Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: MORE BATMAN NEWS  (Read 8423 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 05:07:39 AM »

An NC-17 rated Lobo movie would be fraggin awesome!

Only if they have him kick Superman in the jimmy.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 05:09:39 AM »

Only if they have him kick Superman in the jimmy.
And Lobo's mother is not named "Martha" so we will have a better ending to the fight

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 05:43:01 AM »

Why, does it seem like no one understands, or wants to accept how mentally fragile Bruce is as a character? A man bereft of stability, and precisely zero therapy to deal with watching his mother get shot in the face.  Cheesy

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 07:03:50 AM »

Why, does it seem like no one understands, or wants to accept how mentally fragile Bruce is as a character? A man bereft of stability, and precisely zero therapy to deal with watching his mother get shot in the face.  Cheesy
Oh, we do understand that (or at the very least I do). I just think "Martha" was a very silly reason for the fight to end and them to become BFFs

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 07:54:13 AM »

All it was was a moment for Bruce's rage to subside and for him to become the rational person he normally is.  Once that happened, he realized Superman wasn't his true enemy, and that there were other forces at work in forcing their fight.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 08:32:00 AM »

It just felt forced to me. Maybe I'm being too hard on that moment, but from the time I heard Zack Synder say his whole inspiration for this movie was the speech that Bats gives Supes after he beats him in the comic, I said it was a mistake. The reason why the fight in The Dark Knight returns is so effective is because of the long history of friendship and cooperation between these two characters in their long comic histories. I have no problem with the concept of a BvS movie, but I thought it would have been a better idea to do both a MOS sequel and a standalone Batman first, world building for the wider DCEU and dropping nuggets as to a potential conflict between the two.

That being said, the extended cut is much better than the theatrical release but the Martha bit it just cheesy, forced and, IMO, silly. Imagine in Civil War during the fight between Steve and Tony, Steve says Tony's mother's name and that's what gets Tony to stop fighting. It wouldn't work there and it didn't work here either.

I'm not saying anyone has to agree with me and I understand the viewpoint of others who will defend it, but it will never change my mind about it. Hence me making (and large parts of the internet) making jokes about it.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2017, 03:01:34 PM »

Actually, it is one of the weaker story points in the film.  I guess they needed to get their heroes on the same page and they felt that was the best way.  I love what follows, though, when Batman goes to rescue her.  The Arkham game inspired fight with the thugs who are holding her is my favorite part of the film.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2017, 03:07:41 PM »

Actually, it is one of the weaker story points in the film.  I guess they needed to get their heroes on the same page and they felt that was the best way.  I love what follows, though, when Batman goes to rescue her.  The Arkham game inspired fight with the thugs who are holding her is my favorite part of the film.

That was a high point too. The sheer brutality of it was awesome.

The other highlight of the film was Gal Gadot. I always believed she could play the role, but when she was fighting, she NAILED it. Every move, every expression, every action was perfect as Wonder Woman.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2017, 03:38:58 PM »

The Arkham game inspired fight with the thugs who are holding her is my favorite part of the film.

That was a high point too. The sheer brutality of it was awesome.
Indeed. it is arguably the best sequence in the film and the type of Batman we've always wanted to see on screen.

The other highlight of the film was Gal Gadot. I always believed she could play the role, but when she was fighting, she NAILED it. Every move, every expression, every action was perfect as Wonder Woman.
I wasn't fully sold on her when she was cast, but she terrific in the role. My favourite bit is when Doomsday knocks her back and she lands against a wall, looks up and gives a little smile, revelling in the battle.

She gives me hope that the Wonder Woman movie will be good. And from what I've heard, there are people who have seen an test screening and said it has a similar kind of vibe to Captain America: The First Avenger, which sounds promising.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2017, 04:06:40 PM »

Indeed. it is arguably the best sequence in the film and the type of Batman we've always wanted to see on screen.
I wasn't fully sold on her when she was cast, but she terrific in the role. My favourite bit is when Doomsday knocks her back and she lands against a wall, looks up and gives a little smile, revelling in the battle.

She gives me hope that the Wonder Woman movie will be good. And from what I've heard, there are people who have seen an test screening and said it has a similar kind of vibe to Captain America: The First Avenger, which sounds promising.

That one was good, but to me, the better one was when she got knocked down and lost both her sword and shield, then was crawling backwards to get them. That grin she gave was just perfect.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 04:15:04 PM »

That one was good, but to me, the better one was when she got knocked down and lost both her sword and shield, then was crawling backwards to get them. That grin she gave was just perfect.
I don't actually remember that part. Ah well.

I remember thinking years ago that the perfect person to play Wonder Woman was Melina Kanakaredes (she played Stella in CSI: NY). Perfect combination of beauty, toughness, compassion and humour. But, Gal has done well so far with her 12 minutes of screen time. (And before some nitpicky person points out that she had more or less than 12 mins screen time, that was just a number I plucked out of the ether to highlight how much she did with little screen time. I wasn't going for accuracy. Thank you).

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 04:31:36 PM »

I don't actually remember that part. Ah well.

I remember thinking years ago that the perfect person to play Wonder Woman was Melina Kanakaredes (she played Stella in CSI: NY). Perfect combination of beauty, toughness, compassion and humour. But, Gal has done well so far with her 12 minutes of screen time. (And before some nitpicky person points out that she had more or less than 12 mins screen time, that was just a number I plucked out of the ether to highlight how much she did with little screen time. I wasn't going for accuracy. Thank you).

I was always a fan of using Alexa Davalos or Morena Baccarin.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 04:37:41 PM »

I was always a fan of using Alexa Davalos or Morena Baccarin.
Alexa isn't tall enough but Morena would have been amazing. I am curious as to what Joss Whedon's version of Wonder Woman would have been. However, WB turning him down led to Whedon going to Marvel and making the Avengers, so it all worked out in the end.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 06:06:27 PM »

Perfect casting.  She's beautiful, she's believable and she's not American.  That last one is, I think, important.  While Themyscira is made up and someone from there can sound anyway you want them to, I find it hard to believe she'd have a North American accent, as Wonder Woman often does.  Her accent makes her sound foreign, as she indeed is, which sets her apart from the other women who have played (or voiced) the role.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 06:09:34 PM »

I wonder (see what i did there) if she'll fly in the movie? I doubt she'll have the invisible plane though.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: