Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello from Chicago/Tennessee  (Read 1016 times)
Ganaa
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -26

« on: February 21, 2017, 06:13:34 PM »

Hey peoples, I am student here in the Chicago area, from East Tennessee.

I just recently have joined the sabering community with the order of my first LED Lightsaber on Friday. Just impatiently waiting on that e-mail telling me it has shipped.

First saber: Dominix v4 with windowed emitters with a blazing red LED in an ultraedge midgrade blade.

*give me Darkside points*

I may be Sith, but that does not make one a murderer, nor a barbarian.
Seek the knowledge of the Dark Side, bend it to your will, utilize the strength of your passion, but not be enslaved to it.
to be enslaved is the way of the undisciplined apprentice, but you desire to be a master.
Remember the goal of the Sith creed: "The Force Shall Free Me"

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:05:05 PM »

Hey, Ganaa, welcome and thanks for dropping in to say hello. Congrats on your first saber, which I also call the "gateway saber" to your new addiction. You're going to want more, I guarantee it  Grin  Excellent choice on the Dominix and good call getting the windowed emitter and UltraEdge blade. A stellar setup!  I'm guessing you're more of a dark side of the Force kind of guy with that awesome avatar and the blazing red you chose (I know, nothin' gets past me  Wink), so I'll give you your first dark side force point as a welcome now and another one when you come back to share some pics of your new saber.

On the topic of posting pictures, we appreciate any pictures of your saber adventures, so please share when you can.  You can only post pictures that are stored elsewhere, like a Photobucket.com, Flickr or Imgur account, rather than uploading them directly here, by using the Image button above, second from the left on the bottom row of buttons at the top, to insert a link to the picture you want to share.  It will then automatically embed in your post here.

Also, if you want do a video review, which we also really appreciate, and upload to YouTube, you can embed the video in a post here at SaberForum by pasting the public link to your video that ends in ".com" and remove the 's' from https://

Hope you have a great experience here and help where your knowledge may assist others.

Also, you can get a ton of information out of these forums using the SEARCH button above or by using Google to search with the following format:

search term site:www.saberforum.com

Always feel free to ask here though if you can't find the answers you need.  Welcome to you!   Grin

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:33:44 PM »

Welcome. It sounds like Lord Bladewraith covered just about everything, so I'll just say that it's great to have you. The Dominix is a beautiful design, and one I hope to have someday.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Ganaa
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 02:38:34 AM »

Thank you for the welcoming. I do plan on doing a review video of the saber, especially as a friend of mine down the hall owns a Saber Forge lightsaber as well. might do well to compare the two on a video.

any tips on making a good video?

Seek the knowledge of the Dark Side, bend it to your will, utilize the strength of your passion, but not be enslaved to it.
to be enslaved is the way of the undisciplined apprentice, but you desire to be a master.

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 11:16:50 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Stai ai zo Jen' Garthaz sorms kia kaer j'us ant tave tik tiesa qo!
(Here's a Dark Side point to keep you on the only true path!)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

Ganaa
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 11:32:30 AM »

Thank you again!
Update on video: after reviewing the rules, I won't be comparing "the other guys" lol.

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 01:43:23 PM »

Hello and welcome, the Dominix is an excellent choice . Lord Bladewraith  (LB) pretty much covered everything , so check out the different sections to learn and share all sorts of cool customization, spinning/wielding , technical advice and whole lot more. Enjoy your new Crack, I mean Saber habit. It has begun. You already want another one don't you?

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 09:44:49 PM »

Welcome! Cool choice for your hilt - I hope you enjoy it when it arrives Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 10:16:27 PM »

Hello and welcome to the addiction that is Ultra Sabers!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Ganaa
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 03:39:20 AM »

It came in this afternoon! Yes I have enjoyed it immensely, already been fighting, getting hit and pretending to dismember people already  Grin

I'll be updating my picture with my new saber

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: