Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Fulcrum, stripped  (Read 2113 times)
shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« on: February 25, 2017, 11:51:33 PM »

I thought this would be of interest to anyone looking to do customizations with the Fulcrum.  Here is a Fulcrum empty hilt, (almost) completely stripped down.

The black knob or button at the bottom of the saber, opposite the covertec.

A note:  The black circular "button" that goes in this was not present when I received the hilt.  I know from past experience that US will send one to me right away, once I get the chance to email them about it on Monday, because US customer service rocks.

The covertec and the adapter section of the pommel.  The pommels are identical between the Fulcrum and the Lost Gray, the  Fulcrum has this black section that blends the large swell of the shroud's lower end to the proper size for the pommel itself.  The covertec, by the way, threads directly into the shroud, it doesn't go all the way through to the inner hilt.

The activation box and the button greeblie near the emitter, opposite the graflex style button.  The black portion has the threaded shank on it, so you just turn it to unscrew from the hilt.

The graflex style button, in bronze color.  The screw is under the metallic button cap, which is held on (quite well) by hot glue.  I used a heat gun (carefully) to loosen the glue, then removed it with a jeweler's screwdriver.

The actual emitter.  the cutouts milled into it are to make clearance for the "tombstone" lugs, or more specifically, for the screw heads that hold them onto the saber.  This actually would make a nice, elegant emitter if they sold it separately, without the cutouts milled in.

The screws that those milled cutouts are for.  I had no need whatsoever to remove the "tombstones", so I didn't.  You can see that it would be pretty easy, though.

Not pictured:  The two brass graflex style pins.  Frankly, I lost one shortly after pulling them out with a pair of needlenose pliers.  No big deal, I'm going to replace them anyway.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 11:55:35 PM »

Dude, thanks a lot for posting this. I don't have this hilt, but I have a Lost Gray that I want to customize, and some of the stuff you posted here will help, particularly the info about how the bronze buttons are held on.  I wasn't sure how to remove the bronze cap to get to the screw, but now I know.  Smiley

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 12:02:22 AM »

Dude, thanks a lot for posting this. I don't have this hilt, but I have a Lost Gray that I want to customize, and some of the stuff you posted here will help, particularly the info about how the bronze buttons are held on.  I wasn't sure how to remove the bronze cap to get to the screw, but now I know.  Smiley

I am planning on getting an empty Lost Gray to do some custom work to, as well.  If it hasn't been done by then, I'll be doing a similar thread on that saber, too.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 02:04:04 AM »

Hey, thanks for posting this shade!  Very cool/ helpful to get this tour of the hilt!

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 04:50:40 AM »

Thanks for showing this Shade. Always cool to see all the parts and get ideas from seeing them.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 06:12:12 AM »

Thanks for posting this!  I have couple questions. 

For the lower (large black) greeble, is it by any chance the same thread as the covertec?

For the upper (small black) greeble, is this one by chance threaded the same as the graflex style greeble?  And if so do you know if Ultrasabers will sell a replacement graflex style greeble or can suggest somewhere that might?

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 03:29:29 PM »

Well done I really enjoyed the full breakdown shade, thanks.  Suspected the inner hilt was one piece like the Lost Gray, so interesting to learn it's MHS.  I would like to put the tombstones on my Lost Gray but the proportions may not be right.  Looking fwd to seeing the workings of the Lost Gray too.

+1

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 05:42:07 PM »

Thanks for posting this!  I have couple questions. 

For the lower (large black) greeble, is it by any chance the same thread as the covertec?

For the upper (small black) greeble, is this one by chance threaded the same as the graflex style greeble?  And if so do you know if Ultrasabers will sell a replacement graflex style greeble or can suggest somewhere that might?

Thanks again!

No, I'm afraid that the threading is different.  The bolt that holds in the large black button at the bottom is larger than the covertec bolt.  In fact, it also just passes through the outer shroud and threads directly into the inner hilt.

Also no.  The black button that threads in for the upper greeblie is threaded much, much larger than the bolt that holds in the graflex style button.

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 05:44:04 PM »

No, I'm afraid that the threading is different.  The bolt that holds in the large black button at the bottom is larger than the covertec bolt.  In fact, it also just passes through the outer shroud and threads directly into the inner hilt.

Also no.  The black button that threads in for the upper greeblie is threaded much, much larger than the bolt that holds in the graflex style button.

Thanks for the reply!  Guess that kills my customization ideas! 

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 05:46:11 PM »

The bolt that holds in the large black button at the bottom is larger than the covertec bolt. 

Longer, but same 8/32 threading correct?

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 05:50:20 PM »

Longer, but same 8/32 threading correct?

No, larger diameter and completely different thread pattern.  AND longer.

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 05:51:26 PM »

No, larger diameter and completely different thread pattern.  AND longer.

Huh good to know, thank you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: