Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Top 11 Favourite Movie Villains of all time  (Read 15377 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 10:04:30 PM »

In no particular order.

1.) Delores Umbridge
2.) Magneto
3.) Maleficent (The OG)
4.) Smaug
5.) Predator
6.) The Ghost and the Darkness
7.) The Terminator
8.) Gideon Gordon Graves
9.) Capt. Hector Barbosa
10.) Yokai (aka Prof. Callaghan)
11.) The Joker (Ledger)

Honorable mentions: The xenomorph, Agent Smith, The Jackal, Darth Sidious.

That's all I could think of at this time. There are so many more though, I could go on all night.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 10:05:06 PM »

Well I suppose since Lecter was locked up, and he really didn't play the part of antagonist in SILENCE, you technically didn't call out 2 villains from the same movie.

Not against the rules to do so though. Wink

(Love your Maleficent pick BTW)

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 10:06:24 PM »

Not against the rules to do so though. Wink

(Love your Maleficent pick BTW)
And voiced by the perfect villainess voice actress.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 10:07:26 PM »

And voiced by the perfect villainess voice actress.

With excellent character design to go with the perfect voice. Grin

Damn, now I want to watch SLEEPING BEAUTY.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 10:09:21 PM »

In no particular order.

1.) Delores Umbridge
2.) Magneto
3.) Maleficent (The OG)
4.) Smaug
5.) Predator
6.) The Ghost and the Darkness
7.) The Terminator
8.) Gideon Gordon Graves
9.) Capt. Hector Barbosa
10.) Yokai (aka Prof. Callaghan)
11.) The Joker (Ledger)

Honorable mentions: The xenomorph, Agent Smith, The Jackal, Darth Sidious.

That's all I could think of at this time. There are so many more though, I could go on all night.
Which Magneto - Fassbender or Mckellan?
The Ghost and The Darkness is one movie but two villains. You need to choose one.

And you are only allowed THREE honourable mentions (you really did just skim the rules didn't you).

Well I suppose since Lecter was locked up, and he really didn't play the part of antagonist in SILENCE, you technically didn't call out 2 villains from the same movie.
The topic is movie villains. Lecter is a villain, although not the MAIN villain in SOTL, so it totally counts. And you can have 2 villains from the same movie if you want. Just count them separately.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 10:35:55 PM »

And you are only allowed THREE honourable mentions (you really did just skim the rules didn't you).

I don't know if people come to these topics to read rules (I'm very guilty of skimming myself). Undecided Maybe some looser parameters would help?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 10:41:05 PM »

I don't know if people come to these topics to read rules. Undecided Maybe some looser parameters would help?
There are only 5 rules (the actual forum has more). How long does it take to read 5 rules?

And I think the parameters are quite loose. By having limitations it A) makes people think harder about their choices, 2) avoids overly long lists, C) doesn't hand an advantage to those people who see the list earlier than others (they would then be able to take all the best picks, especially if there were no limitations).

Like I said, there are only 5, very short, rules. Shouldn't be that time consuming to read them. And before anyone mentions it, I know I went A, 2, C. That was done on purpose for the sake of comedy.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 11:22:55 PM »

There's more debate than actual listings here

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 11:28:03 PM »

There's more debate than actual listings here
You're not helping. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 11:51:30 PM »

Not gonna rank

Emperor Palpatine
Darth Vader
Buffalo Bill
Biff Tannen
Clarence Boddicker(Robocop)
T-1000
Annie Wilkes aka my mom's doppleganger
Chuckie/Charles Lee Ray
Jaws the shark
Norman Bates
Michael Myers

Honorables
Freddy Kruger shudders
Xenomorphs(excluded cuz they are as a whole)
Death(Final Destination)

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2017, 12:04:25 AM »

Not gonna rank

Emperor Palpatine
Darth Vader
Buffalo Bill
Biff Tannen
Clarence Boddicker(Robocop)
T-1000
Annie Wilkes aka my mom's doppleganger
Chuckie/Charles Lee Ray
Jaws the shark
Norman Bates
Michael Myers

Honorables
Freddy Kruger shudders
Xenomorphs(excluded cuz they are as a whole)
Death(Final Destination)
1- the shark from Jaws is officially called "Bruce".
2- Xenomorph is like Jedi, it can be single or plural.
3- LOVE your list. Good job *thumbs up emoji*

*edit* On a side note, can I say how gratifying it is that so many people enjoy these thread topics. I do them as a fun thing to encourage conversation and debate about the topic (and what ever subjects that spiral out of it too). I hope you guys enjoy participating in them and any "correcting" I do is just part of the fun banter and not to be taken seriously. With that in mind, anyone caught breaking the rules in the future gets 15 mins on the naughty step.

*extra edit* It seems that the Xenomorph/s have appeared on many people's lists. Little side question for the group: Which is more intimidating/scary - The Xenomorph or the Facehuggers?

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2017, 12:32:12 AM »

1- the shark from Jaws is officially called "Bruce".
2- Xenomorph is like Jedi, it can be single or plural.
3- LOVE your list. Good job *thumbs up emoji*

*edit* On a side note, can I say how gratifying it is that so many people enjoy these thread topics. I do them as a fun thing to encourage conversation and debate about the topic (and what ever subjects that spiral out of it too). I hope you guys enjoy participating in them and any "correcting" I do is just part of the fun banter and not to be taken seriously. With that in mind, anyone caught breaking the rules in the future gets 15 mins on the naughty step.

*extra edit* It seems that the Xenomorph/s have appeared on many people's lists. Little side question for the group: Which is more intimidating/scary - The Xenomorph or the Facehuggers?

Xenomorphs definitely! For me

For me, I thought Buffalo Bill was more creepy than Hannibal lector, although a greater body of work, but for that film, bill freaked the hell out of me. Lector became an anti hero, IMO

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2017, 12:36:08 AM »

Xenomorphs definitely! For me

For me, I thought Buffalo Bill was more creepy than Hannibal lector, although a greater body of work, but for that film, bill freaked the hell out of me. Lector became an anti hero, IMO
X-morphs what? Are more intimidating than the facehuggers? Yeah, I can see why someone would think that. For it is definitely the facehuggers.

Am I the only one who found Buffalo Bill funny? Not "ha ha clown the hills are alive" type funny, but still funny. No? Just me then? Ok.....

I prefer Lecter in the film because of the menace hidden behind the intellect. Plus the way he escapes from custody, THAT was terrifying in an awesome way.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2017, 12:43:21 AM »

X-morphs what? Are more intimidating than the facehuggers? Yeah, I can see why someone would think that. For it is definitely the facehuggers.

Am I the only one who found Buffalo Bill funny? Not "ha ha clown the hills are alive" type funny, but still funny. No? Just me then? Ok.....

I prefer Lecter in the film because of the menace hidden behind the intellect. Plus the way he escapes from custody, THAT was terrifying in an awesome way.

His "I'm having an old friend for lunch" makes him anti heroic cuz that mother fo'qua deserved, no doubt about it! He was intelligent, very methodical. His getaway was glorious. My brother would whack me with a towel like Lector got the guard with the stick(brother is off!) He was too sharp, too witty, to be scary for me. "Love ya skirt!"

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2017, 12:50:47 AM »

His "I'm having an old friend for lunch" makes him anti heroic cuz that mother fo'qua deserved, no doubt about it! He was intelligent, very methodical. His getaway was glorious. My brother would whack me with a towel like Lector got the guard with the stick(brother is off!) He was too sharp, too witty, to be scary for me. "Love ya skirt!"
Anti-heroic? You keep on using that word. But I do not think it means what you think it means. Cheesy

And deserving or not, eating that "mother fo'qua" makes him evil and villainous (no-one deserves that, no matter how good the chianti).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: