Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Just in! Emperor's Hand Review  (Read 19214 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 01:56:27 AM »

Nice. That really is a low profile pommel though x.x Gives a cool look for the Prophecy though. Do the side ridges kinda help more when taking the pommel off if you need to? Only thing I'm really concerned about
Hey, Zren. Yeah, the low profile makes it really versatile. it's very easy to remove with the notches on the side of the pommel. No problems whatsoever. 👌

Great review and pictures as usual, LB.  I love this hilt, I need one of my own soon.  I like how you showed the pommels on different hilts.  I especially like the pommels on the Prophecies, that's a great look.  Smiley
Thanks for the kind feedback, SFD! I really like this hilt, too. It makes an even bigger impression in person and very tactile, especially with the angled activation box. My Prophecies and Dark Sentinel really liked that pommel. For now the extra one I bought is on my Sentinel, but I think I'll buy 2 more eventually for my Prophecies. It's the perfect pommel for them.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 02:34:23 PM »

Not wanting to hijack your thread or anything LB, but for anyone else who was curious... I sent an e-mail to Customer Service to ask about alternate locations for the recharge port and I got a reply letting me know that the recharge port location is pre-drilled at the machine shop and you cannot get the recharge port anywhere else on the saber. That is its one and only location.

Just a bit of info that may or may not be helpful to other shoppers  Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 03:19:13 PM »

That's a really good bit of info, Isola, and is really a continuation of what you said you'd be looking into anyway, so I know I for one was interested in hearing the outcome and glad you followed up on that here. Sorry you can't get yours with the RP in the location you wanted, but thanks for sharing that so we know. 👌

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 03:43:39 PM »

That's a really good bit of info, Isola, and is really a continuation of what you said you'd be looking into anyway, so I know I for one was interested in hearing the outcome and glad you followed up on that here. Sorry you can't get yours with the RP in the location you wanted, but thanks for sharing that so we know. 👌

Yeah, it's a bit of a let down, but on the other hand it makes my saber $65 cheaper lol and now I know to avoid the ports on any non-shroud sabers that won't hide that retaining nut.

I might see if I can just tap my own circuit into the wiring some time down the line and make a pommel mounted port for it Smiley

So now that I have everything worked out I will be ordering mine this time next week Cheesy I'm excited!

RedMileJedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 77

On the edge...

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2017, 08:45:13 AM »

As per YouTube comments, I'm ordering at this very moment.

Your excellent review convinced me.

I'm also going full out. Emerald and all!

Cheers!

<this space reserved for...something.>
My UltraSabers:
Aeon V4 | Graflex SE | Dark Apprentice LE v4
Dark Mantis | Dark Initiate V2 | Consular
Guardian | Aeon LE V4 | Electrum Wind
Chosen One SE | Dominix V2 | Prophecy V3
Archon v3.1

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2017, 06:47:20 PM »

As per YouTube comments, I'm ordering at this very moment.

Your excellent review convinced me.

I'm also going full out. Emerald and all!

Cheers!
Emerald Emperor's Hand... Sweet! Congrats and thank you!

Desmond Falakei
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

Jensaarai Force Warrior

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2017, 01:10:33 AM »

Great review.  Had seen your video while researching my next purchase.  I was sold on a Dark Mantis, but the Emperor's Hand may have just jumped to the top of my list.

Shadows are just negative space reversed.

Jensaarai Force Warrior

Light v Dark - Without one, there is no other
DF's Dark Mantis Review

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2017, 02:25:23 AM »

Hey, thanks for the feedback! Glad you liked it and glad it helped!

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2017, 06:43:11 PM »

Great pics LB, thanks!

That recharge port nut.... I dont mind seeing the nut, though I would prefer it were hidden, but line it up one way or the other ffs! turn it just a little one way or the other and its fine. where it is though.... *screams*

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2017, 07:43:56 PM »

What a beautiful saber! Congratz!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2017, 08:56:16 PM »

Great pics LB, thanks!

That recharge port nut.... I dont mind seeing the nut, though I would prefer it were hidden, but line it up one way or the other ffs! turn it just a little one way or the other and its fine. where it is though.... *screams*

Excellent point there, CVB, and I am noticing this now, too. I've made an adjustment there and here's an updated photo just for you  Wink

Something else that I didn't notice before is that the black accent inlays expand in width from one side of the hilt to the other.  Not sure if you can tell from this picture, but they're narrower on the left side and grow wider going to the right side looking straight at the hilt on the RP side:

I like this subtle bit of detail on this saber.

What a beautiful saber! Congratz!

Thanks a bunch! It's even more beautiful in person.  Really exceeded my expectations, which were already high. Ultra Sabers never disappoints.  Smiley

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2017, 09:56:50 PM »

Thank you my friend! Now I shall be able to sleep! Smiley

Grindspine
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2017, 02:00:11 AM »

Thanks for all the positive energy and the points, everybody! Glad you liked my review. 🤗
Hey there. Thanks a bunch! Appreciate the feedback lots! I actually switched LEDs during the review from Violet Amethyst to Bane's Heart with Quick Disconnects, though that would be a cool trick.  Cheesy

That is a nice trick, and something that I hadn't even thought about for color change options.  So, with quick disconnect, if you order flash on clash, you can essentially swap the primary and flash colors, thus getting two main colors without RGB or Emerald.. very, very, very cool idea!

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2017, 11:36:51 AM »

That is a nice trick, and something that I hadn't even thought about for color change options.  So, with quick disconnect, if you order flash on clash, you can essentially swap the primary and flash colors, thus getting two main colors without RGB or Emerald.. very, very, very cool idea!

Only if you back the terminals out of the connectors and rewire them.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 10:21:37 AM »

the "moat"
HA!

This is how I think of mine now too. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: