Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: MORE BATMAN NEWS  (Read 8421 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: February 23, 2017, 10:05:50 PM »

The turbulence surrounding the solo Batman movies continues. The movie has a new director (for now).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxLZu_FDbjY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxLZu_FDbjY</a>

However, what does this mean for Ben Affleck? That is talked about briefly here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciKZ3Tzqgdc&amp;t=28s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciKZ3Tzqgdc&amp;t=28s</a>

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 10:21:07 PM »

Fantastic, Matt Reaves is great. I liked his version of "Let the Right One In."

I also just heard that they're planning a Nightwing film with The LEGO Batman director, chris Mccay.
(http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-plotting-nightwing-movie-lego-batman-movie-director-978737)

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 01:24:37 AM »

Fantastic, Matt Reaves is great. I liked his version of "Let the Right One In."

I also just heard that they're planning a Nightwing film with The LEGO Batman director, chris Mccay.
(http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-plotting-nightwing-movie-lego-batman-movie-director-978737)

Story time:

Once upon a time, LB was a huge Nightwing fan, loving him even more than Spider-Man. He voraciously consumed all media that featured him, including ARKHAM CITY, UNDER THE RED HOOD and, of course, THE NEW BATMAN ADVENTURES. He also collected trades of Chuck Dixon's run, dressed as him for Halloween, theorized how Robin John Blake could be a Nightwing-esque Batman in a continuation of Nolan's trilogy, and even started writing a pilot for a Nightwing series he could tackle if he became successful in the film industry. That LB would have been overjoyed at this news, jumping up and down, anxiously refreshing the pages of all news sites to get more details, and telling all of his friends so they could know how happy he was to see his hero finally get a big screen treatment.

But then a dark presence known as the DCEU arrived. DCEU is known for its insecurity in the presence of the Great Lord Marvel, desperately throwing as many ideas as it can against the wall in hopes of capturing the same success, but doing so with no understanding of character or storytelling. Its very existence is a blight on everything LB knows and loves.

Now LB is baffled, wondering why they're even considering this when they haven't set up any kind of dynamic between Dick Grayson and their Batman. Why do Nightwing when you don't have his history with Bruce to lend his story weight? All this will do is feed into the "Batman-lite" perception that Nightwing is unfortunately burdened with.

And so, confused, disappointed, yet accepting of the poor hand he's been dealt, LB retreats to his Chuck Dixon comics so he can remember a much simpler, happier time, hoping that the DCEU can at least cast someone with the glorious ass Dick is known to have.

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 01:29:03 AM »

Well, unlike LivingBrain, I'm ecstatic over this news.  I've been hoping for a Nightwing film.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 01:30:20 AM »

Story time:

Once upon a time, LB was a huge Nightwing fan, loving him even more than Spider-Man. He voraciously consumed all media that featured him, including ARKHAM CITY, UNDER THE RED HOOD and, of course, THE NEW BATMAN ADVENTURES. He also collected trades of Chuck Dixon's run, dressed as him for Halloween, theorized how Robin John Blake could be a Nightwing-esque Batman in a continuation of Nolan's trilogy, and even started writing a pilot for a Nightwing series he could tackle if he became successful in the film industry. That LB would have been overjoyed at this news, jumping up and down, anxiously refreshing the pages of all news sites to get more details, and telling all of his friends so they could know how happy he was to see his hero finally get a big screen treatment.

But then a dark presence known as the DCEU arrived. DCEU is known for its insecurity in the presence of the Great Lord Marvel, desperately throwing as many ideas as it can against the wall in hopes of capturing the same success, but doing so with no understanding of character or storytelling. Its very existence is a blight on everything LB knows and loves.

Now LB is baffled, wondering why they're even considering this when they haven't set up any kind of dynamic between Dick Grayson and their Batman. Why do Nightwing when you don't have his history with Bruce to lend his story weight? All this will do is feed into the "Batman-lite" perception that Nightwing is unfortunately burdened with.

And so, confused, disappointed, yet accepting of the poor hand he's been dealt, LB retreats to his Chuck Dixon comics so he can remember a much simpler, happier time, hoping that the DCEU can at least cast someone with the glorious ass Dick is known to have.
Point for such a pleasant bedtime story LB.

And I particularly agree with the highlighted portion of your statement.

Well, unlike LivingBrain, I'm ecstatic over this news.  I've been hoping for a Nightwing film.
I would be too, however given the turmoil that WB/DC seem to be experiencing with the DCEU and the divisive movies they have made so far, my enthusiasm for any DC movie (except Wonder Woman) is rock bottom right now. Especially as they keep announcing things and then nothing comes to fruition because their plans changed. Again. But we will see.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 02:01:33 AM »

Point for such a pleasant bedtime story LB.

And I particularly agree with the highlighted portion of your statement.
I would be too, however given the turmoil that WB/DC seem to be experiencing with the DCEU and the divisive movies they have made so far, my enthusiasm for any DC movie (except Wonder Woman) is rock bottom right now. Especially as they keep announcing things and then nothing comes to fruition because their plans changed. Again. But we will see.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-the-latest-on-all-17-and-counting-possible-upco-1792691855

Let's place bets on how many of these will actually happen.

I'm guessing 6, tops.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 02:03:09 AM »

http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-the-latest-on-all-17-and-counting-possible-upco-1792691855

I'm guessing 6, tops.

I'll go with a conservative, 16.  Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 02:04:03 AM »

I'm guessing 6, tops.
I saw the title of that link and my heart sank. That is the effect DCEU currently has on me. Give me moment to read through and I shall post answer soon comrade.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 02:05:53 AM »

I saw the title of that link and my heart sank. That is the effect DCEU currently has on me. Give me moment to read through and I shall post answer soon comrade.

No worries!

In the meantime, I've got 6, Kham 16. Anyone else wanna join in?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 02:16:19 AM »

Wonder Woman                  - Yes (Already completed filming)
Justice League                    - Yes (Already completed filming)
Aquaman                            - Yes (Currently filming)

The Flash                           - Maybe (three directors have come and gone and the script is having a page one rewrite)
The Batman                       - If Matt Reeves stays on, then yes
Green Lantern Corps          - Great idea. I hope so. But probably not.
Cyborg                               - Probably not, unless the character is well received in Justice League

Suicide Squad 2                 - Yes (The first was a mess, but the chemistry between the skwad was good and it made oodles of cash)
Gotham City Sirens            - Nope (Would be better on tv)
Deadshot   2                       - Nope
MOS 2                               - They should and will (if the DCEU survives that long)
Nightwing                          - Maybe, depending on what Matt Reeves does with The Batman
Shazam                             - Nope

Black Adam                        - Nope (considering The Rock was cast 4 YEARS AGO!!!)
Justice League Dark           - Great idea, but no.
Lobo                                  - I wish, but probably not

JL2                                    - Maybe, If the DCEU gets it's sh*t together and the WW and the first JL kick ass

Yes - 4 (possibly 5)
No - 6
Maybe - 4 (possibly)

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 02:19:34 AM »

Wonder Woman                  - Yes (Already completed filming)
Justice League                    - Yes (Already completed filming)
Aquaman                            - Yes (Currently filming)

The Flash                           - Maybe (three directors have come and gone and the script is having a page one rewrite)
The Batman                       - If Matt Reeves stays on, then yes
Green Lantern Corps          - Great idea. I hope so. But probably not.
Cyborg                               - Probably not, unless the character is well received in Justice League

Suicide Squad 2                 - Yes (The first was a mess, but the chemistry between the skwad was good and it made oodles of cash)
Gotham City Sirens            - Nope (Would be better on tv)
Deadshot   2                       - Nope
MOS 2                               - They should and will (if the DCEU survives that long)
Nightwing                          - Maybe, depending on what Matt Reeves does with The Batman
Shazam                             - Nope

Black Adam                        - Nope (considering The Rock was cast 4 YEARS AGO!!!)
Justice League Dark           - Great idea, but no.
Lobo                                  - I wish, but probably not

JL2               - Maybe, If the DCEU gets it's sh*t together and the WW and the first JL kick ass

Yes - 4 (possibly 5)
No - 6
Maybe - 4 (possibly)

I'll put you down for 7.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 02:20:38 AM »

I'll put you down for 7.
Nope. 5. I will commit to no more 5

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 02:23:39 AM »

Nope. 5. I will commit to no more 5

5 it is. Grin

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 04:42:12 AM »

An NC-17 rated Lobo movie would be fraggin awesome!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 04:59:59 AM »

As much of a fan as I am, I've given up on a Flash movie.  I remember about 17 years ago, when I was on Yahoo, I used to search for upcoming films on Yahoo Movies, and they allegedly had a Flash movie in preproduction back then, and at various other times throughout that time.  Given the problems plaguing the current film in development, I don't see it happening now either.

As for the rest of the list, obviously JL, WW and Aquaman are happening.  I don't see Suicide Squad 2 not happening, given the shipload of money the first one made.  Other than  those four, we'll see.  I'd love to see more Batman, but that project is in deep trouble. Another one I'm hopeful for is GL Corps, but I won't commit to saying it will happen.  And, I'd love to see Nightwing, MoS2 amd JL2, but I think those and Cyborg are dependent on other stuff going well.

So, I'll commit to 4 will definitely happen.  I'm hopeful to see 5 or 6 more happen, but only time will tell.  The rest I don't even care enough about the source material to venture a guess one way or the other.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: