Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Complimentary hilt to a Scorpion?  (Read 996 times)
Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« on: February 22, 2017, 06:22:20 AM »

I just got the Emerald Fulcrum (SD) with a 32" blade and Emerald Lost Gray (AB) with a 24" blade.  I love the main hand/off hand look.  I want to get a hilt the compliments my Emerald Scorpion (BR) with a 36" blade the way the Lost Gray does the Fulcrum.   Maybe a Emerald Manticore (DVA) with a 24" or 32" blade? What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 06:51:59 AM »

The Manticores are definitely beautiful hilts, but maybe a Dark Shock, a Dark Arbiter, or an Overlord would work, and they would be a bit cheaper too. I think the Overlord would go best, it has sort of a similar color pattern.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 07:07:12 AM »

If it were me I'd get a Dark Shock and buy a Scorpion pommel for it. It would look really good next to the Scorpion.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 07:14:09 AM »

You could just get a Dominix V3 and fix it up a little. 

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 11:44:12 AM »

Hmmm, I don't know, you probably prefer a shorter hilt if what you are looking for is an off hand. Maybe a dark apprentice LE (silver and black complementing the scorpion)? The dark shock is probably a great choice too. Oh, or even a dark standard issue with the black and sliver pattern! Aesthetically, the reaper would also look nice, but I think it would have the same problem as the dark arbiter, dominix and Overlord, probably too long to be an off hand =S

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 12:40:46 PM »

I just got the Emerald Fulcrum (SD) with a 32" blade and Emerald Lost Gray (AB) with a 24" blade.  I love the main hand/off hand look.  I want to get a hilt the compliments my Emerald Scorpion (BR) with a 36" blade the way the Lost Gray does the Fulcrum.   Maybe a Emerald Manticore (DVA) with a 24" or 32" blade? What do you guys think?

How about a Dark Monarch with a Scorpion/Guardian/ or Dark Mantis pommel. The Manticore is a gorgeous main hand hilt, but it lacks a choke point that I like in my off hand. The Dark Apprentice/Initiate LE's V3,V4 w/ any of the above pommels could also be great off hand hilts to compliment a Scorpion, but if you want Emerald and sound you have to go V4 to accommodate the electronics. I do agree with Cyber that the Dark Arbiter and Overlord are probably a little too large for an off hand saber. Good luck with whatever you choose as you are definitely going in the right direction with Emerald Fulcrum/Lost Gray combo. Point

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 05:12:17 AM »

Thanks everyone for the advice and options!  I've still got some debating to do and it looks like the scorpion pommel is backordered as well.   

Who knows I may find another saber I like and go a completely different direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Ger-Dan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

Light pts: I am a Jedi, like my father before me

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 05:56:43 PM »

I don't know of any hilts that say nice things to other hilts. I suppose with a sound board you could program your hilt to give compliments to your off hand saber.  Grin I'm just joking around but the word you are looking for is complements. Sorry, it's the teacher coming out in me Tongue

"Do not defy the Council, Master, not again."
"I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan."
―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn--

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: