Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian v4 boot sound on ignition  (Read 2328 times)
Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« on: February 27, 2017, 05:43:15 AM »

Is there anyway to set the V4 to play the boot font and then ignition when you turn on the saber?  Like how some "other guys" sabers play a (example) "you don't know the power of the dark side" when the kill key is pulled.  I don't have a charge port and thus no kill key but just thought it would be cool to be able to set it up like that.   I assume I could sub the boot don't for the power up font but then I wouldn't get any ignition sound correct?   Or is this beyond the capabilities for our boards?  I love the board and the simplicity of the launcher and was just curious about this.  Thanks!

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 03:06:27 PM »

Well, the only way to get the actual boot and power on sounds to play would be to have a kill key set up.

The other option is to place your boot sound file with your power on. Simple to do in audacity, place the two files together under the correct format (WAV 16 bit in 48000 sample rate) and replace the normal power on. Every time you ignite the saber, there's your boot sound. As part of the power on.

Hope that helps

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 04:40:11 PM »

Well, the only way to get the actual boot and power on sounds to play would be to have a kill key set up.

The other option is to place your boot sound file with your power on. Simple to do in audacity, place the two files together under the correct format (WAV 16 bit in 48000 sample rate) and replace the normal power on. Every time you ignite the saber, there's your boot sound. As part of the power on.

Hope that helps

Makes me wish I spent the extra $10 on a recharge port now.  I heard so much about those things causing problems I opted out of it.   Thanks for the tip on Audacity, I will see if I can set that up. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 05:02:22 PM »

Makes me wish I spent the extra $10 on a recharge port now.  I heard so much about those things causing problems I opted out of it.   Thanks for the tip on Audacity, I will see if I can set that up. 

If you have trouble with it, I can help.

When was the recharge port $10? I thought it was more than that. I'll have to check.

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 05:07:13 PM »

When was the recharge port $10? I thought it was more than that. I'll have to check.

You are correct, I think I crossed it up with another option.  Now I don't feel so bad for choosing not to.  It would've added $85 for a port and fast charger! 

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 04:50:38 AM »

Well I got the boot font/power on font files all synced and loaded onto the saber.  When the giddy feeling wore off I noticed the blade powers on while the boot font is playing and is already glowing when the power on font plays.  Too bad we can't set a delayed ignition on our boards.  I'll play with it more but I think I've run this course and have come to a dead end. 

Thanks again!

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 04:52:50 AM »

Ah yes, I hadn't thought of the blade coming on first. Glad that you've at least enjoyed it to its full extent 😁

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 05:56:30 AM »

Ah yes, I hadn't thought of the blade coming on first. Glad that you've at least enjoyed it to its full extent 😁

I've been playing around with Audacity and have figured out a way to make a file with the power on sound playing first then immediately into a voice over a shortened hum.  I just did one for the Ahsoka "I am no Jedi" line with a Ep 4 power up before and a Ep 4 hum connected to it with her voice playing over the hum. I'm not sure how this will load on a saber and actually function but all of the other boot fonts I've made work fine.  Most likely you would have to format your banks to make them larger.  I did mine and only run 4 banks, 3 large and 1 small, so I've got no issues with space. 

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 11:02:06 PM »

Just also figured out how to give points so here's a point towards you!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: