Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question and Advice about the grips on Graflex...  (Read 881 times)
buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -116

Darth Havek

« on: March 06, 2017, 01:56:38 AM »

I'm thinking of putting grips like the ones on the Graflex at the bottom of my Manticore ce, but not sure what I should use. I heard windshield wiper blades. Is there other substitutes that others have used that work well? I'm just trying to customize the hilt. Thinking of buying contact paper for the middle of the hilt as well. Any suggestions should be appreciated.  Smiley

Jedi Khamon
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 02:21:23 AM »

I'm thinking of putting grips like the ones on the Graflex at the bottom of my Manticore ce, but not sure what I should use. I heard windshield wiper blades. Is there other substitutes that others have used that work well? I'm just trying to customize the hilt. Thinking of buying contact paper for the middle of the hilt as well. Any suggestions should be appreciated.  Smiley

I have a graflex ce and ordered the hard rubber grips from tcss in the 3.6 size and will work really well. The have 3m tape and with a little glue should attach very well.  The windshield wiper trick looks decent but its not rounded at the fin to accommodate the curve of the hilt.  You can use any method that suits your tastes but for me the grips from tcss are the way to go.  Will be installing them on Monday.

Hope this info helps.

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Darth Havek

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 03:10:04 AM »

I actually didn't know about tcss until your post so thank you for that. I will be checking them out now.  Grin

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 01:12:10 PM »

To my knowledge t tracks have never been found in the wild- a lot of people think they were cupboard or window hardware of some kind.  That'd be my guess- they used a lot of that type stuff.

You could also get them 3D printed.  It would be sick if US offered a sold separately version of their t tracks, just without the tab/ runner on the underside, maybe some adhesive instead.  I love theirs. 

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Darth Havek

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 06:04:14 PM »

I do hope that US adds more to there accessories or build your own lightsaber section someday. Such as a double saber stand.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: