters, necks, and Guardian pommels - Green (0Red 100Green 20Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double bladed - Menace with black buttons, Archon v2.1 Emitters, necks, and black adjustable coupler - Green (0Red 100Green 20Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
2 - Archon V2.1s with Dark Menace emitters, and Scorpion pommels  - blue (0Red 20Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double Bladed - Archon V2.1 with Dark Menace emitters, and black adjustable coupler - blue (0Red 20Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
1 - Raven with SS edition pommel - bLUE (0Red 10Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 36 inches.
2 - SelfModified - Consulars with Menace emitters, Archon pommels, and no shrouds - Violet (50Red 0Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double bladed - SelfModified - Consulars with Menace emitters, silver adjustable coupler, and no shrouds - Violet (50Red 0Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
2 - Manticore with high pommels - Violet (0Red 0Green 100Blue 50Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double bladed - Manticore  with silver adjustable coupler - Violet (0Red 0Green 100Blue 50Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
2 - Dark Menace with Silver buttons, Consular emitters, and Scorpion pommels - Green (0Red 100Green 20Blue 0Amber) later Cyan (0Red 100Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double bladed - Dark Menace with Silver buttons, Consular emitters, and black adjustable coupler - Cyan (0Red 100Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
2 - Shock LE - Mint Green (30Red 100Green 30Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
1 - Bellicose with black button, black blade holder, and short groove pommel - Blue (0Red 0Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
1 - Bellicose with silver button, silver blade holder, and long groove pommel - Green (0Red 100Green 0Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
2 - Dark Monarch - Light Blue (80Red 80Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
2 - Dark Shock - Light green (80Red 100Green 80Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double Bladed - Dark Sentinal LE V4 with windowed emitters - blue (0Red 10Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
2 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 with windowed emitters - Cyan (0Red 100Green 80Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
Double bladed - Dark Sentinal LE V4 - Light blue (25Red 25Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
2 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Blue (0Red 20Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double Bladed - Sentinal LE V4 with windowed emitters - Blue (10Red 10Green 100Blue 0W - Blade length = 32 inches.
2 - Apprentice LE V4 with windowed emitters - blue (0Red 10Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double Bladed - Sentinal LE V4 - Green (0Red 100Green 20Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
2 - Apprentice LE V4 - Light blue (0Red 40Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
2 - Dark Liberator - Green (20Red 100Green 20Blue 10Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double Bladed - Raven with black adjustable coupler - Blue (0Red 10Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
Double Bladed - War Glaive with silver adjustable coupler - Cyan (0Red 90Green 100Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
Double bladed - Prophecy with gold, or black  accents - Unknown (0Red 0Green 0Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 24 inches.
2 - Dark Prophecys with silver accents - Unknown (0Red 0Green 0Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
2 - SelfModified - Standard issue with tennis grip - Unknown (0Red 0Green 0Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
Double Bladed - Dark Standard issue without grooves  - Unknown (0Red 0Green 0Blue 0Amber) - Blade length = 32 inches.
The other sabers from the UltraSabers line will not be used in the Sci-Fi YouTube Miniseries Codename Spirit, due to their recognizable nature.

Bones222
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 05:08:12 PM »

Hello all. just wanted to share that i just finished this project yesterday using a TCSS pommel and it looks great. Bought the hilt used and it needed some work.

BEFORE:

I wanted to change the blue LED and go with green. For some reason that hilt just screams "green" to me. Also Fixed the covertec screw, changed the switch to an AV style. Also, i used some sandpaper and steel wool to give it a little bit of weathered or slightly aged look. Now everything is secure and looks great.  Hope y'all like...

AFTER:

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »

Thanks for sharing these pics. Its useful to see how these really look on a saber. I'm going to be holding out for US to get the MHS version of the Scorpion pommel back in stock. I like the lines of it and the filled gaps between the blocks better, especially now that I have confirmed how easy it is to turn them silver and shine them up.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 04:40:44 AM »

Thanks for sharing these pics. Its useful to see how these really look on a saber. I'm going to be holding out for US to get the MHS version of the Scorpion pommel back in stock. I like the lines of it and the filled gaps between the blocks better, especially now that I have confirmed how easy it is to turn them silver and shine them up.
How do you shine them up?
And which part of the pommel are you referring to?

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 04:44:48 AM »

I'd like to customize a Standard issue with some black grooves, but am not sure what type of paint to use.
I'm planning to also customize four Prophecy sabers with spray paint, and masking tape.
Any suggestions as to which type of paint, and how to keep the paint from smudging during use?
Thanks for the answers in advance.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: