Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Could a saber that's built around a flashlight work?  (Read 652 times)
Josiah
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: February 23, 2017, 03:06:48 PM »

So I've done some brainstorming, and I think I might be onto something. I have an old mag-lite xl200 that puts out a rather large amount of power, and I think if I find a lens for it, I could theoretically build a pvc hilt around it and build a homemade saber. I would of course use a US blade, and fit my hilt to that size. The reason for this, of course, is as of now I have no clue how to solder. I just want you guys' opinion on the possibility of it. I've also done some searching on the forums and can't really find any definitive answer to this question. I know it's been done in a smaller, cheaper, and overall bad looking way before but I'm talking about a good looking saber. With color discs of course.

If I'm posting in the wrong place please tell me! Cheesy

RAHRGH! - Chewbacca

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 03:53:26 PM »

If there isn't going to be a soundboard you can buy the cheapest soldiering iron you can find. If your putting in a soundboard your going to want a ESD safe one so you don't ruin your soundboard.  
I think that sound like a fun idea other than most flashlights are really heavy. I guess if your going to switch out the batteries for double A's it would work better.  

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 04:22:29 PM »

Yes, it's possible.  I saw a video on YouTube where someone built their saber around a flashlight.  Bear in mind that that's basically what a stunt saber is, a flashlight with a colored LED.  (unless you order silver)

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 09:05:35 AM »

Heck, that does sound like fun. I hope you come back with some pix and stuff, because that sounds awesome.
I know that there are adapters made by a... *ahem* prominent manufacturer of MHS parts. You may have guessed who. They make emitters and MHS/MPS pommel adapters for both C- and D-cell classic MagLite flashlights.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: