Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Bill Paxton Dies At Age 61  (Read 6509 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: February 26, 2017, 05:46:48 PM »

Actor Bill Paxton, best known for roles in James Cameron blockbusters such as Aliens, True Lies, and Titanic, has passed away at the age of 61. Paxton died on Saturday, February 25 following complications from surgery.

Per Variety, a spokesperson for Paxton’s family issued the following statement:

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery.  A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker.  Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable.  We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

Paxton was born on May 17, 1955 in Fort Worth, Texas to Mary Lou and John Lane Paxton. At age 18, he moved to Los Angeles and pursued a career in the film industry. One of Paxton’s earliest jobs was a set dresser for famed B-movie producer Roger Corman. Some time later, Paxton moved cross-country to New York and studied acting at New York University. He continuously picked up roles in small movies and television programs. In 1984, he appeared in James Cameron’s The Terminator as a street punk, launching a lengthy and fruitful partnership with the director. The pair also collaborated on Aliens, True Lies, and Titanic. In Aliens, Paxton stole scenes as Private Hudson, becoming famous for his humorous “Game over, man!” ad-lib.

Outside of his work with Cameron, Paxton had main roles in several other high-profile projects, including Best Picture nominee Apollo 13, blockbuster Twister, and Sam Raimi’s dark drama A Simple Plan. More recently, Paxton appeared in films like Nightcrawler and Edge of Tomorrow, demonstrating his ability as one of the best character actors. In addition to movies, Paxton was quite prolific on television, earning an Emmy nomination for Hatfields and McCoys, and starring as one of the leads on CBS’ police drama Training Day – based on the 2001 Denzel Washington film of the same name. His roles in TV series Big Love and A Bright Shining Lie saw him score four Golden Globe nominations in his career.

At the time of his death, Paxton has one feature film, The Circle, in post-production. He will play father to Emma Watson’s Mae in the sci-fi thriller. Training Day had not yet been renewed for a second season.

R.I.P. BILL PAXTON – MAY 17, 1955 – FEBRUARY 25, 2017

Source: http://screenrant.com/bill-paxton-obituary-death/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 05:51:01 PM »

WTF! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 05:51:22 PM »

Game over, man. Game over.

Always a favorite actor, he was.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 06:04:54 PM »

Game over, man. Game over.

Always a favorite actor, he was.
He was always consistently a joy to watch in every movie he was in. Another acting great has been lost.  Cry

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 06:23:14 PM »

I can't believe it. HUGE loss. He was fantastic in any role he's ever played, and no role was too small as he played every one of them with heart. Any time he was in a movie, I knew I'd enjoy it immensely.  What a guy and a favorite actor of mine he'll always be. I'm devastated.   Cry

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 06:25:54 PM »

Two things.

1- Did anybody else always mistake him from Bill Pulman?
2- Given how many great actors we lost last year and the ones we've lost so far this year, does it seem that many of them all seem to be around the same age and far too young to have gone?

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 06:40:49 PM »

I've mentioned him before as he's one of 2 actors to be killed by a Predator, a Xenomorph, and, a Terminator.

Just shocking news! Enjoyed him on Big Love, Aliens, Weird Science, so many character roles. Even that weasel role he played in True Lies as the car salesman that pretends to be a shave, but ends up peeing his pants. Cocunut Pete in Broken Lizard's Club Dread. So many things, gonna be missed.

"You can count me out!"

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 06:44:43 PM »

Actor Bill Paxton, best known for roles in James Cameron blockbusters such as Aliens, True Lies, and Titanic, has passed away at the age of 61. Paxton died on Saturday, February 25 following complications from surgery.

Per Variety, a spokesperson for Paxton’s family issued the following statement:

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery.  A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker.  Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable.  We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

Paxton was born on May 17, 1955 in Fort Worth, Texas to Mary Lou and John Lane Paxton. At age 18, he moved to Los Angeles and pursued a career in the film industry. One of Paxton’s earliest jobs was a set dresser for famed B-movie producer Roger Corman. Some time later, Paxton moved cross-country to New York and studied acting at New York University. He continuously picked up roles in small movies and television programs. In 1984, he appeared in James Cameron’s The Terminator as a street punk, launching a lengthy and fruitful partnership with the director. The pair also collaborated on Aliens, True Lies, and Titanic. In Aliens, Paxton stole scenes as Private Hudson, becoming famous for his humorous “Game over, man!” ad-lib.

Outside of his work with Cameron, Paxton had main roles in several other high-profile projects, including Best Picture nominee Apollo 13, blockbuster Twister, and Sam Raimi’s dark drama A Simple Plan. More recently, Paxton appeared in films like Nightcrawler and Edge of Tomorrow, demonstrating his ability as one of the best character actors. In addition to movies, Paxton was quite prolific on television, earning an Emmy nomination for Hatfields and McCoys, and starring as one of the leads on CBS’ police drama Training Day – based on the 2001 Denzel Washington film of the same name. His roles in TV series Big Love and A Bright Shining Lie saw him score four Golden Globe nominations in his career.

At the time of his death, Paxton has one feature film, The Circle, in post-production. He will play father to Emma Watson’s Mae in the sci-fi thriller. Training Day had not yet been renewed for a second season.

R.I.P. BILL PAXTON – MAY 17, 1955 – FEBRUARY 25, 2017

Source: http://screenrant.com/bill-paxton-obituary-death/

😩😓😿

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 06:49:21 PM »

I've mentioned him before as he's one of 2 actors to be killed by a Predator, a Xenomorph, and, a Terminator.

Just shocking news! Enjoyed him on Big Love, Aliens, Weird Science, so many character roles. Even that weasel role he played in True Lies as the car salesman that pretends to be a shave, but ends up peeing his pants. Cocunut Pete in Broken Lizard's Club Dread. So many things, gonna be missed.

"You can count me out!"
"Carlos the Jackal" in True Lies. Hilarious. And I was just watching Weird Science the other day.

More recently it was great seeing him in Edge of Tomorrow and Agents of Shield.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 07:00:16 PM »

"Carlos the Jackal" in True Lies. Hilarious. And I was just watching Weird Science the other day.

More recently it was great seeing him in Edge of Tomorrow and Agents of Shield.

Yeah Carlos! Stupid Simon! Lol! "Hey, you still interested in buying that 'Vette!"

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 07:42:50 PM »

RIP Cry

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 02:03:11 AM »

I never could remember his name. He was always "That guy" but I did genuinely enjoy his acting. RIP.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 03:08:19 AM »

I never could remember his name. He was always "That guy" but I did genuinely enjoy his acting. RIP.

Don't mistake him for Bill Pullman

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 03:09:23 AM »

Too late. it's actually an internet game too.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 04:36:54 AM »

I just had to look that up....lol. Can't lie, I thought they were the same guy.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: