Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominix v2 LE - Review  (Read 832 times)
James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« on: February 21, 2017, 11:05:44 PM »

I’ve been fortunate enough to have got my hands on quite a lot of US’ hilts over the years. Discounting colour and size variations, pretty much the only ones I’ve not tried are the Malice, Raven, Renegade, Graflex, Chosen One and the Emperor's Hand. I’ve been among the first to try out the Sentinels, curved Reapers (which seem to be potentially on the official release list soon) and the Electrum Wind and I’m waiting with bated breath for the release of the next US hilt.

I... may have a problem...

And yet, time and again, I find myself coming back to my first hilt, an Aeon v2, and its brother, an RGB version of the same hilt. They’re slim, grippy, light and simple, and very nice to handle.

When I ordered my Electrum Wind and Manticore, that tipped me over the price point for a free grab bag. I’m enough of a geek for US’ products that I was as excited about the freebie as I was either of the other hilts.

Whether or not US knew where this one was going I couldn’t say, but I scored big with this one; A Dominix LE v2 is a perfect hilt for me – black and silver in perfect proportion on a hilt that I love using. The Guardian Blue LED is gorgeous, and means I can pair it with my RGB Aeon for an all-blue staff.

If I remember to pick up the right Aeon, anyway...

I am, as ever, delighted with my new lightsabre. That it was free makes it all the better – two lightsabres I wanted became three. Thank you, Ultrasabers!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:14:55 AM »

Another stellar review JC. I have had the good fortune of wielding a regular Dominix v2 as well as an Aeon v2, and I can attest to their lightness, simplicity, and agility. Very good.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 01:28:07 AM »

I haven't had the pleasure of sampling a V2 saber, but your review certainly proves they are no slouch to their elder V3 and V4 brothers. Love the perspective you share of owning a couple of those and their special merits. Recently Lord Rapine reviewed his as well, and you both have shown how not to underestimate these V2 underdogs. I love the LE versions of all their hilts. Really stylized and sharp looking. That picture of all your sabers clustered ever so strategically together is the mark of true fan. This is no problem, it's a way of life, that I know for me has only just begun. Good for you, JC. Love your collection. MTFBWY and a few points, too (as quickly as I can give them, may take a few hours  Grin)

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 02:58:53 AM »

I... may have a problem...

That is anything but a problem. That's a pile of awesome.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: