Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Weight Loss Advice  (Read 5062 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 07:20:23 PM »

As far as seeing a doctor/dietitian...not an option unfortunately.  We'll just leave it at that.  In terms of getting winded.... Yes it is because I am unfit but after my illness I just got over it is worse.  By "getting in shape to get in shape" I meant building my strength back to what it was before getting sick..then pushing forward. Just meant I am going to have to take it extra slow here starting off because of the weakness from getting sick. 

There is no farmers market (that I'm aware I have looked) near me and while the supermarket is right down the road, I don't see how fruits and vegetables would last you 3 weeks.  No matter where or how I store them fruits and veggies last a week at best.  Fresh produce is rather expensive and as I said it doesn't last weeks like frozen and other foods do.  This is actually one of the contributing factors to the Obesity "Epidemic" in America (I used quotations because while it is a serious issue it is not nearly as bad as the media paints it.   Only 30% of the population is considered obese and that is going by Government guidelines which have been shown to be pretty useless).  But, those that are overweight in America..are 9 times out of 10 low income.  I have spoken to people from overseas who are baffled by this and it is because they must buy cheaper foods that last until the next paycheck.  And the cheaper foods are always the unhealthiest (Seriously, I can get 3 double Cheeseburgers for about the same as one Salad at McDonalds).  There is also the matter of "Food Deserts", places where Fresh Produce is not available...at all.  While I grew up in the lower income bracket, we lived out in the country and had a very nice garden.  I hate living in a city now because I can't have a garden.  But I digress.  That is the hurdle in terms of food from a financial standpoint.  As far as how much to eat, like you said there is guidelines but everyone's goals and body is different.  After building myself up I want to start stregth training, less for sculpt and more for overall strength (like I use to be).  So I know protein is of course important in that.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2017, 10:33:49 PM »

Not being able to have a garden sucks. No, I don't like dealing with it, but having the fresh vegetables is extremely nice. I don't know if you have heard of them or not, but there are little indoor gardens called AeroGardens that you can buy that work really well for growing fresh veggies. My Mom and Grandma both have one, and they work really well. They are small (about 18" by 10" with adjustable height), and come with their own lighting system. I would recommend looking into them. I don't know that much about them, but it might be something you would find useful. Fresh produce is extremely expensive here as well, and it is very hard to get during the winter months.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2017, 01:55:43 AM »

Just dropping in for a little this week.  Thought I'd share what I've been doing in terms of weight loss.  Food wise I went Low Carb.  Within a week I actually shaved half an inch of my waistline.  Doing moderate cardio 3 times a week and I manged to keep that up for a bit...but then life and work interfered and it got screwed up.  Currently working on shifting the regimen to fit better.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: