Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A Valentines Day with Archon  (Read 629 times)
Rho Shinn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« on: February 22, 2017, 01:12:42 PM »

Hello Friends, Fellow Jedi and even you Dirty Rotten Evil Sith,

This is your old Buddy Rho-Shynn. I wanted to share with you a short review that I call “A Valentine’s Day with Archon…..Archon v2.1”.

Well Valentines Day was coming and if I didn’t come up with some flowers and Chocolate for the ladies in my life your old buddy Rho-Shynn would soon become your “Late” buddy Rho-Shynn, or Rho-Shynn our Dearly Departed or my personal favorite “That Dead Dude”, Rho-Shynn!  Rather than deal with the pain and agony of a long and lingering death and then spending the better part of eternity lying in a box in the ground wearing a positively UGLY SUIT I shelled out happily to please my wife and daughter and wondered what I would be getting in return. Oh yes, here it is now: A nice….. card?!?! Hummm…. Well it is not like I don’t appreciate the card I really do but this was all feeling just a little too one-sided. But that all changed when I saw that Ultra Sabers was running a FLASH20 for the Archon V2.1! My thoughts went from flowers and chocolate to tubular aluminum and the sweet snap hiss of burning hot ice blue plasma!!!! But please: WAIT….. WAIT…..PLEASE WAIT!!!!! Please forgive me, I am getting a little a head of myself! So… To make a long story short I thought I would get myself a little Valentines Day gift. It was the last day of the Flash20 and the price was excellent so I pulled up the site configured the saber and placed that order. Yeah!!! You know what I am talking about!!!!

Now for those that  just have to know: It has an Obsidian V4 Premium sound board with an Attic Blue LED , Classic Pommel, Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch and an Ultra Edge Mid-grade blade. My overall thoughts on it is that it is a very sleek and classic design and because of the more classic design elements I can upgrade the saber and still have that classic core look.

Now if you follow me or you are a member of the Ultra Sabers family you know that delivery from Ultra Sabers never really takes that long especially compared to the Dreaded “Other Guys”. My order was placed on a Wednesday and what I thought was absolutely amazing was that I received an email that it shipped later that day! It actually arrived the morning of the following Tuesday! It arrived in less then seven days!!!

When I unboxed it and fired it up the whole room became illuminated in a cascade of Arctic Blue. The sound was strong and it gave my saber an attitude all its own. This is no small saber. If you wanted to duel with this one it is a lot studier than most and it is perfectly capable of giving your friendly neighborhood Sith Lord a really bad day. The blade sits very deeply into the emitter and has a snug fit. The base has weight. It feels the way a weapon should.

I am very happy with this saber and I would recommend it to anyone.

Before closing I wanted to add a footnote to this review. This portion of my review specifically goes out to that person who wants to become a custom saber owner and is wondering which company to try. Although I chose to write the beginning of my review in partial comedic verse please do not think I was not serious about about the praise that I gave Ultra Sabers because it is very well earned. I needed to write about my experience in a way that might draw little more attention so you would hopefully make it to this part of my review. Back in November of 2016 I was on the fence about purchasing another saber (yes another saber). I wanted a custom saber but I did not have a lot of money to spend and I did not want to wait six to eight months to get a saber. I also had gotten burned by the company that I purchased my first saber from so I was kind of flat on the whole idea after a while; however, after reading the reviews from my now fellow Ultra Sabers owners I rather nervously gave Ultra Sabers a shot and to my surprise I could not have been happier with my purchase. I also have the peace of mind of knowing that if there is something wrong with my saber they are going to do what they need to do to make things right. If you are considering a custom saber this is a fantastic organization and you would be doing yourself a disservice if you did give Ultra Saber serious consideration.

Thank you for you time.

Rho-Shynn

Faith Caine
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 102

Light side points, please.

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:39:24 PM »

A very well thoughtout review of the Archon v2. +1 for the comic relief and in an hour +1 for the review. Glad to hear that your experience with US has been a great one. Congrats on the new saber.

"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age. " Obi-Wan Kenobi

Armory:
Aeon LE v4 in Guardian Blue Upgraded to Obsidian LITE Sound W/ FoC in Silver
Catalyst in DVA
Arbiter in GB Obs v4
Apprentice LE v4 in FO
Dark Liberator v3 in Tri-FO

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 04:19:29 PM »

Ice review and some dead on great comments about how great a company US is. +1

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: