Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Just in! Emperor's Hand Review  (Read 19220 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« on: February 28, 2017, 07:07:02 AM »

Hey there, everybody. I received a package earlier today containing the Emperor's Hand, my free initiate with the current promo, another Emperor's Hand pommel and an Ultra Sabers stand.

Here are the specs I ordered for it:
(I have a Quick Disconnect LED in Bane's Heart with Silver Clash already, so I decided to get Violet Amethyst with Bane's Heart to use with one of my other sabers)

Emperor's Hand with Obsidian Premium Sound
[Blade LED Color:Violet Amethyst]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Bane's Heart (EMPEROR'S DEALS)]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & XTAR VC2 Plus Charger Included) (EMPEROR'S DEALS)]
[Recharge Port:Recharge Port + 1.2A Fast Charger (EMPEROR'S DEALS)]
[Blade Length:32" Length]
[Blade Option: Heavy Grade]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Emperor's Hand Grip Screw Type:Black]
[Quick Disconnect:Sure, Add Them!]
[Sound:Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type:Blue Illuminated Silver AV Switch]
[Emperor's Hand Pommel Type:Black]
[Emperor's Hand Pommel Type:Silver]
[Emperor's Hand Activation Box Type:Angled]

Here's my review video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-R9kuJtmJg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-R9kuJtmJg</a>

This is a most excellent addition to the Ultra Sabers lineup, and I am very impressed!  So glad I ordered it - it's right up there with the Graflex, Guardian and Bellicose, just to name a few that I own.  Love the way this saber feels, the grip (especially the riveted section) and how assertive the emitter feels when I wield it. I feel really formidable and just plain cool when I'm holding this saber in a two handed grip (I may not look it, but I feel it).  Lord Sidious said it well that this is one of the finest sabers Ultra Sabers has ever made and it's a most worthy addition to their lineup.

Here are some pics - enjoy:

AV Switch side with VA blade:

AV Switch side with BH blade:

Recharge Port/Covertec Wheel side with VA blade:

Black EH pommel and gold covertec wheel:

Silver EH pommel and gold covertec wheel:

Black EH pommel and black covertec wheel:

Closeups on the recharge port (these are especially for you, Isola815  Wink):

Closeup on the emitter, bird's eye view of the "moat":

The open end of the blade settles in almost 3 inches deep on this hilt. Combined with the blade set screw close to the emitter opening at the top, this blade is very, very secure. Put a heavy grade blade in there, and you are SET!

EH Silver pommel on a Dark Sentinel LE V4:

EH Silver pommel on a Prophecy V3:

EH Black pommel on a Dark Prophecy V3:

EH with a Dark Manticore Emitter:

EH with a TCSS custom emitter with black powder coated paint job (thanks to your friendly neighborhood JediXIX  Grin)

EH with a Consular emitter:

EH with an Arbiter emitter:

EH with an Archon emitter:

EH as a saber staff joined with the Bellicose by the silver vented coupler:

EH as a saber staff joined with the Bellicose by the black quick release coupler:

Thank you, Ultra Sabers!  Your fine work does not go unnoticed!   Cheesy

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 07:26:26 AM »

I can now see an EH staff. Great pics as always LB. I'll have to watch the review tomorrow. I really like the look of the Arbiter emitter on the EH. It looks really unique. Changes it just enough to make it not look like anything that has already been made, but still looks very Star Wars-ey and lightsaber like. I'll have more to say after I watch the video, but for now, have a point.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 07:32:10 AM »

LB, Excellent review!  A must watch for anyone considering this saber.  You covered nicely a lot of details this saber has that I would be interested in knowing.  And may I once again say, awesome shirt!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »

I can now see an EH staff. Great pics as always LB. I'll have to watch the review tomorrow. I really like the look of the Arbiter emitter on the EH. It looks really unique. Changes it just enough to make it not look like anything that has already been made, but still looks very Star Wars-ey and lightsaber like. I'll have more to say after I watch the video, but for now, have a point.

Hey, thanks a bunch, Taegin! Taking pics with all the different angles, options, etc. is definitely the part I enjoy most. I think the Arbiter emitter was my favorite, too, along with the custom one from JediXIX.  I also really liked the Archon emitter, too.  MHS compatible parts are so cool!  Thanks for the point, friend!   Wink

LB, Excellent review!  A must watch for anyone considering this saber.  You covered nicely a lot of details this saber has that I would be interested in knowing.  And may I once again say, awesome shirt!

Thanks, my man. Appreciate the excellent feedback and the point, because I was hoping to hit some questions that others might ask, recalling some particular points of post review inquiry that I've received on my past reviews, so I'm glad you felt I was covering some worthwhile stuff.

...and thanks for the compliment on the shirt - another "must have" that I couldn't resist when I saw it. I'm a t-shirt junkie now.  Grin

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 09:18:00 AM »

Hey great review LB. Grin

I didn't watch your entire video, TBH, but enough of it to see the emitter part.  Thanks for that.  I immediately thought of an extra blade retention screw for the third hole.  A shorter, cup-headed set screw?

I also ordered a black covertec wheel on mine.  It just looks better IMO, and I'm simply not a fan of yellow gold. Tongue  Thanks for the thoughts on the angled act box as well.  Good to know. Wink

Great pics too.  Finally a low profile, black pommel for the Dark Prophecy eh?  (see what I did there? Tongue)

Points as soon as I'm allowed again.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 09:45:19 AM »

Hey great review LB. Grin

I didn't watch your entire video, TBH, but enough of it to see the emitter part.  Thanks for that.  I immediately thought of an extra blade retention screw for the third hole.  A shorter, cup-headed set screw?

I also ordered a black covertec wheel on mine.  It just looks better IMO, and I'm simply not a fan of yellow gold. Tongue  Thanks for the thoughts on the angled act box as well.  Good to know. Wink

Great pics too.  Finally a low profile, black pommel for the Dark Prophecy eh?  (see what I did there? Tongue)

Points as soon as I'm allowed again.

Hey there, Rapine. Thanks, bro. You still awake, too?! Yeah I'm a little stumped by the third hole and a little confused why they didn't make that second emitter screw long enough to clamp down on the blade as a second set screw, but it's really sturdy as is. That said it'd be so easy to buy a button head screw long enough to do that. I don't think it'd be necessary to have three blade set screws since the blade burrows almost 3 inches into the emitter. That third hole could be used for a shorter button screw they serves as a reinforcement on the outer ring. It's still a mystery.

I totally get that on the Covertec wheel color, and it's cool we have choices. Like the angled activation box. So much better than the rectangular would've been for how it really saves space.

Nice delivery on the Dark Prophecy observation. Spot on! 😬

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 10:02:31 AM »

Couple things, but first up THANK YOU for the video and the pics!! Great work as always, LB Smiley

1. So I'm kind of glad you went first on the recharge port and I think you've saved me $65. I will keep looking at it over the next week before I place my order... but from first impressions I don't like it. IMO it's far too invasive to the design. If I had built that saber I would have put that port right below the activation box to fill the gap between the box and the grip section. The nut would then sit at a better level rather than being the only raised section on the back of the body. I will e-mail or maybe call and ask if it can be done, but unless I can get it there I don't think I'm going to bother with it. Thank you for posting those pics as I would have been turning my EH into another destroyed/rebirthed hilt if I'd been the first to get one with a charge port.

2. Bane's Heart looks PERFECT! And that has most definitely solidified my color choice on this hilt  Grin

3. I honestly do not like this with any of those other emitters. I think I'm too much of fan of both Mara and her Saber to see it tweaked. The little bits of color change I don't mind, but seeing it actually change its body shape takes all the "cool" away from this one for me. I know others already like some of those options, and so will more. But you guys know how fussy I am by now  Tongue

4. That silver pommel is exactly how I pictured it on the Dark Sentinel and thank you heaps for posting that as that was what I want to do when I order my Dark Sentinel. Another choice solidified  Cool however now I don't think I want a recharge port on the Sentinel either. Can't say I'm a fan of that pommel style on the Prophecies though.

5. I think you've changed my mind on the covetec wheel swap. I think I want it with gold afterall. Or maybe it's just too much black the other way. I think I might just order a black one as well as see. My color scheme is going to be different from yours, so the black one may yet work Smiley

6. Cool info on the emitter. I was thinking that the moat was a really cool turned piece to have on a cheaper hilt, but now it makes much more sense just being a collar on another piece.

7. Thank you for being someone else who does long video reviews so that I'm not the only one LOL

8. Points for days!!!!! Man this makes me want mine so much more. But now I really need to question some of my choices and take my time to make sure what I order is perfect.

And one question:

Do you think it would be better to get the 36" blade on this one seeing as it has such a deep socket?

Thanks again LB!  Grin Grin

JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 01:08:49 PM »

Nice review glad to know it still feels great to hold despite seeming to be a little busy. Really makes me want one but must resist the pull right now haha.

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

HoverFloat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 01:15:13 PM »

Hnnggggggg!

Amazing review. Everything I was about to ask, you covered.

I was hoping you'd try the pommel out on the Prophecy. And what do you know - you actually bought an extra pommel and tried both on two Prophecies!

BH or VA? You covered that too!

Different emitters? Yes! It seems it'll take any emitter and still look nice. Now, I'm even more curious how the Shock emitter will look on it.

Size? When you said it was as wide as the Bellicose I was like "NOOOOOOOO!" I've held one before and found it too big for my hands. Then again, I don't really care anymore. The EH is still next on my list.

Thanks for the great review!

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 04:54:28 PM »

Congrats, very nice hilt, and great review. Thanks for sharing all the pics and details.+1

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 05:59:35 PM »

Hey thanks, Isola, JJ and LJ.  I appreciate the feedback from all you guys here, and highly value your opinions.  Points all around back to you guys.  I realized last night after posting this that I didn't really post any good pictures of it in Bane's Heart, so I decided I would add that while at the same time answering Isola's question about blade length. I do think a 36 inch blade is probably better, as that makes it just over 33 inches and really the perfect length.  I tried that length out (after only using a 32 inch blade in my review last night), as I'm grateful I have some 36 inch blades to use because it feels great. I think it's 36 inch for the win and plan to keep the EH at a 36 inch blade from now on. Good question, Isola!  Cool

Here are pictures of both blade lengths in an UltraEdge Midgrade blade both with a rounded tip and a bullet tip (I thought, why not, while I'm doing this, show you a comparison of the tips as well  - hope this all helps you guy  Wink)

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 06:15:07 PM »

Yeah the 32" blade looked on the Initiate side for exposed length whereas a 36" does strike the perfect balance with the blade depth.

The screw for the emitter ring would need to be snug to prevent any rattling. If it was used for blade retention it may not keep both metal pieces tight together - probably why that's it's only job.

I certainly respect how much work goes into a review this detailed and I'm really enjoying the whole thing.

Point bomb, LB Cool

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 06:21:40 PM »

Yeah the 32" blade looked on the Initiate side for exposed length whereas a 36" does strike the perfect balance with the blade depth.

The screw for the emitter ring would need to be snug to prevent any rattling. If it was used for blade retention it may not keep both metal pieces tight together - probably why that's it's only job.

I certainly respect how much work goes into a review this detailed and I'm really enjoying the whole thing.

Point bomb, LB Cool
Thanks, haz! Much appreciated! I will say this - a shorter blade like this sure works well for reviews.  Cheesy  Nice and compact yet conveys the blade color and easy to manage... during a review. IRL I definitely agree with you, tis indeed approaching Initiate length at around 29 inches. It'd be a good main saber to an off-handed initiate saber for a person of smaller stature perhaps Grin  The useable blade length of 33 inches is juuuuussst right 👌

Excellent point about the second, shorter screw on the emitter ring. I think you're correct, that it's there to secure the outer ring to the inner stem.  Point backatcha!  Cool

Faith Caine
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 102

Light side points, please.

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 07:25:52 PM »

Great review of the EH. I love your honest opion on US' newest saber, this just put it high on my wishlist along side the Arbiter and the Renegade.

"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age. " Obi-Wan Kenobi

Armory:
Aeon LE v4 in Guardian Blue Upgraded to Obsidian LITE Sound W/ FoC in Silver
Catalyst in DVA
Arbiter in GB Obs v4
Apprentice LE v4 in FO
Dark Liberator v3 in Tri-FO

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 08:02:52 PM »

Great review of the EH. I love your honest opion on US' newest saber, this just put it high on my wishlist along side the Arbiter and the Renegade.

Ah, thank you! Point to you for the Arbiter on your wishlist, too! I'm a big fan of the Arbiter.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: