Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wife told me Beard or Saber!!!  (Read 5762 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 11:55:27 PM »

It seems like a compromise has already been made to trim the beard vs. eliminating it, so it sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Perhaps if you negotiate a bit further that you will keep it trimmed for a pre-determined length of time, like at least 3 months, she would be okay with you getting a saber with sound.  Eh, eh?

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 11:58:58 PM »

As long as you are not going without any life essentials (rent/mortgage, food, bills etc) then go for it, if that's what you want.

LordVader0418
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 12:12:29 AM »

Y'all are horrible influences on me. Haha. I'm thinking of sending my Chosen One CE back to US so they can install the V4 into it instead of getting a whole new saber. But gosh I love my beard. Lol. I'm so torn. I've literally gone back and forth twenty times. The whole time stroking my beard. Haha.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 12:25:11 AM »

Y'all are horrible influences on me. Haha. I'm thinking of sending my Chosen One CE back to US so they can install the V4 into it instead of getting a whole new saber. But gosh I love my beard. Lol. I'm so torn. I've literally gone back and forth twenty times. The whole time stroking my beard. Haha.
Ha ha ha, LV. I'd be doing the same with my beard.   Grin

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 12:29:19 AM »

Y'all are horrible influences on me. Haha.
It's what we do. Coerce and persuade. Go on....you know you want to.

LordVader0418
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 12:33:09 AM »

It's what we do. Coerce and persuade. Go on....you know you want to.

I've decided I just can't. I put o rings and athletic tape on my Aeon LE V2... so it's kind of like a new lightsaber. Haha. But still no sound. Alas, that will have to wait for a good amount of overtime at work.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 12:35:40 AM »

I imagine you doing the Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart stroking of the beard

No points, just fist bumps baby!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 01:42:35 AM »

I've decided I just can't. I put o rings and athletic tape on my Aeon LE V2... so it's kind of like a new lightsaber. Haha. But still no sound. Alas, that will have to wait for a good amount of overtime at work.

"That . . . is why you fail" Tongue  Ah haha, I get it esp if the beard is well loved and all the hard work to get it were it is today.

Well enjoy your new lightsaber er, beard as it does look awesome!  Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 04:54:40 AM »

Keep the Beard and get a new wife that will let you get both

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 01:58:57 AM »

Simple. Graflex with sound since you can go that high then you'll sort of have all 3 iconic lightsabers am I not right? Just has to be Guardian Blue and or Arctic Blue Tongue I would've chosen the Graflex Guardian Blue on the spot though, oh and non lit av switch

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 03:18:31 PM »

I've had my beard for over 3 years, and my girlfriend for less time than that. If I were offered the same choice I would have had a new girlfriend and a new saber and still had my beard LMAO

But luckily my girl is cool and loves my beard and never wants it to go away. She also highly encourages all of my expensive addictions as I do hers  Grin

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2017, 03:56:40 PM »

From what I can see of you in that photo... there's nothing specifically unattractive about your beard as it looks clean and moderately styled.  That being said, I can understand your wife wanting some of the length and perhaps overall thickness of your mustache and beard trimmed off.  I'm not a fan of beards at all unless it is the hint of a few days growth.  Just never have been and have always liked the cleaner shaven appearance.  Sort of like obvious makeup versus fresher more natural face... for both women and men.  Smiley

This photo is about as much as I can still be attracted to.  Note the wearer lol.  Cheesy

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 05:35:40 AM »

It would still be almost $400 of my money and not hers.

Its your own money??? Buy the saber, keep the beard. The hell with what she thinks. Tell her if she wants the beard trimmed she can throw down for half the saber.

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2017, 07:04:29 PM »

Wife gave me an offer last night. Trim my beard to very short and agree to keep it short for a year and I can get a premium stunt saber from US. (Probably Graflex CE or Guardian Nickel Plated)

My current collection (plus a hasbro Kylo Ren)

My current beard. (Pardon the ugliness)

Dang man. To me, in the end, a lightsaber is way cooler than a beard but it sucks that your wife had to make it an ultimatum for you. You should be able to keep your beard and get your saber. I understand that within relationships there will always be comprises you have to make together, but that totally sucks man. You should have both. And if you're going to change your personal choices and image for her own desires she should at least let you get sound! I'm not giving relationship advice. I guess I'm just happy I'm not in your shoes!

Much love man! I hope you and your wife are happy! Maybe she will see the saber and love it?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: