Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My First Saber Build (video)  (Read 1066 times)
JayMeezy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

Darkside points

« on: March 05, 2017, 06:42:58 PM »

Here's a video of my first saber build. It's a Dark initiate LE V4 empty hilt that I picked up. I decided to go with purple (which requires color mixing), add sound, and FoC. It was probably a little ambitious for my first build, but it worked out. It's by no means meant to be a tutorial, but instead just documenting my journey. I learned a lot by making mistakes. It was a lot of fun and definitely won't be my last build. Maybe I'll get good enough with it that I can make a little tutorial.

https://youtu.be/cQ2NcqZNbFQ

The Jedi seek to take away your humanity; the sith simply show you how to control it.

Sabers:
The Malice: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound, Red Illuminated Switch, large claws
The Chosen One SE: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound
Dark Initiate LE v4(main hand. Built from empty hilt): VA, FoC Silver, NB v3 sound, VA illuminated 12mm Switch
Dark Initiate LE v3 (off hand): VA
Initiate v2: BR

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:52:53 AM »

Congrats on your build. I haven't quite been brave enough to go down that road yet. Thanks for sharing.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

celticsith
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -16

I find your lack of kilt disturbing.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 02:54:57 PM »

I am planning on doing my own build soon ad well. Going with a dominix v4 le....  it will be a frankensaber though because I will most likely get the electronics elsewhere. I am going to attempt customizations including a vented spacer so I can run 2 speakers, rgbw leds. I have also considered buying an empty renegade hilt and doing rgbw in the cross guard blades AND the main blade.. Also with a 2 speaker steup.. easy peasy!

Emerald Renegade v4 (GO BIG OR GO HOME!), Dominix v2 stunt saber (guardian blue, no sound).

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 02:42:57 AM »

Jay, I watched your video all the way through. That doesn't always happen. I really enjoyed it. It was good, I liked that you shared your first build with us. I love the disconnects, sure makes it a lot easier.  Too bad once you start adding more stuff to your saber it gets very limited on space and you have a hard time using them.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 06:37:17 AM »

Great video.  I really like your choice of blade color and switch.  Interesting battery setup, I take it the other side has a dummy cell in it?  I don't know what you had to solder on your board for deep sleep, but I recently did a sound install with that same board and harness (preinstalled also) and I didn't have to solder anything, yet my saber goes into deep sleep.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 01:35:12 PM »

Very cool!  Congrats man!  Looks great- the smaller switch looks awesome on there Smiley

JayMeezy
Knight Lance Corporal

Darkside points

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 12:58:02 AM »

I am planning on doing my own build soon ad well. Going with a dominix v4 le....  it will be a frankensaber though because I will most likely get the electronics elsewhere. I am going to attempt customizations including a vented spacer so I can run 2 speakers, rgbw leds. I have also considered buying an empty renegade hilt and doing rgbw in the cross guard blades AND the main blade.. Also with a 2 speaker steup.. easy peasy!

You'll definitely have to post that one up. I'm curious about the 2 speaker setup.

Jay, I watched your video all the way through. That doesn't always happen. I really enjoyed it. It was good, I liked that you shared your first build with us. I love the disconnects, sure makes it a lot easier.  Too bad once you start adding more stuff to your saber it gets very limited on space and you have a hard time using them.

Thanks. The idea behind the disconnects was that it would be easy to fix my screwups. lol. Other than for the LED, I probably won't go with them on my next build.

The Jedi seek to take away your humanity; the sith simply show you how to control it.

Sabers:
The Malice: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound, Red Illuminated Switch, large claws
Dark Initiate LE v4(main hand. Built from empty hilt): VA, FoC Silver, NB v3 sound, VA illuminated 12mm Switch

JayMeezy
Knight Lance Corporal

Darkside points

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 01:10:18 AM »

Great video.  I really like your choice of blade color and switch.  Interesting battery setup, I take it the other side has a dummy cell in it?  I don't know what you had to solder on your board for deep sleep, but I recently did a sound install with that same board and harness (preinstalled also) and I didn't have to solder anything, yet my saber goes into deep sleep.

Yeah. Like I said, I learned a lot. lol. I ended up going with a Lithium battery. It's 3.7v, so I just used a dummy, rather than having to add more resistors. I'll likely go with an 18650 battery and a recharge port next time. I soldered the LED on the switch to the ds, so that it won't kill my battery, since I didn't put in a kill switch.

Very cool!  Congrats man!  Looks great- the smaller switch looks awesome on there Smiley.  

Thanks, I debated on that for a while before I decided to go with the small one. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Sabers:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: